Green_Red

Team should be...

-------------De Gea-------------
    AWB--Lindelof--Maguire--Shaw
    ---McTominay---Pogba---
    James------Lingard------Rashford
    -------------Martial-------------

Subs: Romero, Tuanzebe, Young, Matic, Andreas, Mata, Greenwood

I didn't like Andreas today, either on the wing or as number 10 so I'd bring James into this one. To loose to these lot 3 times in 2019 would be embarrassing to say the least
    I reckon Mata might play this one as a 10, he has the ability to unlock a defence and I'd be surprised if Wolves come at us. Reckon you're just one player off the lineup there. Considering the uncertainty we've had for the last few years on lineups I think we're starting to get back to a settled starting XI. Feels good!

Red00012

We need payback for last season, the league game should have been over at half time we could have been 3-0 up in the 1st half hour, Lukaku missing a sitter from 10 yards out. We were just rotten for the cup game then.

Bestietom

If we don't win the midfield battle, we are dead in the water again. We need to play a 3 man midfield and the front men need to help out also.
    When we have the ball keep possession, when we lose it win it back quickly.
    We need to play a high tempo pressing game for the whole 90 minutes or more.

Mike Smalling

Hopefully the boys are really up for it, given our last two results at Molineux. I would probably go with the same formation, but with Pogba as the attacking midfielder and Matic alongside McToninator behind.

DDG
    AWB - Lindelof - Maguire - Shaw
    McTominay - Matic
    Lingard - Pogba - Rashford
    Martial

Another 3 points would be amazing. Wolves are a pretty good side, and the next four fixtures look pretty manageable. We could potentially get a really good start.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
    de Gea

Wan-Bissaka Lindelof Maguire Shaw

Andreas Fred Pogba

Lingard Martial Rashford

Subs: Romero, Young, Tuanzebe, McTominay, Gomes, James, Greenwood
    Nothing against Scott, just want more technique on the ball against a side like Wolves with their 3-4-3. Matic and Mata too slow for what I expect to be a high intensity game. Pace on the bench could be huge for us.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
    Terrible post.
    Think Luke is being over-shadowed by AWB since he arrived. I actually think it might make Luke up his game so he isn't seen as the weak link in that Back 4. Up to now he has only had Young/Valencia on the opposite flank so not difficult to look better than them.

Also think the fullbacks have had no challengers for their places, now Young has been displaced. I would actually bring Williams into the fold to keep Luke on his toes.

Hope Wolves are tired after this evenings game, but I doubt it somehow. Still think we owe them one.

tony54

I think it's vital that Matic and mata do not play in any match against the top 10 teams at least.
    All respect to them but the
    pace of the premiership is to fast for them.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
    de Gea

Wan-Bissaka Lindelof Maguire Shaw

Andreas Fred Pogba

Lingard Martial Rashford

Subs: Romero, Young, Tuanzebe, McTominay, Gomes, James, Greenwood
    Nothing against Scott, just want more technique on the ball against a side like Wolves with their 3-4-3. Matic and Mata too slow for what I expect to be a high intensity game. Pace on the bench could be huge for us.

Scott will be vital to breaking down Wolves counter attacks. What's more is he demonstrates very good technique from deeper areas than Pereira does.

I'd take Scott and Fred and put Pogba in the 10. You're right we need more creativity in breaking Wolves down, but I think Pogba more advanced is the answer than to put Pereira in that role

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
    Think Luke is being over-shadowed by AWB since he arrived. I actually think it might make Luke up his game so he isn't seen as the weak link in that Back 4. Up to now he has only had Young/Valencia on the opposite flank so not difficult to look better than them.

Also think the fullbacks have had no challengers for their places, now Young has been displaced. I would actually bring Williams into the fold to keep Luke on his toes.

Hope Wolves are tired after this evenings game, but I doubt it somehow. Still think we owe them one.
    I agree with the sentiment that Shaw might raise his game. They’re all ultra competitive males after all.

Adcuth

Scott will be vital to breaking down Wolves counter attacks. What's more is he demonstrates very good technique from deeper areas than Pereira does.

I'd take Scott and Fred and put Pogba in the 10. You're right we need more creativity in breaking Wolves down, but I think Pogba more advanced is the answer than to put Pereira in that role

So

Martial​

Rashford Pogba Lingard​

Fred Mctominay​

Shaw Maguire Lindelof AWB​

De Gea
    I'd be happy with that

Alabaster Codify7

Nuno has Ole's number.

Ole's bought two excellent defenders since they last met, but our defence hardly looked impenetrable against Chelsea and I'd actually say Wolves have better attackers. And will not be as wasteful.

Tough,tough game ahead. If Ole outwits Nuno this time, we should be delighted. If Nuno strings him up again, it'll be demoralising.

Smores

I'd agree with the sentiments above of playing Pogba further forward. If he starts deep he'll lose possession time and time again against that Wolves midfield whilst he ponders which worthless fancy flick to perform this time.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

I get what you're saying, but McTominay won't cover the right wing when Lingard wants to go central like Pereira did. Even if he does, his delivery out wide isn't as good. I agree Pogba will be vital to us unlocking their defence.

Nuno has Ole's number.

Ole's bought two excellent defenders since they last met, but our defence hardly looked impenetrable against Chelsea and I'd actually say Wolves have better attackers. And will not be as wasteful.

Tough,tough game ahead. If Ole outwits Nuno this time, we should be delighted. If Nuno strings him up again, it'll be demoralising.
    Did you see Jota's finishing against Leicester? :lol:

We should beat Wolves, player for player we are the better team. I could see only Neves, Moutinho & Jimenez starting for us.

UncleBob

Nuno has Ole's number.

