g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Worst PL players "stealing a living"?

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Boyata at City was another.

Remember him making his debut at City when he was a teenager in 2009 or something.

Assumed he left City and then he come on for them at Spurs in May 2015. :lol:

13 appearences in 6 years at Man. City although he did have a couple of years out on loan.

Acole9

Outstanding
I'm not knee jerking based on tonight but perhaps Mariappa can be thrown into the mix. Relegated with two clubs from the Premier League previously I believe (A modern day Hermann Hreidarsson) He was quick to have a go at other players tonight but his defending was shambolic at times.

SachinJ22

Poster of Nonsense
"What's that? You're offering me £100k per week? Feck off, I'm not that good. I'm clearly being appreciated way too much here, I want a transfer. Hopefully there's a club out there who values me less."

-What SachinJ22 thinks a footballer should respond if they're offered wages he deems to high.
Go ahead, attack my opinion. But he is a shit player and nothing is going to change that, the administration thinks he deserves that much and they are foolish to have offered him that much. No wonder we have so many average players with the standard going down in the team. I can't do anything if you didn't understand what I said.

SachinJ22

Poster of Nonsense
Yeah there’s a lad named Jesse Lingard, stealing a living can’t remember the last good thing he did

(Ps- you’re an idiot)
Great, let's pay 100k to all the average players we have just because they work hard. Fellaini deserves 200k a week, Darmian also deserves 100k a week as he works hard in defence, let's pay Blind 150k a week to sit on the bench. Lingard scores goals and works hard, so let's sign more average players like him and make Manchester United great again.

(Ps- you too are an idiot)

Maccataq

I would argue that the sum total of feck all in all of the other games (in terms of performance and what he does for the team) would imply that he is here to make up the numbers.

Lingard is a placeholder, in my opinion. And it is just my opinion.

Hey, I don't care how good he is - as long as he can give us something useful then I'm his biggest fan.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Lingard is a world-beater (far from it) or that he will have a long-term Utd career but I just think he is better than people give him credit for - he just needs more consistent output. The goal last night against Watford was sensational - everyone would be falling over themselves had Ronaldo/Messi scored that!

Fitchett

Rondon has been playing under Toby Pulis his whole PL career except 1 game, which he scored in. We have no right to question the goalscoring record if anybody who’s been playing under a man who is the antithesis of attacking football.

Lamela has been injured. Do you even keep up with football?

Gueye is playing in a horrible Everton team in an unbalanced midfield. Still a good player and great at what he does. Was excellent against Arsenal (until he got himself sent-off that is).

Mata is hardly stealing a wage... still a very good player who’s just not in form, again part of a misfunctioning offence all together.
In the immediate post Pulis era, Rondon scored a goal tonight - unfortunately for him it was an own goal.

Crocky

Supports
Liverpool
Don’t know about stealing a living but there has been some utter dross this season.
Lovren
Lindelof
Cleverley
Williams

Hullyback

Supports
Liverpool FC
£3mio a year and still hasn't scored a goal for them after 22 matches. The last time he scored a goal was for WBA on 27th Feb 2016 :lol:
What a player! We really missed a trick missing out on him and getting the absolutely prolific Ballotelli instead.

Oh, wait.

He might come good though, that's normally what's said about shitty English Forwards ain't it. We'll all still be saying it about Walcott when he's a pundit on MOTD.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Baba Rahman was linked with a move in the papers today.

Can't believe he's still at Chelsea. They signed him for 23m.:eek:

Niclas

Alex Iwobi, I think this is not a too controversial opinion.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Schweinsteger , Rooney & falcao was class in their peak , genuine top players, they are just declining here.
Who cares what Falcao and Bastian did for other clubs?
I only care what they did for us and the pair of them were dreadful.
If ever anybody could be said to stealing a living a footballer, it would be Falcao and Bastian, when they were with us.
They were both once great players, who declined at a relatively young age, which is when they arrived in the EPL.

The Bloody-Nine

'Stealing a living' suggests to me that the player in question didn't give a shit. I wouldn't say that about Falcao.

There was talk about Basti, though...

E-mal

Alex Iwobi, I think this is not a too controversial opinion.
How can a young player who is passing through a difficult season this year all be it with a questionable attitude recently be stealing a living?.

Luciano Venturini

Richard Wright was employed by City for 6 years and never played one game.

Andy Carroll, Callum Chambers and Saido Berahino all spring to mind