Women's FA Cup QF | Reading v United | 17 March - United lose 3-2

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
United draw Reading away - Reading beat us earlier in the season in the group stage of the League Cup so it'll be interesting to see how this one goes.

Matches are scheduled to be played on the 17th March.

The other QFs
Aston Villa v West Ham
Durham v Chelsea
Man City v Liverpool

Maestro14

OHKO'd a shiny Electrike
Tough game, but winnable I think. We did lose to them in only our second game, but it was a close game and we have improved a lot since then. It'll be another good test for the girls!

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
United draw Reading away - Reading beat us earlier in the season in the group stage of the League Cup so it'll be interesting to see how this one goes.

Matches are scheduled to be played on the 17th March.

The other QFs
Aston Villa v West Ham
Durham v Chelsea
Man City v Liverpool
Bet City v Liverpool ends up on TV somehow.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Will the match be played at reading stadium ?
They play most of their matches in Wycombe (about 20 miles from the Madejski). They do play the odd game at the Madejski Stadium, but my guess would be we'll be at Wycombe because Wycombe Wanderers don't have a match scheduled for that weekend so there's no particular reason for them to move. It's a decent sized ground as well.

Sweet Square

They play most of their matches in Wycombe (about 20 miles from the Madejski). They do play the odd game at the Madejski Stadium, but my guess would be we'll be at Wycombe because Wycombe Wanderers don't have a match scheduled for that weekend so there's no particular reason for them to move. It's a decent sized ground as well.
Cheers that's great news. The Wycombe ground is about a 10 minute drive from where I live so it should be easy enough to pop down and watch the game.

Dudu

Should be a good game. Shame it's away. Hopefully we can progress!

Good that either Pool or City will be knocked out.

RedPamie

Reading away... There were easier options but at least it's not Man City or Chelsea. Winnable too. It would be interesting to know how we play against Reading now. Provided we are promoted next season, I think we would compete with Reading and Birmingham for 4th.

Anyway I can see this game as an even game and can go either way. Bring it on!

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Reading away... There were easier options but at least it's not Man City or Chelsea. Winnable too. It would be interesting to know how we play against Reading now. Provided we are promoted next season, I think we would compete with Reading and Birmingham for 4th.

Anyway I can see this game as an even game and can go either way. Bring it on!
Our game's the best-looking actual competition in the round. City, Chelsea, West Ham are strong favourites in their ties, whereas our match looks pretty evenly balanced. We played well against Reading at the start of the season and Reading certainly didn't control that game. 6 months on, we're a more experienced team and we've got a few different ways of lining up and changing games.

Tough game for us, but winnable. I'm just hoping it's televised and it doesn't end up scheduled to clash with the other QF, the one we're playing against Wolves. :smirk:

RedPamie

Yeah MUTV guy confirmed in twitter that the game will be live on MUTV with commentators Rachel Brown and Laura Bassett.

Well done United!

Dudu

It's showing as live on the MUTV schedule. As far as I can tell, it's the only Women's FA Cup QF match being shown live. Well done to United and MUTV - again!
Yeah MUTV guy confirmed in twitter that the game will be live on MUTV with commentators Rachel Brown and Laura Bassett.

Well done United!
Fantastic news! Thanks to both of you for the information.

Looking forward to it. Imagine if we make it to the semis :drool:

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff

Lauren James on the bench, I expect we'll see her in the second half. It looks like Stoney's gone for our usual League defence and an experienced midfield, rather than the alternative we've used with some WSL1 clubs where Greenwood was in midfield and James played as a (more or less) lone striker.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
20 minutes in. Still 0-0 and that's about right. Evenly balanced so far and a lot of cagey play from Reading in particular. A lot of the match being played in Reading's half but without many chances coming up.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
HT 0-0

Harris is a bit of a weapon. She’s quite deceptive, the RB equivelant of Luke Shaw.
She's spotted and cleared quite a few of Reading's more dangerous attacking plays, very alert to danger.

United's best chance probably the Greenwood corner that Turner headed wide. We need some changes soon I think - James or Arnot coming on maybe?

abdul jabbar

We are not playing with the usual confidence,showing too much respect. Nothing is gelling in attacking third, I would get James in straight away.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Great tackle/block from our defender (Turner?). hopefully she hasn't hurt herself from it though

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
It's all a bit scrappy from us at the moment. United looking fragile at setpieces. James is making Reading think though, so it's still anybody's game really.
I don't know if it's the norm for Women's football but it's playing like a traditional Men's FA Cup Q-F, scrappy and not great to watch.

In the 87th minute and still anybodies game.