With Jose still in charge - I am NOT looking forward to next season

RedStarUnited

For me is a lot of our problems begin with Jose and as long as he is staying, I dont see how we will improve. I cant even get excited for new signings because I feel they wont change enough to get us to the level we need to be at.

If I had to choose two players situations that express how I feel about us next season it would be Martial and Fellaini. Fellaini is holding us to ransom over a contract. The same Fellaini who will be 31 next season. The same one who probably represents everything I hate about this current teams way of playing football. This is the guy we are trying to beg to stay? Why?

Martial will probably leave. For half a season he did everything in his power to win back Joses trust and his position in the team. He then goes and loses that position to a new signing who was probably unnecessary, and this happen at his best moment in the season. Martial is the most exciting player we have left at the club, and yet Jose simingly doesnt care.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
You probably meant to lead with a different title..

Skills

Snitch
Are you a sadist?

Or as LvG would say, as a masochist?

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots
I’m with José.

All his signings bar Lindelof (hasn’t played enough to come to conclusion yet) are stapled starters for the team. Unfortunate Bailly is injured as much as he is which makes him a bit forgotten but he’s one of the leagues best when out there.

...just need to bring in more starters/upgrades for the other starting positions that’s all. It’s a process and progress has been made and I hope continues to for the betterment of the club. Lukaku-Pogba-Alexis-Matic-Bailly are our for sure starters; let’s bring in some FBs, CM, and RW for the finishing touches :)

vidic blood & sand

For me is a lot of our problems begin with Jose and as long as he is staying, I dont see how we will improve. I cant even get excited for new signings because I feel they wont change enough to get us to the level we need to be at.

If I had to choose two players situations that express how I feel about us next season it would be Martial and Fellaini. Fellaini is holding us to ransom over a contract. The same Fellaini who will be 31 next season. The same one who probably represents everything I hate about this current teams way of playing football. This is the guy we are trying to beg to stay? Why?

Martial will probably leave. For half a season he did everything in his power to win back Joses trust and his position in the team. He then goes and loses that position to a new signing who was probably unnecessary, and this happen at his best moment in the season. Martial is the most exciting player we have left at the club, and yet Jose simingly doesnt care.

This is the truth.

FujiVice

Like Jose himself, his supporters will find new and exciting ways to defend him. Probably only have a year left with him anyway.

PepsiCola

I just hope the club has the balls to move him on should it be clear he's not cut out for the job next season.

We seem to be far too reactionary, proactive thinking and action is needed.

It's really make or break for Mourinho next year. For the money spent - 6th, EL, LC and 2nd (without coming anywhere close to challenging) aren't good enough.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
I really hope it can turn around but I do believe we're in for a similar season next year with Jose, he's just missing something and everything feels off.

RedStarUnited

I just hope the club has the balls to move him on should it be clear he's not cut out for the job next season.

We seem to be far too reactionary, proactive thinking and action is needed.

It's really make or break for Mourinho next year. For the money spent - 6th, EL, LC and 2nd (without coming anywhere close to challenging) aren't good enough.
Theres a level of security at United, we dont really do mid season sackings so he will
probably stay until its realLy, really bad.

That just adds to my frustrations.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Don't think it deserved another thread but I feel the same.
I have this sinking feeling the football will be similar and we still won't win jack.
For me Man Utd > football, so I don't have a lot of love for the game right now and haven't for a while.
Each time we are about to play, I don't feel any excitement. Feels like a neccesary evil where you have to sacrifice your soul. You know the football will be soul destroying but you watch anyway cause it's what you're meant to do.

Devil may care

Don't think it deserved another thread but I feel the same.
I have this sinking feeling the football will be similar and we still won't win jack.
For me Man Utd > football, so I don't have a lot of love for the game right now and haven't for a while.
Each time we are about to play, I don't feel any excitement. Feels like a neccesary evil where you have to sacrifice your soul. You know the football will be soul destroying but you watch anyway cause it's what you're meant to do.
Exactly how I feel, there's nothing to look forward to while he's here.

emdee04

Give You the world's best XI and he could play worse than we are doing now.

I can name two coaches who would give us the champions league with this team without any sweat: Poch and Simeone. Admitted, we do have players who are not up to standard but who says you need the best players to achieve results? It doesn't get better than Rashford, Martial, Sanchez, Pogba and Bailly

OldSchoolManc

I can name two coaches who would give us the champions league with this team without any sweat: Poch and Simeone. Admitted, we do have players who are not up to standard but who says you need the best players to achieve results? It doesn't get better than Rashford, Martial, Sanchez, Pogba and Bailly
Absolute nonsense.

el3mel

Err ok ? No one is really forcing you to look forward for the next season I guess ?

