World Cup 22 Fantasy

123PlayCard

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
Supports
Chelsea
They increase the budget 5m (don't see it mentioned in the rules)

MID probably makes a diff this round

Last edited:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Just bloody come down with covid, but a bit of footy is just the ticket.
Any recommendation on last 16 squad lineup?

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Just bloody come down with covid, but a bit of footy is just the ticket.
Any recommendation on last 16 squad lineup?
I’ve simply looked at the fixtures, picked who I think has the easier opponents and focussed on their players….

Holland first up, got a few of theirs (haven’t gone triple defence this time though).

Only got one superstar/dear player which means rest of squad looks decent (no 3.5m bargains).

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I’ve simply looked at the fixtures, picked who I think has the easier opponents and focussed on their players….

Holland first up, got a few of theirs (haven’t gone triple defence this time though).

Only got one superstar/dear player which means rest of squad looks decent (no 3.5m bargains).
Gone outrageously template. Very close to the fantasy scout team, but have Shaw and Saka in there. Plus Dumfries. Although he's not done much.

Power captain, which takes that stress away.
Wouldn't have been great last round, as I selected a 6 pointer, and my next highest was 7 anyway.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Doh, was sitting pretty with keeper 7 and Dumfries 12 and 24 as power captain for a moment.
That USA goal is a killer!

Dudu

Had Dumfries in my team throughout.

What a horrific call to transfer him out on RO16 WC :(

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Yess!!!
Makes up for the conceded goal!

3 around me have him, but won't be as captain :drool:
Only slight negative is that because he has monster hauled in the first game we won't get to see the armband move to any other player.

Now we need the likes of Mbappe and Messi to flop so everyone else don't get double points :D

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Shame Noppert didn't keep the cleanie, but that's why you pick a decent second keeper. Martinez switched in now.
Klassen didn't work, 0 pointer, but easily switched to a bench boy.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Only slight negative is that because he has monster hauled in the first game we won't get to see the armband move to any other player.

Now we need the likes of Mbappe and Messi to flop so everyone else don't get double points :D
Shame the top 5 in my league all had Dumfries, but a 28 point captain can't be knocked. That's going to take something incredible to beat.

Messi/Mbappe blanking will certainly be a huge game changer now.

Dudu

Always the risk in these wildcard/unlimited scenarios!
Yeah, exactly! Wouldn't have dreamed of taking him out otherwise.
Even worse is half my ML have kept him. Ugh.

I had him in until this morning then thought I couldn’t go triple Holland defence again so took him out :(

Kept Blind so that’s something I guess
Midfield goals are golden! Blind almost matched Dumfries.
Had Noppert as my only Dutch cover. Rubbish start to the round.

Yeah, exactly! Wouldn't have dreamed of taking him out otherwise.
Even worse is half my ML have kept him. Ugh.

Midfield goals are golden! Blind almost matched Dumfries.
Had Noppert as my only Dutch cover. Rubbish start to the round.
Got Noppert and Klassen (my one out there pick). Will sub in Alisson and Bruno Fernandes

0161_UNITED

Hmm.. Took a gamble and saved the WC after a good week 1, the result was an abysmally shocking MD2, but I recovered in MD3. Played the Captain chip and had Dumphries and Pulisic, so it's been good so far (Gakpo I need to transfer out - Richarlison maybe, but with the WC in my pocket - I can blow these transfers).

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Hmm.. Took a gamble and saved the WC after a good week 1, the result was an abysmally shocking MD2, but I recovered in MD3. Played the Captain chip and had Dumphries and Pulisic, so it's been good so far (Gakpo I need to transfer out - Richarlison maybe, but with the WC in my pocket - I can blow these transfers).
You already had unlimited transfers for this gameweek though, with 4 transfers throughout the week?
You'd do well to muck it up so badly 4 wasn't enough.

Then 5 within the next week!

Has less impact after groups - you get unlimited for the R16 changes (plus four during it), then five in quarters, five in semis, six for final?

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Typical of the wc fantasy that a double argie clean sheet gets wiped out like that.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Typical of the wc fantasy that a double argie clean sheet gets wiped out like that.
Just when I saw 75 on the clock and thought how comfy this Argie goalie cleany was...garhh.
Noppert one was wiped in a spawny fashion too.

So annoying as this game couldn't make it much easier to get a cleany having 2 chances!

Midfield Martinez has played way too deep as well annoyingly and then goes down as an own goal!
Can bench him off at least though.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Messi with 7 is good for us Dumfries captainers, as surely no-one will risk that 7 to go for a bigger haul from Mbappe?

Dudu

Screw it. Switched from Messi to Mbappe Captain.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Now France cleany about to be wiped out with the last kick of the game.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Sort of a shame a few have got out of jail with the Messi to Mbappe switch.
However, that 2nd goal pushes him to 15, so actually becomes myself and @Samid's power captain after all!

And ruck sake, they were determined to lose us that French clean sheet weren't they, 2 or 3 chances, pen, saved, rekane..garhhh

123PlayCard

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
Supports
Chelsea
Penalty then retake. Why don't Theo get subbed before that ?

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Used the power captain too, looks like it will stay on Mbappe unless Richarlison goes nuts which is unlikely.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Having said that, our leader had Lloris and Hernandez, and must have been sitting there thinking he had a pen save on top of double cleanies :lol:

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Sort of a shame a few have got out of jail with the Messi to Mbappe switch.
However, that 2nd goal pushes him to 15, so actually becomes myself and @Samid's power captain after all!

And ruck sake, they were determined to lose us that French clean sheet weren't they, 2 or 3 chances, pen, saved, rekane..garhhh
A bit baffling that 1G+2A for a defender is worth less than 2G+1A for a forward.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
The only way to get high scores is if your attacker gets more than one return or your midfielders get goals. Defenders have been largely useless.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
A bit baffling that 1G+2A for a defender is worth less than 2G+1A for a forward.
Those 2 sets are actually the same at 13 points. With 1 point for playing 60.

Mbappe must have made the right amount of "key passes" to get his extra 1 point.
But yes, an odd system all in.