World Cup 2014 Tickets

LARulz

Tickets from the first draw phase were finalized at the beginning of November. January might be the second draw phase.

Sorry, misread your post I think. Thought you meant you knew already about the second phase results. Yeah, the first phase I got Argentina vs Bosnia so feel good about that (except 1 ball away from my drew match of Argentina vs Portugal).

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
Its probably dangerous to go to Rio on non World cup times... Rios is always crowded, and always dangerous at a certain extent.

But this shit is transmitted worldwide, and the eyes of the world will be looking, so im pretty sure they will unleash hundred of thousands of police/militars to protect the city areas from Favelas and stuff.

They are building heaps of new roads, etc etc... so and extra thousand of tourists around, would not make much impact than in normal holidays time.

if i get my tickets, i will be camping on the backyard of a chilean relative hehe

fen4e

You'd assume for the crime, how crowded it will be and potential protests etc that may happen.

Having said that, I'm going Rio too.

Good brain.

Its probably dangerous to go to Rio on non World cup times... Rios is always crowded, and always dangerous at a certain extent.

But this shit is transmitted worldwide, and the eyes of the world will be looking, so im pretty sure they will unleash hundred of thousands of police/militars to protect the city areas from Favelas and stuff.

They are building heaps of new roads, etc etc... so and extra thousand of tourists around, would not make much impact than in normal holidays time.

if i get my tickets, i will be camping on the backyard of a chilean relative hehe
My thoughts exactly. Since Rio is one of the more popular Brazilian cities. presumably most of the tourists will be headed there.

Therefore, I am certain there will be high level of security and policemen, though, the downside of this will be the higher pricing of accommodation/commodities etc.

About them tickets... Any idea how to find any?

George Owen

Good brain.

My thoughts exactly. Since Rio is one of the more popular Brazilian cities. presumably most of the tourists will be headed there.

Therefore, I am certain there will be high level of security and policemen, though, the downside of this will be the higher pricing of accommodation/commodities etc.

About them tickets... Any idea how to find any?
Fifa.com... You can apply for tickets till january 30 i think. After that, no idea.

LARulz

Supposed to be over already isn't it? I couldn't access my account saying its close

George Owen

The 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil™ Random Selection Draw Sales period has now concluded!

In preparation for the Random Selection Draw process, it is not possible to access your Ticketing Account atwww.FIFA.com/tickets until 12th February 2014 at 12:00 CET / 09:00 Brasilia Time.

If you have submitted a Ticket Request during the Random Selection Sales Period, you will be notified of the status of your Request by email or SMS following the Random Selection Draw administration process, and no later than 11th March 2014.

Customers who are successful or partially successful during the Random Selection Draw, and have chosen to pay by Boleto or Visa Debit Card will be asked to return to their FIFA Ticketing Account in order to make payment between 12th February 2014 at 12:00 CET / 09:00 Brasilia Time and 21st February 2014 at 15:00 CET / 12:00 Brasilia Time.

The next opportunity to submit a Ticket Request will be from 12th March 2014 at 12:00 CET / 08:00 Brasilia Time until 1st April 2014 at 12:00 CET/ 07:00 Brasilia Time. During the next Sales Period,Tickets will be allocated on a First Come First Served basis. We would advise football fans to place their order as soon as the First Come First Served Sales Period opens as high demand is expected and Tickets are likely to sell out very quickly.

If you wish to apply for Tickets during the next Sales Period, please visit www.FIFA.com/tickets to create or log into your FIFA Ticketing Account.

LARulz

I got charged by FIFA for tickets. Website's not updated but it was like that last time. Seems like I'm seeing Argentina play and Spain vs Chile :cool:

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Applied for 7 and ended up bowing out a couple of days before the deadline due to scheduling issues. Going to the CL final instead as a consolation.

