Worst referee in the League?

NinjaFletch

Go on, lets have a good moan.

We've had some absolute shockers this season and Atkinson's odd performance last night is just one in a line for me.

I think theres a couple of excellent candidates, and all of them pretty much deserve a mention for one reason or another.

Kag

Atkinson. I have no idea how he gets big game after big game. Whistle-happy, card-happy, attention-seeking moron.

The biggest wanker is without doubt Phil "look at me, I can swear" Dowd.

NinjaFletch

As bad as I think Atkinson is I'm going to throw my hat in with Howard 'I refereed a world cup final once you know' Webb.

Clearly worried by his pro-United reputation and acts like the centre of attention ever since 2010, I think he genuinely believes half the people there are there to watch him referee rather than the game.

Steven Seagull

They all make mistakes but I feel genuine hatred when I see Mike Dean pointing his gangly fecking fingers round. Such an arrogant wanker. I bet he's impossible to talk to.

Ref that wasn't a foul!

Hahahaha yeah of course not you little spec of insignificant spunk!

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Atkinson, by a distance.
As bad as I think Atkinson is I'm going to throw my hat in with Howard 'I refereed a world cup final once you know' Webb.

Clearly worried by his pro-United reputation and acts like the centre of attention ever since 2010, I think he genuinely believes half the people there are there to watch him referee rather than the game.
I hate the way he's always trying to have a laugh and joke with players. Ref the game and stop being a lick-arse, Howard.

alastair

ignorant
The worst ref personality wise is Clattenburg. You just know he's a right prick off the pitch.

The actual worst referee is Taylor.

The majority are good though.

Revan

Assumptionman
Everyone. Well, I like Clattenburg a bit.

I hate Atkinson, especially when we play Chelsea but I think that yesterday he was good.

Mike Dean is the most arrogant prick ever. Never liked Webb, it is a mystery how the hell he was allowed to ref a final of UCL and a final of World Cup. Nationality, eh?

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
Webb gives nothing these days. He's too nice.

Dean although a complete over the top bellend is probably one of the best, he gives everything by the letter of the law and doesn't react to the crowd. He's camp as feck though.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
John Moss or Mike Jones are probably the worst.

Clattenburg and Oliver I consider the best.
Oliver is the best by a mile. I don't know the name of the worst one. He's quite odd looking. Mid 30s.

Liam147

On Probation
Webb has a massive reluctance to dish out red cards. So reluctant to make big decisions and while he's generally good, he can spoil games for trying not to.

Not keen on Mike Dean (hey, that rhymed!). Not totally sure why; think it's cos he's a scouser and probably gives a lot against us.

Atkinson can actually ref really well. People moaned about him letting stuff go but as long as you're consistent and you're not letting blatant fouls go then that's the best thing for the game. But the stuff he pulls against United should be investigated. I'm talking Panorama levels of investigation.

hp88

Mike Dean, probably practices at home in the mirror.

nemanja15

Clattenburg's an idiot but I actually think he's quite a good ref. Atkinson has played it far too safe in big games recently and bottles big decisions. At least some (Dean, Dowd) have the guts to give them.

As for the worst, I'd agree, Anthony Taylor or Kevin Friend.

Best three are Oliver, Clattenburg, Webb; order dependent on recent performances.

MelvinYeo

I'm only here for the post count
Atkinson for me, the number of big games he gets is crazy.

Oliver is the best without a doubt, one of the few refs with common sense.

Marching

Somehow still supports Leeds
Webb makes the game all about him...strutting about thinking he's the dogs bollocks. At Swansea last night he missed two penalties and a headbutt. Useless bigheaded smarmy git!

Silent_Running

Dr. John Hammond
I've worked in coaching with Neil Swarbrick, and I honestly think he's a great referee.

Moriarty

Webb makes the game all about him...strutting about thinking he's the dogs bollocks. At Swansea last night he missed two penalties and a headbutt. Useless bigheaded smarmy git!
He gets my vote too. He's just got to make himself noticed. I miss Roger Kirkpatrick.

Marching

He gets my vote too. He's just got to make himself noticed. I miss Roger Kirkpatrick.

That's a name from the past....good shout. I didn't know he's died :( Back when ref's seemed to have a better relationship with players and actually know what was going on.

Another shocker was Jeff (Bastard) Winter.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
It's easily Atkinson - by quite a distance in my opinion. He's knack for a) making himself the centre of attention b) just guessing shit and c) Being a massive tit, is astounding.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Atkinson - absolutely no time needed to even think about that one. Dean, Mason and Dowd are also worth a mention.

The better ones I think are Oliver and Clattenburg (he's changed my view of him since that shocking Merseyside derby at Goodison during the Benitez era).

Webb is a mixed bag, which makes him better than most, but I've also noticed his reluctance to make decisions in our favour likely due to the pro-United rep he has been given - if he lets things like that affect his game then that's clearly a big failing.

Moriarty

That's a name from the past....good shout. I didn't know he's died :( Back when ref's seemed to have a better relationship with players and actually know what was going on.

Another shocker was Jeff (Bastard) Winter.
Clive (the book) Thomas was another of my pet hates. Sent Best off at Stamford Bridge in 71 for having a pop at Osgood. Kirkpatrick was liked by all as he was always good for a laugh and didn't play any favourites. At Stoke once, Best ran rings round their defence and scored a lovely goal. Kirkpatrick actually applauded Best on the way back to the half-way line. I think there's a YouTube video of it somewhere. Couldn't happen today. It looks like he's feeling Clarke's arse in that photo.

Mad Winger

I can never remember which ref is good or bad. I remember the names, but ultimately forget about their general performance:(

We should have cloned Collina and brought him to England:drool:

Marching

Clive (the book) Thomas was another of my pet hates. Sent Best off at Stamford Bridge in 71 for having a pop at Osgood. Kirkpatrick was liked by all as he was always good for a laugh and didn't play any favourites. At Stoke once, Best ran rings round their defence and scored a lovely goal. Kirkpatrick actually applauded Best on the way back to the half-way line. I think there's a YouTube video of it somewhere. Couldn't happen today. It looks like he's feeling Clarke's arse in that photo.
:lol: He does doesn't he. Probably was.