MarshalRaven

Something collectively is missing from the team. Cohesion, spirit, drive and whatever else. As much as one cannot blame the management for a lot of the players individual mistakes from over/under hitting passes, missing headers from six yards out and scuffing shots etc, but there is so often a lack of game plan and the management are not dealing with this issue.

Personally I think the negative football is boring the players to death as much as fans. Even if you don't agree with me, you must surely be bored senseless watching us play. Sorry if I've offended anyone who loves Jose, but I'm still sulking from fa final.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: golden_blunder

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!

"I give you 2 coaches who could win the CL without any sweat"

*Names two coaches who have never won the CL*

Checks out.

vangagal

:lol::houllier:

siw2007

I’m very cautious about next season too. You don’t sack a manager for finishing second and reaching a cup final but I do see it unravelling. Jose may be a winner, but his mantra does grow tiresome and just like it has in other jobs it will grind the players down.

sal klita

The club has 2 options:
1) Let Mourinho damage the future of the club like in Chelsea and still sack him next season after he will fail to challenge the big titles and he will fail cause his football too primitive.
2) Sack him now. Before he causes damage to the future.

And generally this club need football people in board. Even Kroenke in Arsenal realised that. Woodward have no relation to football. I'm not even sure that he watching the matches.

Morpheus 7

Incoherent nonsense, if you are going to create a thread don't make it a muddled mess. Take your moan in to a post match thread or Jose one. This place is as tedious as our performance today.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I love Jose, but just hate the way United are at the minute i lost a lot of love for us this last few weeks probably the most i have for years i just haven't had the urge to watch every game likebi used to. Probably due to city running away with the tiltle an Liverpool doing well in the champions league but still i need United back where they belong. Winning things.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent

Barca, real, bayern, juve, psg, city give you reasons that you have best players that money can buy for titles. On all positions. Yes it is great having de gea on the goal but it doesn't work when you have everton quality four in backline.
And your coaches? Poch who didn't win anything in his whole career and lost every single big must win match ? Simeone? People are moaning that jose is defensive. What to say about simeone then?

AllezLesDiables

I just hope the medical staff have their resumes updated because he’ll start blaming them next.

sal klita

Barca, real, bayern, juve, psg, city give you reasons that you have best players that money can buy for titles. On all positions. Yes it is great having de gea on the goal but it doesn't work when you have everton quality four in backline.
And your coaches? Poch who didn't win anything in his whole career and lost every single big must win match ? Simeone? People are moaning that jose is defensive. What to say about simeone then?
That Simone like Mourinho not suitable for United. Cholo today is a much better manager than Jose, but still his attitude is to be underdog and play defensively.
Pochettino looks like the perfect manager Man Utd need now. Developing young talents, playing attractive football, good team pressure. Has enough experience, and familiar with the league.
He will reach top club. If not Man Utd, so other club.

There is no point to go to Wikipedia and just check which titles the candidate won in the past. Football is very dynamic. It's ridiculous management and it's exactly what hapenning in the board. It can't work like this.
You should investigate the philosophy, attitude, skills and expierence.

Last edited:

vangagal

The club has 2 options:
1) Let Mourinho damage the future of the club like in Chelsea and still sack him next season after he will fail to challenge the big titles and he will fail cause his football too primitive.
2) Sack him now. Before he causes damage to the future.

And generally this club need football people in board. Even Kroenke in Arsenal realised that. Woodward have no relation to football. I'm not even sure that he watching the matches.
What a fantastic way to start your post on Caf.

lewwoo

The "top reds" sill come out and try to humilate those fans who have genuine concerns about the team. Whatever they might say though we arent playing like we should be. It is depressing

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
Well given that Mourinho typically doesn't last beyond his third season, there's always that to look forward to...

Other than that, I don't understand why anyone would look forward to another season of this. There's no virility in our football at all, and even at the best of times it has the appearance of a tedious procession.

What's even more disconcerting is the fact that our club is becoming synonymous with this kind of football now. After today's match, one of the pundits on the local broadcast said, accurately I might add, that Chelsea won the game in typical United fashion with a smash and grab, park the bus approach.