World Cup 2014 Tickets

Bebe

So, anybody know how to go about getting them? Myself and a couple buddies (in Canada) want to make a trip of it, where do we start? We're each thinking about $6-7 grand should hopefully cover things. The official Fifa site is fairly confusing, tickets apparently go on sale August 20th though so I'd like to be ready for when that happens.

Anyone else going/know where to start?

P.S. Apologies if this should be in the footie forum, if so mods please move it there.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I was wondering the same thing, although I was going to follow Bosnia, and I'm assuming it would be much more expensive to follow a country given that it's in different countries. For those that have gone before, do they give out country packages if you want to follow your country and see all their group games?

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Was going to be my summer vacation, I was going to do a couple of weeks there and catch a game or two, but then decided to get married in Sept 2014 and honeymoon just after, so I'll miss it. I'm a bit pissed off about missing it, a world cup in Brazil is bound to be amazing, but when I told the fiancée this, she just looked at me blankly as if I'd said something a bit special :lol: I'll get my payback in 2016 with the Euros in France!

Anyway on topic, I'd tried to apply for South Africa 3 years ago and as madhed said, I seem to remember you have to enter a raffle where people are selected and are able to buy tickets. I guess you can also go through your FA for your home country's games, I'm almost sure I'd checked out getting tickets for specific England games. And group stages seemed fairly 'easy' to get tickets for, but the chances on getting any starting in the quarters, I think, were slim to say the least.

Bebe

Are you Canadian or do you just live there?
Born and bred Canadian, so going through our FA isn't really an option. I've registered on FIFA.com, will there at some point be a draw that I have to enter or something?

fen4e

Great thread!

Me and a friend of mine are travelling the world, making our living out of poker. Planning on going to Brazil 1-2 months before the World Cup so we could find a safe place to stay, perhaps even learn Portuguese.
We are thinking about staying in Rio de Janeiro since a Brazilian friend of mine (a native) explained about the crime in Brazil. Even locals don't dare walk the streets and catch taxis for literally each time they leave their houses! You must've heard all the kidnapping/blackmailing stories already so I will spare the details.

So in case you've been living on different planet and never heard of the on-going problems in Brazil, make sure you do your planning right.

vanthaman

Winner
Details announced on July 19th. As Canada haven't qualified you will need to go through the ballot, I'd suggest doing a follow my team thing if they still do that and choose a half decent team that doesn't have many travelling fans

Stanley Road

Renaissance Man
Great thread!

Me and a friend of mine are travelling the world, making our living out of poker. Planning on going to Brazil 1-2 months before the World Cup so we could find a safe place to stay, perhaps even learn Portuguese.
I think 2 months should be plenty of time to master Portugese

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
1 month be would enough.

Look at me, I just changed my language settings on facebook to Portugese and learnt the piddly shite.

Zen

I've got quite a nest egg put together with Brazil next year in mind.....as well as other things. Dunno which one it was(Thomson I think), but their prices were like £4000-5000 for a group stage package for England games....half tempted. But waiting to see prices on longer plans....kinda wanna stick around for a bit, probably be my final big blowout if I do do it. Even if it means I'd watch a 2nd round, quarters and semis games in the same stadium.

fen4e

I think 2 months should be plenty of time to master Portugese
1 month be would enough.

Look at me, I just changed my language settings on facebook to Portugese and learnt the piddly shite.

Are you guys for real? Did you know any Spanish before that? I learned Spanish in Costa Rica but my level I would say is 4/10 or so..

Surely Portuguese cannot be that easy?

Bebe

Just had FIFA confirm my tickets. 4 Group Matches, Category 1 Seating in Curitiba! Buzzing right now.

Anyone else on the Caf going?

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Got the Rio venue series, category 2. Didn't manage to get Brazil's second group stage match in Fortaleza but I'll try again during the next Random Selection Draw Period in December.

LARulz

Got cat 1 tickets to the first group F game at the Maracana. Can't wait. They didn't tell me till now but knew cos the twats took money from my account a week ago

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Anyone bought tickets since the Fifa site opened up for sales again ? Looks like they are not selling out as quickly for some reason.

MTF

Raoul, its still a draw phase. So right now you're just applying for the chance to be drawn and buy the tickets. I'm going to wait till later in this phase to apply, to see which categories in the matches i'm interested in have less demand. In the previous phase I got tickets to a QF match in Brasilia.

LARulz

I applied this time again despite having tickets already. Can't hurt

Raoul

Admin
Staff
So how does the draw thing work ? You apply with loads of other people and how does the actual selection process work ?

LARulz

At random I think, not sure what the criteria is though. I got my tickets in the first phase one and it was obviously complete luck if you get it or not. The next phases after the random selection is the first come first serve one but its nonsense. It never let me in last time around and by the time it did all the tickets available for that phase had gone.

When you go on it'll tell you what kind of demand there is for a certain game so you can base your chances on that if you're still flexible in where in Brazil you're going.

Big Ben Foster

Supports
Applied for Brazil vs. Mexico in Fortaleza and Brazil vs. Cameroon in Brasilia. Probably won't get either but I'm already going to five matches in Rio so I'm satisfied either way.

Big Ben Foster

Supports
Which 5 in Rio are you going to ?
I got the Rio ticket pack so it includes all matches except the quarterfinal and the final. I'm going to Argentina vs. Bosnia, Spain vs. Chile, Belgium vs. Russia, Ecuador vs. France, and the round of 16 match involving the winner of Group C vs. the runner up from Group D.

barros

Where liberty dwells, there is my country
Great thread!

We are thinking about staying in Rio de Janeiro since a Brazilian friend of mine (a native) explained about the crime in Brazil. Even locals don't dare walk the streets and catch taxis for literally each time they leave their houses! You must've heard all the kidnapping/blackmailing stories already so I will spare the details.

So in case you've been living on different planet and never heard of the on-going problems in Brazil, make sure you do your planning right.

Rio de Janeiro would be the worst place to stay

zing

Zingle balls
I am jealous. Would love to go but am from India and just the flight tickets to/from are ridiculously expensive.

LARulz

applied for Chile vs Spain (class 1) and Argentina vs Bosnia (class 3)... c'mon!!!

both games in the Maracana...

I've got the Argentina game already sown up from the first phase and applied for the Chile vs Spain one too.

It keeps saying:
Allocated in the Sales Phase
for the Spain game and keeps making think I got them too but its just teasing me :(

Bebe

Spain Australia
Nigeria Iran
Algeria Russia
Honduras Ecuador

...not exactly what I'd hoped for :lol:

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

LARulz

Confirmed. We applied and got the four group games in Curitiba. After the draw last week we knew which teams would be playing in those games.

How did you find out you got them already? I thought we wouldn't know till January

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Yeah i haven't heard any news of my 7 matches yet. I wonder if people who apply to several matches in the city stand a better chance over people like myself, who have applied for matches in 4 cities.

Bebe

Yeah i haven't heard any news of my 7 matches yet. I wonder if people who apply to several matches in the city stand a better chance over people like myself, who have applied for matches in 4 cities.
Think it depends on the city. Personally, myself and the people i'm going with decided on Curitiba partially because we assumed there'd be less demand there than Sao Paulo/Rio etc. while remaining geographically close to those cities.

Now that the groups are sorted I'd imagine the demand would shift more to particular matches.