g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Wot, no transfers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Son Of Sam

I think wages is factor too - I remember last summer there was talk that Woodward wanted players sold before any new ones were brought in.
Woodward has become Gazidis. He’s not interested in seeing the club win the PL. As long as the club finishes in the top 4 and get out of the CL group phase, he’s satisfied. Throw in a meaningless domestic cup into the equation and Woodward is in the 7th heaven.

We finished 20 points behind our rivals and we are yet to make a meaningful signing with 3 weeks to the end of the window. How does he sleep at night knowing he’s failed at the simple task of filling the gaping holes in the squad? Starting the season with Smalling/Jones in the defence is akin to being subjected to a medieval torture.

dove

Woodward has become Gazidis. He’s not interested in seeing the club win the PL. As long as the club finishes in the top 4 and get out of the CL group phase, he’s satisfied. Throw in a meaningless domestic cup into the equation and Woodward is in the 7th heaven.

We finished 20 points behind our rivals and we are yet to make a meaningful signing with 3 weeks to the end of the window. How does he sleep at night knowing he’s failed at the simple task of filling the gaping holes in the squad? Starting the season with Smalling/Jones in the defence is akin to being subjected to a medieval torture.
That's a clear sign you play too much FIFA/FM :lol: We signed 2 players, City 1, Chelsea 1, Spurs 0, Arsenal a few mediocre ones and free agents. Exception is Liverpool but otherwise I would say everyone are struggling to sign players.

rooneyaldo

previously Cardiff, Wales. Now Montreal, Canada
don't want to be a doom merchant but I think we are done this window. The club doesn't want to sell the players Jose wants rid. They would and rightly so get rid of Jose instead of Pogo/Martial and just waiting to sack him and bring in new manager and make sure those two stays.

Josep Dowling

Wish this would stopped being said. I’m not exactly sure what Woodward is expected to do. He’s in charge of finances not football matters.

We have spent between £150-200m in each of the last 4 seasons (or there abouts). How much more does he have to spend? Whether people like it or not we can’t match the spending of City. However we should wise up in the market by now. Juventus and Bayern seem to manage ok on a tighter budget. Juventus have managed to sign loads of top players on free transfers. I always hear they have the monolopy in their country but we have just as might chance to sign the players they get.

It’s the football management side that are not getting enough out the players and getting value for money in the market.

I’d blame the scouting system as they appear to do nothing these days. In part Mourinho for persistently ignoring positions that need players. Most distinctly RW and full backs. And also the players. Let’s not forget we have the biggest wage bill in world football. We are probably 8th in the world right now with the quality of the squad.

Greck

The Sanchez signing couldn't have helped that bloated wage bill. Come to think of it neither could Fellaini's. I'm sure it was made clear to Jose a while ago this was becoming a problem but he has yet to offload the deadwood for whatever reason. The likes of Darmian and Rojo clearly aren't his cup of tea so why are they still here?

The Sanchez signing couldn't have helped that bloated wage bill. Come to think of it neither could Fellaini's. I'm sure it was made clear to Jose a while ago this was becoming a problem but he has yet to offload the deadwood for whatever reason. The likes of Darmian and Rojo clearly aren't his cup of tea so why are they still here?
Rojo signed a new contract last season, certainly to my surprise - I think he’s definitely a Jose man.

No one knows why Darmian is still around, it’s baffling, but am sure he will be off before the window closes.

Jezpeza

Rojo signed a new contract last season, certainly to my surprise - I think he’s definitely a Jose man.

No one knows why Darmian is still around, it’s baffling, but am sure he will be off before the window closes.
Rojo or crocko? Less than 100 appearances in 4 seasons because of injuries. Hope he's on pay as you play.
And Darmian lol. LVG wanted to play darmian and blind as full backs. Watch out for our pace!

Tiber

The clib have finally briefed about a transfer target, but we sure as hell aren't a cb away from the title.

what is left? 2 weeks? scary

Castia

Even if we manage to get Maguire our squad is still incomplete, I can’t believe we’ll start the season without a new right winger.

Dalot, Fred, Maguire (possibly) look really lacklustre to me.

Mister_Stubbs

We’re going to be in a battle for fourth place with it without Maguire. It’s unbelievable how disorganised this football club is.

SSSSnake

Personally I think it's clear we're in for a CB. So I imagine Rojo could be shown the door with Maguire coming in. I think it's a big gamble not getting a RW or cover for Lukaku. Martial and Rashford have proved they aren't reliable enough to take striker position.

I'm praying to the football goods we get at least 2 more players in.

SSSSnake

I see in the news the Napoli boss is flirting with Darmian. Maybe they will take him off our hands soon.

