Women's FA Cup QF | Reading v United | 17 March - United lose 3-2

Andersons Dietician

James seems to be on a totally different level
Yeah but for some reason feel like Stoney rests her a lot or brings her on late. If you’ve got a talent like that surely you’d want her starting every game she can. I just wonder sometimes what her fitness levels are like and if that is maybe why she never seems to do a 90 minutes. I might be wrong but feel like she is either taken off early or put on later.

Saying all this she should have put that ball across for Galton, sure she maybe on another occasion puts it in the back of the net but Galton wide open.

Nick7

Yeah but for some reason feel like Stoney rests her a lot or brings her on late. If you’ve got a talent like that surely you’d want her starting every game she can. I just wonder sometimes what her fitness levels are like and if that is maybe why she never seems to do a 90 minutes. I might be wrong but feel like she is either taken off early or put on later.

Saying all this she should have put that ball across for Galton, sure she maybe on another occasion puts it in the back of the net but Galton wide open.
She's only 17 to be fair.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
We seem to be very poor at defending set pieces. That is what the third or fourth free header we have given up. Luckily none have been converted

Dudu

Eish. Thought for sure we would concede at the end there.

Held on for ET.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
I don't know if it's the norm for Women's football but it's playing like a traditional Men's FA Cup Q-F, scrappy and not great to watch.

In the 87th minute and still anybodies game.
Yep, one of those kind of games - hard fought, but we really did look like a lower league team in that second half. Reading feel like a WSL1 version of Durham, and we know how hard we've found Durham this year, so that extra layer of skill on top of the organisation is hurting us.

I'm not sure what Stoney can do with them in the break, but they look sharper than us and tiredness will be a factor now.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
I've never understood why the ref has to wait for the player to stand up before booking them. If they are aware of you, just show them the card and get on with it

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Converted. Now just need the girls to tighten up at the back and avoid conceding

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Really feel like either player could have kept it out. Mess of a goal to concede

Dudu

If this goes to PENs..

It's our first ever shootout right?

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
A goal from the corner, but disallowed. This game is trying to find the scrappiest goal :lol:

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Watching the replay, I don't think their goal should have been disallowed to be honest. We got very lucky