LARulz

Applied for 7 and ended up bowing out a couple of days before the deadline due to scheduling issues. Going to the CL final instead as a consolation.
Pretty good consolation. How did you manage to get those? I didn't even realise you could apply for those already

LARulz

i applied for those exact 2 games... but no email received yet. =(

gonna check my account...
I didn't get an email till well after (haven't got one yet for the Spain game yet). The Argentina game I got in the first round at the end of last year. Check your bank account, they don't update the site or send an email till later for some reason. I think the draw is still taking place so still charging people.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Pretty good consolation. How did you manage to get those? I didn't even realise you could apply for those already
You can't. I'll have a good choice chance once they become available though. Still may try to sneak in a WC match if I manage to get a ticket during the final ticket push.

George Owen

I didn't get an email till well after (haven't got one yet for the Spain game yet). The Argentina game I got in the first round at the end of last year. Check your bank account, they don't update the site or send an email till later for some reason. I think the draw is still taking place so still charging people.
shieeet, no charges on my bank account yet.

inm my fifa ticketing account says this:

Request Number
120744XXX

Creation Date
12/12 23:18:39

Request Status
Pending

Payment Status
-------------
Note: For this ticket request, you elected to accept lower category products, if your first choice of category was no longer available. In the left panel are the products you have requested, and in the right panel are the final products you have been allocated.
Requested Allocated in the Sales Phase
x Match 19 - Spain v Chile - Rio de Janeiro
Category 1
$ 175.00
Once the random draw has been completed, this panel will tell you if your application has been successful.
0)">
0">
1 x Match 11 - Argentina v Bosnia-Herzegovina - Rio de Janeiro
Category 3
$ 90.00
Once the random draw has been completed, this panel will tell you if your application has been successful.
0)">
0">
Visa (xxxx xxxx xxxx 1089)

Request Amount
$ 265.00

Pending to pay amount
$ 0.00

LARulz

You can't. I'll have a good choice chance once they become available though. Still may try to sneak in a WC match if I manage to get a ticket during the final ticket push.
Take it you're getting a advantage from work something, a CL final is something I'd love to go see. No matter who's in it, it'll be a great spectacle. With early games in any competition nobody really goes all out unless its something to prove. Hence why I really wanted Argentina vs Portugal in the WC draw and was one ball away from that happening, I was gutted.

I expect there to be still a fair few tickets left in the final phase, just depends where you're willing to go and when.

shieeet, no charges on my bank account yet.

inm my fifa ticketing account says this:

Request Number
120744XXX

Creation Date
12/12 23:18:39

Request Status
Pending

Payment Status
-------------
Note: For this ticket request, you elected to accept lower category products, if your first choice of category was no longer available. In the left panel are the products you have requested, and in the right panel are the final products you have been allocated.
Requested Allocated in the Sales Phase
x Match 19 - Spain v Chile - Rio de Janeiro
Category 1
$ 175.00
0)">
0">
1 x Match 11 - Argentina v Bosnia-Herzegovina - Rio de Janeiro
Category 3
$ 90.00
0)">
0">
Visa (xxxx xxxx xxxx 1089)

Request Amount
$ 265.00

Pending to pay amount
$ 0.00
Yeah my Argentina one says success cos that was done before, but the Spain one is still like that. The site will go down again I'm sure soon and then when its back up everything updates. For some reason its not one that updates live. Keep checking the bank account, best way to know. I applied for Cat 1 tickets for both and ticket the box for a lower category if I didn't get it, best chance.

Bebe

Yep, lets hope so. Any lucky yourself?
Got 4 group matches in the first draw, all I have time for unfortunately as I've got commitments around the beginning of July.

Be prepared for outrageous accommodation prices!

LARulz

Got 4 group matches in the first draw, all I have time for unfortunately as I've got commitments around the beginning of July.

4?! Thats great, all in one city or spread?

Already paid through the nose for accommodation using the FIFA site :nervous: Booked it for safety and guarantee. Expedia and co were all saying sold out in August/September and didn't trust the ones I hadn't used before, especially as some days hotels would be there, sold out the next day and re appear.

Raoul

Admin
Staff

Yeah, Hotel prices are prohibitive to say the least. Half way decent hotels in Bahia were going for $400/night, and they weren't anything more than 3 star by US standards.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Hope no one is going to matches in Curitiba. They're apparently set to lose their matches due to stadium construction delays.

