Woodward set to stay on as Executive Vice Chairman

Jezpeza

Feck me. To top it all off looks his parting gift could be to install that hamster faced gimp and his translator as manager to make sure the next 2/3 years are a total waste of time as a Man Utd fan as well

Infra-red

We're never getting rid of this chinless twat, are we.

Also, this is one hell of a vote of confidence in Richard Arnold.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
If you remember the early stories about Woodward and what ex players said about him, he's an egomaniac. In the early days he basically took on the role of DoF, according to Robson I think it was. He wanted the fame and glory of putting us back on top, without realising that not just any old muppet could come in and oversee those types of things.

I firmly believe that he wants to be the one to appoint the next manager as one last roll of the dice in being able to say he hired the guy that brought back glory. I think his ego is that big that things like this really matter to him. He didn't want to sack Ole for this very reason, and now he's been forced to do that he wants to extend his time to have another go.

Jezpeza

Who do you want as manager?
I think Roberto Mancini is gettable. Had the cv, proven in the Pl and the big game acumen. Obviously city connections etc.

if not, lets hold fire and have a think. Not hire someone who has achieved even less than the bloke we just fired in the PL

spiriticon

I think Roberto Mancini is gettable. Had the cv, proven in the Pl and the big game acumen. Obviously city connections etc.

if not, lets hold fire and have a think. Not hire someone who has achieved even less than the bloke we just fired in the PL
Any major international manager is not gettable at this point in time before the World Cup. Especially not the manager of the champions of Europe.

Devil may care

This Trojan horse motherfecker is about as needed as an Aids epidemic, him and his cuntsack buddies will see us to our graves.

Revan

Assumptionman
Guess who's back…
Back again…
Woody’s back…
Tell a friend…
Guess who's back, guess who's back
Guess who's back..

He’s created a monster
'Cause nobody wants to see Edward no more
They want Woody, he’s chopped liver
Well if you want it, this is what you’ll get with Woody…
A little bit of greed mixed with some crap footy

Some nostalgia that'll jump start your heart quicker
Than a 5-0 when you get shocked at OT
By the dippers when you’re not pressing properly
Cuz you employed a league 1 manager probably…

You waited this long, now stop debating
'Cause he’s back, with the rags and he’s ovulating
I know that you got a job, Ms. Woodward
But your husband's Utd problem's complicating…

So the Super League won't let me be
Or let me be me, so let me see
They try to shut me down on MOTD
But it feels so empty, without me

And get ready, 'cause this shit's about to get heavy
I just faxed all my transfers, feck you Moysie!

Now this looks like a job for me
So everybody, just follow me
'Cause we need a little, controversy
'Cause it feels so empty, without me
I said "This looks like a job for me"
'Cause it feels so empty, without me…

FFS :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jezpeza

Any major international manager is not gettable at this point in time before the World Cup. Especially not the manager of the champions of Europe.
maybe. Maybe not. International football is overated. You play less than 10 meaningful matches every 2 years. Even if not, feck poch, no way

SungSam7

Should have left after we signed Ronaldo and make it look like the place got worse without him....

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
The Athletic’s main football podcast and Talk of the Devils are really good listens today on the current balance of power at Old Trafford.

bugmat

He has to be a City/Liverpool plant at this point.
Got to think he's a closet liverpool fan who's making their dreams come through. There's no other explanation. Bleed us dry in the process for the Glazers.

Blood Mage

He ain't going anywhere, he's the Glazers' lackey. I'm convinced talk of his resignation was just spin because Joel knows that the fans hate his guts. The cronyism at this club right now is sickening.

choccy77

When the fans were having their meeting with Glazier, why didn't they demand they restore the Foootball Club back to the badge and remind them, that we are more than a business or cash cow.

Mindset is everything.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Breaking

Ed Woodward appoints himself new Manchester United manager!

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
Guess who's back…
Back again…
Woody’s back…
Tell a friend…
Guess who's back..

He’s created a monster
'Cause nobody wants to see Edward no more
They want Woody, he’s chopped liver
Well if you want it, this is what you’ll get with Woody…
A little bit of greed mixed with some crap footy

Some nostalgia that'll jump start your heart quicker
Than a 5-0 when you get shocked at OT
By the dippers when you’re not pressing properly
Cuz you employed a league 1 manager probably…

You waited this long, now stop debating
'Cause he’s back, with the rags and he’s ovulating
I know that you got a job, Ms. Woodward
But your husband's Utd problem's complicating…

So the Super League won't let me be
Or let me be me, so let me see
They try to shut me down on MOTD
But it feels so empty, without me

And get ready, 'cause this shit's about to get heavy
I just faxed all my transfers, feck you Moysie!

Now this looks like a job for me
'Cause it feels so empty, without me
I said "This looks like a job for me"
'Cause it feels so empty, without me…

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Waynne

This Trojan horse motherfecker is about as needed as an Aids epidemic, him and his cuntsack buddies will see us to our graves.
This post along with the profanity is what is boiling deep down inside me since this news broke. Just seeing Woodward's name leaves me seething with anger.

Max_United

This fecking guy is like a bad smell.

Wake up, Joel.
As far as I know, him and Joel are buddies. My pet theory is that Joel's late father Malcolm would have been more likely to sooner realize that Ed needs to be fired. Yes, Malcolm Glazer was no a football expert, but he was a guy who built a multibullion dollar business from scratch - and would have likely understood that the lack of competence on footballing side is going to start impacting finances sooner or later.

Joel on the other hand is a son of a billionaire who basically worked in his father's businesses all his life. Maybe I am stereotyping here but in my professional capacity I came across several people who were children of very successful businesspeople working in the business of their parents. If their parents "arrange" their careers in such way that they do not have to really work up their way to the top - it ends badly more often than not. They tend to struggle with budget constraints, lack long-term vision, end up with nepotistic structures, overly rely on advice from their "buddies" and so on. I think that is what we are unfortunately observing at United.

Contrary to popular here belief, our problem is not that we are "owned by greedy people who are obsessed with money and do not know anything/don't care about footballing side". The problem is that we are owned by people who are where they are solely because of having a multibullionaiire father and by themselves are bad businessmen (plus Joel is an actual Unired fan I think). None of Liverpool or Chelsea owners are football experts and know a lot more about making money. But they still were able to create functioning structures with a lot more competence on footballing side. A money-obsessed football-indifferent but competent businessmen-owner would have done the same already - to increase the valuation of Manchester United plc (which actually fell as our shares on New York stock exchange are now worth less than when they were listed in 2012).

Withnail

If anyone was in any doubt what a clown this bloke is. Look at this from a recent Luckhurst piece:

Woodward likens running United to having an albatross tied around one's neck, weighed down by the history and standards set by Ferguson and Sir Matt Busby.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...otball-news/man-utd-ed-woodward-news-22662604

Oh if only standards were lower and we didn't have such a rich history his job would have been easier.

Moriarty

Joel on the other hand is a son of a billionaire who basically worked in his father's businesses all his life. Maybe I am stereotyping here but in my professional capacity I came across several people who were children of very successful businesspeople working in the business of their parents. If their parents "arrange" their careers in such way that they do not have to really work up their way to the top - it ends badly more often than not. They tend to struggle with budget constraints, lack long-term vision, end up with nepotistic structures, overly rely on advice from their "buddies" and so on. I think that is what we are unfortunately observing at United.
Good post. I've experienced this too and working with them was one of the most frustrating and non-productive periods of my working life. They would not listen to advice and if they did, once they ran it by their circle of buddies, it was often rejected. I threw my hands up after six months and started working for myself.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Can we update the thread title because when I see the thread bumps it’s giving me trauma

hungrywing

If anyone was in any doubt what a clown this bloke is. Look at this from a recent Luckhurst piece:

Woodward likens running United to having an albatross tied around one's neck, weighed down by the history and standards set by Ferguson and Sir Matt Busby.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...otball-news/man-utd-ed-woodward-news-22662604

Oh if only standards were lower and we didn't have such a rich history his job would have been easier.
Any other situation and that would read like satire 100/100 times.

clarkydaz

He would have bankrupted many lower clubs with the decisions he made over and over again. The name of Manchester United allowed him to continue and not be held accountable for it