Weird claim, Wolves overall did quite well against the top 6 last season, both in the league and in the FA cup. 4 losses out of 14 matches, only losing against Liverpool (twice), Tottenham and City. They stay extremely compact and do their best to take their chances when they finally do counter, difficult to play against but it's not like they adapt all that much in terms of the opposition.

Raw

Nuno has Ole's number.

It's hard to say if he specifically has Ole's number. From what I recall in 2 of the games we played against them we absolutely dominated them and kept on fecking up the final ball/finishing. Then they score and suddenly our heads drop and Wolves are all over us. Sounds like more of a personnel/mentality issue instead of a tactical issue. Though of course Ole isn't blameless.

fps

Hopefully the boys are really up for it, given our last two results at Molineux. I would probably go with the same formation, but with Pogba as the attacking midfielder and Matic alongside McToninator behind.

DDG
    AWB - Lindelof - Maguire - Shaw
    McTominay - Matic
    Lingard - Pogba - Rashford
    Martial

Another 3 points would be amazing. Wolves are a pretty good side, and the next four fixtures look pretty manageable. We could potentially get a really good start.
    I agree, this is the team I think Ole will go for. Lingard will still work hard, Matic provides extra cover, Pogba up the pitch, lightning strikers, so Wolves can never entirely feel comfortable.

I'm most interested in how Martial will respond when someone clatters him. I reckon he's got a reputation for going missing when he gets battered.

032Devil

Keep the same team.

Why change a winning formula.

That cross alone for Martial's goal deserves a second chance for Pereira.

romufc

So Ole has decided he wants to give Paul a new responsibility which is to play 6. So the first game we have away, we want to change everything we worked in the pre season? Its not like we are going away to Liverpool or City.

We are playing a Wolves team that will sit and try hit us on the break, playing Pogba in the 10 role just suits Wolves because they can have someone man mark him out the game like we saw last year on numerous occasions.

The problem with that is we cannot get the ball to Pogba.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
    Scout
    Monday night games are shit.

Knowing there's a game to watch Saturday/Sunday is one of the best things about the weekend.

Raw

Monday night games are shit.

Knowing there's a game to watch Saturday/Sunday is one of the best things about the weekend.
    I also hate how everyone else has already played so we're already having to catch up. Though it's still a bit early in the season to worry about that anyway.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
    I also hate how everyone else has already played so we're already having to catch up. Though it's still a bit early in the season to worry about that anyway.
    The other way of looking at it is (and I agree it's far too early to even be thinking about this) the side will know what other sides results are which may provide extra motivation to put daylight between themselves and the others

tbh though I would hope simply not losing to Wolves for the 3rd time in 2019 is motivation enough

Raw

The other way of looking at it is (and I agree it's far too early to even be thinking about this) the side will know what other sides results are which may provide extra motivation to put daylight between themselves and the others

tbh though I would hope simply not losing to Wolves for the 3rd time in 2019 is motivation enough
    That's true. Personally I always preferred being the first or one of the first to play, so that if we did win I can just sit back and enjoy the weekend games without worrying too much since I know we've done our bit.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
    So

Martial​

Rashford Pogba Lingard​

Fred Mctominay​

Shaw Maguire Lindelof AWB​

De Gea
    I'd be happy with that
    Yeah, id go with that. Pereira I feel will be useful to us with teams giving us more space and which are less compact. For example Southampton will go at us, and Pereira will find gaps to exploit against them.

Raven

Shaw is a good player, with a more settled defense I think we'll see him develop the attacking side of his game.

I think we'll do Wolves, probably have to go for a 3 man midfield though, preferably including Fred as the DM.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
    I don't remember the last time we won a Monday night game TBH. Feel like we lose all of them.

Let's hope that changes! (or my feelings wrong)

Lastwolf

I don't remember the last time we won a Monday night game TBH. Feel like we lose all of them.

Let's hope that changes! (or my feelings wrong)
    We won our last 3 Monday games, but it was Jan 2018, seems to be Wednesday we lose more

Santoryo

ripping the reward
    They have one draw and two wins against us in the last 2 years
    They finished a solid 7th in the premier league last year

Not over rated at all - they are a good team that can trouble any side when they play well
    Yes they are a good side but not better than Chelsea(who were unlucky not to beat Liverpool in the Supercup) for them to be a harder test.

Also seems like a lot you guys are forgetting that we should have put our last Wolves game to bed in the first 20 minutes if not for poor finishing.

Wolves are a decent side and that's about it. They aren't this amazing side where we'd be lucky and hoping for at least a draw like most are trying to make in this thread.

We should be expected to beat them and do so like we should have the last time in the opening 20 minutes.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
    Man Monday is so far away. I simply can't way this game to be over with so we can stop seeing the utter nonsense being written in this thread.

In typical Caf fashion, a team we're about to face is being elevated being height they could ever hope to reach. Ridiculous talks about Wolves having a better midfield and attack than Chelsea being thrown all over the place. These talks are simply crazy and ridiculous.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Man Monday is so far away. I simply can't way this game to be over with so we can stop seeing the utter nonsense being written in this thread.

In typical Caf fashion, a team we're about to face is being elevated being height they could ever hope to reach. Ridiculous talks about Wolves having a better midfield and attack than Chelsea being thrown all over the place. These talks are simply crazy and ridiculous.
    I think it's a fair assessment to say Jimenez is a better striker than Abraham tbf.

Yagami

Good post resistant
    Weekday games > weekend games

Let's just play all of our games on weekdays!

Denis79

I hope Wolves have a go at us, we'll destroy them if they do. A bit worried if they just sit back, we're still struggling to create chances against an organized defence.

fps

While Wolves obviously hasn't been as good a team as Chelsea, well, within my memory at least, they are going to field a more cohesive and better attacking lineup than Chelsea did last Sunday.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

6.0 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 613 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Wolves win
  • Draw