Wimbledon

Sam

I hope Roddick comes in and fecks everyone over and wins.

It wont happen though.
Agreed, on both accounts.

Problem is, he just doesn't have the game to beat the likes of Nadal, Federer and Djokvic.

Sam

Cavaday playing well.

2-1 up, serving for 3-1 leading 30 -0

Vidicious

Flop
Agreed, on both accounts.

Problem is, he just doesn't have the game to beat the likes of Nadal, Federer and Djokvic.
True, his serve can only bring him so far. Mentally, those 3 are superior aswell, i saw Roddicks QF against Gasquet last year and he pretty much gave up with a set to go. Doesnt have Connors in his corner this year either, but I reckon he'll make semis.

Sam

True, his serve can only bring him so far. Mentally, those 3 are superior aswell, i saw Roddicks QF against Gasquet last year and he pretty much gave up with a set to go. Doesnt have Connors in his corner this year either, but I reckon he'll make semis.
He'll certainly make Quarters and Semi's, he just doesn't have enough to make finals and win them. Like you say, mentally he isn't as strong as the best.

Brophs

The One and Only
Cavaday playing well.

2-1 up, serving for 3-1 leading 30 -0
Aye she's not doing too badly, although she's just been broken back, that'll hurt her.

Also(and I'm not having a go/taking the piss here) is it just me, or does she look quite unfit, or is her outfit just quite unflattering. She's looks quite stocky as tennis players go.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
It's a travesty that he ever got to win a grandslam. His game is the ugliest of any top Tennis player I have seen. Can't understand how anyone who likes to watch Tennis, can like his play.

Brophs

The One and Only
Anyone who wins a grand slam deserves it, IMHO. Roddick had a good chance of becoming a very good player, but he never really continued to develop his game as he should, and as was mentioned above, he is not strong enough mentally. Most of his coaches have found the same thing-he will go back to serving big, and running around to play on his forehand when he is in trouble. It seems like no amount of coaching can knock him out of this.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
It's a travesty that he ever got to win a grandslam. His game is the ugliest of any top Tennis player I have seen. Can't understand how anyone who likes to watch Tennis, can like his play.
I love watching a great server. Roddick vs. Ivanisevic in 2001 was one of the most entertaining games I've watched. Goran was better to watch though.

Nearco

youth team player
How is Davydenko number 4 in the world. I suspect it`s winning lots of crappy second tier tournaments. For a top player to get knocked out in the third round of the French and not even bother to take in a grass event prior to Wimbledon (especially in contrast to the schedule Nadal undertook) is a disgrace imo. I`d take ranking points of the bald fecker.

Brophs

The One and Only
Well done Andy Murray. Good performance against a player who is, by all accounts, a nuisance. Murray showed a lot of focus and discipline, and hopefully he can carry that on. That being said, he has to become more ruthless. On a few points today he just lashed at it because he was leading 40-0 or something like that. You won't see any of the other top players doing that. Those things won't hurt you against the likes of Santoro, but they will when you come up against the Federer's and Nadal's of the game.

Also, Henman and McEnroe are the new Brady and Giles of commentary and analysis, brilliant banter going on, Tiger Tim may even have edged it.

soulblight3r

I never thought there would be a day I saw women wearing raincoats and tuxedos while playing tennis in the bright sunshine

Brophs

The One and Only
To be fair though to Safin, if he's in the right mental state then he's a threat to anyone including Federer.
True. Most commentators would class Safin as one of the most naturally talented players in the world, but he's very suspect mentally, he'd probably be in that top group of players if he could get his head right.

Cornell

Marat Safin took part in the greatest game of tennis i've ever watched.

I hope he wins.

Sam

Ah bollox!

Ivanovic loses the first set on a tie-break.

Brophs

The One and Only
Safin's experience is really showing here, Djokovic will have to do well to stay in the second set.

Brophs

The One and Only
Very big ask for Djokovic now, dunno who I want to win this one, they are both among my favourite players, but Safin is still pretty likely to collapse in the next round, whereas Djokovic is much more likely to do something in this tournament if he gets through.

ILBB15

Annoying Commie
Come on Djokovic turn this one around.

Did any of you guys see that point when Djokovics shot was called out and he challenged the call and then we all saw that the ball had hit the line as cleanly as it can. It makes you wonder how both the umpire and the line judge can miss something like that.