George Owen

Hope no one is going to matches in Curitiba. They're apparently set to lose their matches due to stadium construction delays.
In Cuiabá, the Arena Pantanal stadium is under serious doubt, after a fire (november last year, lol) provoke structural damages, so they don't know how its gonna react at its full capacity.

Chile-Australia, Rusia-Corea del Sur, Nigeria-Bosnia y Japón-Colombia would be the affected games in case they have to move elsewhere.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
The decision regarding Curitiba will be announced in two hours.

Bebe

That's me, oh goodie. Do Fifa intend to refund the $3600 I spent on accommodations? They fecking better.

Bebe

4?! Thats great, all in one city or spread?

Already paid through the nose for accommodation using the FIFA site :nervous: Booked it for safety and guarantee. Expedia and co were all saying sold out in August/September and didn't trust the ones I hadn't used before, especially as some days hotels would be there, sold out the next day and re appear.
All in Curitiba. Didn't get what you'd call an ideal slate of games, but the highest level football I've ever seen is a Toronto fc friendly against Villa so I'm still thrilled.

That is, assuming there's a stadium ready (see above post).

LARulz

The decision regarding Curitiba will be announced in two hours.
That's me, oh goodie. Do Fifa intend to refund the $3600 I spent on accommodations? They fecking better.
All in Curitiba. Didn't get what you'd call an ideal slate of games, but the highest level football I've ever seen is a Toronto fc friendly against Villa so I'm still thrilled.

That is, assuming there's a stadium ready (see above post).
Could they not 'transfer' you to an equivalent hotel and those matches assuming those stay in the same city? They should. Flights is another story

Big Ben Foster

Supports
Globo reporting that Valcke has confirmed Curitiba as a World Cup host city.

George Owen

feck u braZIL! feck you!

Russia here i go!!

didnt get any of the tickets i was applying... dammit!!! Unless i can buy tickets at decent price, im seriously thinking in aborting my brazil trip and just go to Russia in 4 years.

feck

Bebe

feck u braZIL! feck you!

Russia here i go!!

didnt get any of the tickets i was applying... dammit!!! Unless i can buy tickets at decent price, im seriously thinking in aborting my brazil trip and just go to Russia in 4 years.

feck
I think there is one more round of sales. Tickets should be the same price. Might be a hassle though as I think the draws are over and its first come first serve from now on.

Globo reporting that Valcke has confirmed Curitiba as a World Cup host city.
Thank God for that.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Is this the 31 Jan deadline tickets you guys are receiving news on? Have heard nothing myself and the site keeps iving me an internal error :(

George Owen

Is this the 31 Jan deadline tickets you guys are receiving news on? Have heard nothing myself and the site keeps iving me an internal error :(
Yep. check your bank account just in case they charged you for tickets...

next round "first come, first served" will commence on 12 March 2014 at 12.00 CET/08.00 BRT (Brasilia time).

antohan

Yep. check your bank account just in case they charged you for tickets...

next round "first come, first served" will commence on 12 March 2014 at 12.00 CET/08.00 BRT (Brasilia time).
Did you apply as a randomer or under the Chilean Association? I placed two requests for tickets, one as general public (turned down already) and the other for the Uruguayan support section, which I didn't have high hopes for but are now my only hope :(

Balls, even have accommodation sorted through friends and former work colleagues in Brazil :mad:

Chorley1974

Lady Ole
The thing with the Brazil WC is that there is supposed to be a high proportion of tickets going to locals, as there aren't as many travelling fans due to the distance, and difficulty of travelling within Brazil, and less corporate packages as well. I'm still going even if I can't get tickets through official routes. For example out of the 40,000+ seats in the stadium in Manaus, how many travelling fans will there be, and how much corporate? I'd say not a lot. Rio will be a whole different ball game though.

antohan

Anyone else trying this "First come first served" period? I've been "on a queue" for half an hour already! :mad:

Big Ben Foster

Supports
Got in after being in the queue for a few minutes. Everything I wanted was gone. :mad: