Worst player at premier League clubs that starts regularly

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Just been watching the Leicester - Villa game and noticed how terrible Villas right back is. He's been at fault for the 3 goals I've seen, and Barnes scored the first who is his opposite number.

Raised a question of who is the worst player in each team that regularly starts for them. Say a minimum of 10 starts as a barometer.

Arsenal - Mustafi
Aston Villa - Guilbert
Bournemouth - Solanke
Brighton - Alzate
Burnley - Lowton
Chelsea - Emerson
Crystal Palace - McCarthy
Everton - Iwobi
Leicester - Choudhury
Liverpool - Lovren
Man City - Otamendi
Man Utd - Lingard
Newcastle - Joelinton
Norwich - Tettey
Sheff Utd - Moussett (No one really deserves this)
Southampton - Adams
Tottenham - Dier
Watford - Mariappa
West Ham - Zabaleta?
Wolves - Saiss

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
You think Moussett is Sheffield's worst player? I was under the impression he was doing well there.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Solanke is a weird one.

He's never particularly bad but you get the impression hell will freeze over before he scores.

Dante

Average bang
Lingard has only started 9 games. He's not a regular.

By contrast, Pereira has started 18 games. He's far more in the conversation.

Dante

Average bang
Fair enough I didn't check Lingards appearances assumed he'd started far more than 9
That's because of the Caf obsession with dumping on Lingard an easy punchline.

He's this forum's equivalent of the Irishman in every Englishman, Scotsman and Irishman joke: an easy whipping boy for those who like to follow the humourless mob.

Acole9

Outstanding
Mousset at Bournemouth was dreadful but he's improved a lot at Sheffield United. Batshuayi at Chelsea has to be their worst player for sure.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Chelsea's is Kepa and it is not even up for debate.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
At Spurs it is easily Sanchez imo. Everytime I watch them he's clueless dealing with long diagonals/crosses which causes carnage. Vertonghten must be really bad now if he can't get a regular game.

It's tough to pick some as not sure a lot of those players in OP's list have even started 10 games so really it's just squad players who can in for individual games (like O'Shea used to do) but struggle more with a run of starts.

Of course six weeks back I'd have said Fred would be a must for this thread but not so much recently....

Gulibert has been o.k for most of this season. Just in really bad form now like most of them. Wesley was the obvious pick for us before his injury.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Chelsea's is Kepa and it is not even up for debate.
He's had an average season certainly but 5 games of Caballero running out of his box and letting in easy shots must've been enough, he really dives in instalments.

hubbuh

At Spurs it is easily Sanchez imo. Everytime I watch them he's clueless dealing with long diagonals/crosses which causes carnage. Vertonghten must be really bad now if he can't get a regular game.

It's tough to pick some as not sure a lot of those players in OP's list have even started 10 games so really it's just squad players who can in for individual games (like O'Shea used to do) but struggle more with a run of starts.

Of course six weeks back I'd have said Fred would be a must for this thread but not so much recently....

Gulibert has been o.k for most of this season. Just in really bad form now like most of them. Wesley was the obvious pick for us before his injury.
Past 6 weeks?! Fred has been fairly consistent all season long!

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Lovren doesn't start regularly, he only gets gametime in emergencies.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
That's because of the Caf obsession with dumping on Lingard an easy punchline.

He's this forum's equivalent of the Irishman in every Englishman, Scotsman and Irishman joke: an easy whipping boy for those who like to follow the humourless mob.
He's played over 30 games this season. There's a reason he doesn't start much anymore.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
A lot of these guys aren't regular players and a lot of them aren't even that bad.

Choudhury - Pretty decent, I see some promise with him.
Dier - Okay he's a bit of a block headed cnut but he's not awful.
Iwobi isn't that bad for Everton
Mousset - Come on?
Otamendi - City have won league titles with him.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Past 6 weeks?! Fred has been fairly consistent all season long!
Was he that good up to xmas? Started in defeats at Newcastle and Bournemouth, 2-0 loss at Watford, 2-0 at Arsenal where you were very passive and the 2-2 v us which is your worst home result of the season I think. Also started the 1-1 v Rochdale. Fair enough if he was amazing in those games but the poor general team performances suggests he wasn't.

I'm not denying he's played well now and looks to have got the pace of premier league finally.

If not him then Andreas Pereira then who must've started at least 10 prem games but is now struggling to make the bench which probably shows how you've improved things in midfield with McTominay fit again and Bruno coming in.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Was he that good up to xmas? Started in defeats at Newcastle and Bournemouth, 2-0 loss at Watford, 2-0 at Arsenal where you were very passive and the 2-2 v us which is your worst home result of the season I think. Also started the 1-1 v Rochdale. Fair enough if he was amazing in those games but the poor general team performances suggests he wasn't.

I'm not denying he's played well now and looks to have got the pace of premier league finally.
Most people's player of the season I'd say.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
A lot of these guys aren't regular players and a lot of them aren't even that bad.

Mousset - Come on?
Agree with all of those bar Otamendi, he can’t defend for shit, he’s a calamity waiting to happen and City always look like conceding when he plays. The difference between him and the calm presence of Laporte is literally night and day imo. I can’t believe he keeps getting starts for this City side.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Most people's player of the season I'd say.
Really? Guess he's come on lots considering how bad he was at points last season (can still remember his performance v Man. City in the run in where even basic 5 yard passes were beyond) but I'd say Luke Shaw would deserve it more if you want a comeback story as he's really established himself as one of the better LBs in the league again after the lows of Mourinho and also done well at times in back 3.

Wan Bisaaka also done pretty well considering he's only been a regular at this level for two years. Rashford was basically carrying you in the final third up to xmas. Perhaps Maguire hasn't met expectations given the fee but he's really stood up as a leader in last few weeks, good decision by OGS to give him the captains armband.

Even in the midfield area your win ratio seems to go up when McTominay is around which underlines his importance to your team now. That's before we even get to Bruno Fernandes....

Fred really POTY before all those guys? Generally interested in your opinion there.

Spaghetti

Mom's

If not him then Andreas Pereira then who must've started at least 10 prem games but is now struggling to make the bench which probably shows how you've improved things in midfield with McTominay fit again and Bruno coming in.
Fred has been excellent all season. He has been consistent and got to the point where we say “oh no , Fred isn’t playing” instead of “oh no, Fred’s playing”.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Agree with all of those bar Otamendi, he can’t defend for shit, he’s a calamity waiting to happen and City always look like conceding when he plays. The difference between him and the calm presence of Laporte is literally night and day imo. I can’t believe he keeps getting starts for this City side.
Yeah Otamendi is pretty bad. Fun watching his headless moments for Argentina and them not having the quality Man. City do at the back or in midfield to help him out.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Fred has been excellent all season. He has been consistent and got to the point where we say “oh no , Fred isn’t playing” instead of “oh no, Fred’s playing”.
Wouldn't say all season, I'd say it was about October was when he began his improvement.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Wouldn't say all season, I'd say it was about October was when he began his improvement.
Yep just looked back at his own thread after the Rochdale game and most were still saying what a waste of money. :lol: Has @el3mel changed his opinion I wonder?

Guys I'm not denying he's looked much more like the player you thought you'd signed in last two months but think saying he's your POTY is a little over the top from what I've seen from other players.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Really? Guess he's come on lots considering how bad he was at points last season (can still remember his performance v Man. City in the run in where even basic 5 yard passes were beyond) but I'd say Luke Shaw would deserve it more if you want a comeback story as he's really established himself as one of the better LBs in the league again after the lows of Mourinho and also done well at times in back 3.

Wan Bisaaka also done pretty well considering he's only been a regular at this level for two years. Rashford was basically carrying you in the final third up to xmas. Perhaps Maguire hasn't met expectations given the fee but he's really stood up as a leader in last few weeks, good decision by OGS to give him the captains armband.

Even in the midfield area your win ratio seems to go up when McTominay is around which underlines his importance to your team now. That's before we even get to Bruno Fernandes....

Fred really POTY before all those guys? Generally interested in your opinion there.
I think Fred encapsulates the new attitude of the side. Since really November time, he has constantly turned up and has played almost every game in all competitions, through injury crisis and demanding fixtures, and he just keeps getting better.

He was always hassling and outrunning others in midfield but now he is adding good passing and looks far better on the ball. I thought he was superb on Sunday again and never shirks responsibility even when he isn’t having his best game.

He is awesome and my favourite player at the club right now.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I think Fred encapsulates the new attitude of the side. Since really November time, he has constantly turned up and has played almost every game in all competitions, through injury crisis and demanding fixtures, and he just keeps getting better.

He was always hassling and outrunning others in midfield but now he is adding good passing and looks far better on the ball. I thought he was superb on Sunday again and never shirks responsibility even when he isn’t having his best game.

He is awesome and my favourite player at the club right now.
No I understand that from your fan POV. Luke Shaw not in same category though considering Mourinho was publically humiliating him at certain points? It takes mental strength to bounce back from your own manager constantly calling you out like that.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Paul Dummett is the worst player in the Premier League. Total con man of a PL player who will quietly retire a millionaire and won’t stop giggling at the entire world on how he pulled off such a heist for so long.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho

Mousset - Come on?
Not every team is going to have someone terrible starting regularly for them.

Who would you put in their place that has started over 10 games for those teams?

binary bot
Watched Sidibe at the weekend for Everton and he was awful.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Keita - Liverpool then?

Or Firmino, anonymous recently.
Difficult to say with Liverpool. Actually hasn't Adrian played 10 games now? Chocolate wrists and all that although of course he was only ever signed as cheap back up and no one anticipated he'd play as much as he did this season.

montpelier

Difficult to say with Liverpool. Actually hasn't Adrian played 10 games now? Chocolate wrists and all that although of course he was only ever signed as cheap back up and no one anticipated he'd play as much as he did this season.
Adrian must be close, he played up to the international break at the start. Put him in.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
No I understand that from your fan POV. Luke Shaw not in same category though considering Mourinho was publically humiliating him at certain points? It takes mental strength to bounce back from your own manager constantly calling you out like that.
I don’t think Shaw has been doing it as long as Fred has in a poor side. Shaw coming back has been brilliant but Fred is a machine. He covers so much ground. I just think he has been superb for longer, even when results weren’t forthcoming.

hmchan

Just been watching the Leicester - Villa game and noticed how terrible Villas right back is. He's been at fault for the 3 goals I've seen, and Barnes scored the first who is his opposite number.

Raised a question of who is the worst player in each team that regularly starts for them. Say a minimum of 10 starts as a barometer.

Arsenal - Mustafi
Aston Villa - Guilbert
Bournemouth - Solanke
Brighton - Alzate
Burnley - Lowton
Chelsea - Emerson
Crystal Palace - McCarthy
Everton - Iwobi
Leicester - Choudhury
Liverpool - Lovren
Man City - Otamendi
Man Utd - Lingard
Newcastle - Joelinton
Norwich - Tettey
Sheff Utd - Moussett (No one really deserves this)
Southampton - Adams
Tottenham - Dier
Watford - Mariappa
West Ham - Zabaleta?
Wolves - Saiss
Well...... In fact many of the players you mentioned do not actually start regularly......