Beagle

That's a clear sign you play too much FIFA/FM :lol: We signed 2 players, City 1, Chelsea 1, Spurs 0, Arsenal a few mediocre ones and free agents. Exception is Liverpool but otherwise I would say everyone are struggling to sign players.
Holes not just from last season, from way before that. It's criminal for United not to have a proper right-footed player with a good reliable cross onthe right wing. If you look back to how we've played for the last decade, our go-to ball is a cross field pass to the right wing. Scholes, Carrick, Rooney and now Pogba are all fond of and efficient in finding that pass. Yet they've only ever been able to find Valencia and Mata over there. We've had good headers of the ball but they've been starved of good crosses for a long time. If we can't change the way we play, especially against teams who sit deep and defend, then we must have a good delivery from the right side. Otherwise we will continue to be as impotent as we have been.

dove

Holes not just from last season, from way before that. It's criminal for United not to have a proper right-footed player with a good reliable cross onthe right wing. If you look back to how we've played for the last decade, our go-to ball is a cross field pass to the right wing. Scholes, Carrick, Rooney and now Pogba are all fond of and efficient in finding that pass. Yet they've only ever been able to find Valencia and Mata over there. We've had good headers of the ball but they've been starved of good crosses for a long time. If we can't change the way we play, especially against teams who sit deep and defend, then we must have a good delivery from the right side. Otherwise we will continue to be as impotent as we have been.
Everyone knows RW is position is dead for years now and it's shocking for a club of our size to not have a single RW in the team. I was just quoting your words "the simple task of filling the gaping holes in the squad" as it's far from simple in reality especially as RW options are very limited in the market. Willian is one of the few attainable options but no one wants him here at Caf.

Litch

Pool of players is very shallow and doesn't matter the size of your bank account if the players aren't available. What makes it's worse is there's soo many fishing in the same pool.

GBBQ

Everyone knows RW is position is dead for years now and it's shocking for a club of our size to not have a single RW in the team. I was just quoting your words "the simple task of filling the gaping holes in the squad" as it's far from simple in reality especially as RW options are very limited in the market. Willian is one of the few attainable options but no one wants him here at Caf.
I don't think many would have Willian as their first choice RW signing but he's a good player and a definite upgrade on what we have. So if we end up with him it will be a welcome addition but in muppet season its just a little underwhelming.

Beagle

Yee that's some other person you're referring to. I agree it may not be a simple task to find a right winger, but it's hard to believe we couldn't have signed a right winger all these years if we really wanted. When we found out that Valencia was not that player and decided to move him to right back, we should have acted then. Mata was okay as a stop gap for a season maybe, but this has dragged on for too long.

And Mata is not too bad an option on the right. But our style of play doesn't fit him well at all. I can just picture him bringing the ball down from one of Pogba's passes with a sublime first touch and then waiting for Valencia to overlap :lol:. Can't wait for the new season.:devil:

Himannv

I'm as concerned as everyone about the lack of signings, but I think we're definitely out there trying to bring in the players that we want. Jose said something like he won't lie and say someone is coming or someone is not coming. That tells me that we're trying to work on a deal or two but nothing is close to being done yet. He said this before the first preseason game.

Good things come to those who wait, so let's see what Ed can come up with for us.

blue blue

Supports
chelsea
It is reported that Barcelona have offered £65m for Willian and Chelsea would rather sell to a foreign league if possible. They have sold some decent players to Man Utd in the past but I don't think they'll be handing out any players this season. That is unless Martial comes into the equation who Chelsea are looking at if they need to replace Hazard. I suspect Willian ,who speaks Spanish, may prefer going to Barcelona. I'm also not sure how he would fancy another period of working with Jose.

If Utd are looking for someone who provides crosses from the right I don't think Willian is your best bet. He's a very energetic player who is better at breaking from midfield. His link up play is good and his dead ball kicking has been very good in the past. For me his main quality is his energy. I have seen him run people off the park. He is on the wane now and if Chelsea can get £65m for him I think they should take it. They have still have Pedro who is a similar type of player.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
Worst Transfer Window of the Decade

Not even any Sneijder or Gaitan links!

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Is RedCafe officially in meltdown?
Only 1 first team in-coming player.
2 games played in pre-season: 1 goal scored, 2 draws.
Yes....I'd say we are in meltdown!

Worst Transfer Window of the Decade

Not even any Sneijder or Gaitan links!
Well, we did revive the Greizmann transfer thread for a few weeks (based on nothing). So I think that kept a lot of us busy.
But once that closed, there wasn't anything else to look forward to.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Wot still no transfers, is this real life?

Wat is this I'm not even sure if I'm left footed or right footed anymore. Absolutely confused. Not angry otherwise I'd be Wayne Rooney.

buckooo1978

this transfer window reminds me of a time I put of booking a holiday until the last minute.....

I ended up in a disappointing place in Benidorm that the missus ended up booking

as Roy said....fail to prepare, prepare to fail

heads need to be rolling in our Scouting/Procurement department

when was the last time our Scouts actually discovered a talented player who had a significant impact?

Vagene

Sounds like deadline day chaos to me.

With lack of rumours/links it seems we are in for a rollercoaster couple of weeks

There’s no way we can go into the new season with pretty much the same as we had last season.. can we? It’ll be madness

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Complete failure to strengthen weaknesses. Complete failure to move out deadwood. It’s honestly a disgrace. If we start the season with Darmian at right back there honestly should be riots, pitch invasions, plane banners etc.

DRM

This is like the summer Moyes took over.

1 signing that year, Fellaini deadline day :D

IrishRedDevil

I'm getting the popcorn in, it will either be a thrilling end or we riot.

When I say riot, what I really mean is my keyboard will get smashed at all the angry replies I'll post from the comfort of my sofa.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Why are the press so obsessed by us selling Martial?
He wants out. Sad situation as I like him but think we should sell of a great offer comes.
The worst case scenario is if the deadline passes and Martial still leaves.

Minimalist

I don't really expect any further signings at this point.

I think if we do make one more it will be a deadline day purchase for over the odds.

Status
Not open for further replies.