Wot, no transfers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
Very surprising that we’ve not strengthened beyond Fred.

Really bizarre. I can only assume the board are trying to force Mourinho out...
There isn't really space in the squad to be adding too many bodies. We have been trying to offload players all summer before buying.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
48 hours now. I'd be beyond surprised if we signed two quality players.

King Kana

Supports
Chelsea
I don't think we are signing anyone either. Not that I'm bothered, Jose's list is utter shite. Nothing but CBs and an obsession with Willian who Chelsea have no intention of selling.

If I were Ed, I'd fine Jose for producing such an utterly shite list.
How do you know what the list is mate? Seriously.

Rockets Redglare

Very surprising that we’ve not strengthened beyond Fred.

Really bizarre. I can only assume the board are trying to force Mourinho out...
I’m guessing Pochettino and Guardiola are on their way out as well as their clubs have signed feck all and next to feck all.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
we bought the guy from the Ukrainian league, some kid who played less then 20 games with porto and some old horse from stoke, surely that's enough.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
You lot are a depressing bunch. Other than Pool - please name one team that has significantly boosted their squad strength and would also be a direct threat to us beyond where they were before this transfer period?

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Why is the narrative always that we are haggling over the fee when we always end up paying over the odds?

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
For the first time I fear we're not signing anyone else

YouOnlyLiveTwice

You lot are a depressing bunch. Other than Pool - please name one team that has significantly boosted their squad strength and would also be a direct threat to us beyond where they were before this transfer period?
Why does it matter what everyone else does? Manchester United is not like other clubs. We are the biggest club in the world, and we should do everything to try and win the title next season.

Besides, Liverpool and City are our two biggest rivals for the title. Liverpool have boosted their squad. City have bought Mahrez to add depth, they couldn't exactly improve on their players unless it's Mbappe/Neymar/Ronaldo.

spiriticon

How do you know what the list is mate? Seriously.
Well just look at the names we're in discussion with this summer: Fred, Dalot, Maguire, Alderweireld, Willian, Boateng, Mina...

They are good, but will they make a difference to increase the overall quality of the squad? Probably not.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
'No value in the market.'

It is now actually the case. The players we're linked with, at the prices quoted, make no sense at all.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
We’re signing a CB, stop worrying it’ll happen. Whether it’ll be a good signing or not remains to be seen.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
There isn't really space in the squad to be adding too many bodies. We have been trying to offload players all summer before buying.
If we didn't overpay some of these players we might have got shot of them, also quibbling over a million here and a million there.

Beaucoup

We’re signing a CB, stop worrying it’ll happen. Whether it’ll be a good signing or not remains to be seen.
I know we all like a transfer, but to be honest, it wouldn’t be a disaster if we didn’t bring a CB in at all.

I’m hoping more for a surprise attacking player.

Judas

Open to offers
Does anyone actually give a feck if we fail to bring in a CB though? I couldn’t care less, RW was one of the biggest issues this summer and it’s totally been ignored.

buckooo1978

46 hours left!

I must admit I really felt we'd tie up a couple of transfers this week but there doesn't seem to be anything happening apart from some brinkmanship with Spurs over Toby

disappointing to say the least....

JoaquinJoaquin

Not the point when we were so far behind City anyways. Manchester United should be the benchmark, not an also ran (which we now are).

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Does anyone actually give a feck if we fail to bring in a CB though? I couldn’t care less, RW was one of the biggest issues this summer and it’s totally been ignored.
There’s no one to go for really though, I’d rather wait personally. What we needed was full backs.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
We may have to get use to the fact clubs are going to demand huge fees from us due to our apparent riches. In a way it’s kind of admirable not to give in to clubs ridiculous demands but at the end of the day it won’t improve the team which is what we need to do. Everyone has to pay over the odds now not just us. It doesn’t help Woodward mouthing off with “we can do things no other clubs can”...”watch this space” etc. when he first got the job. I’m convinced that clown is behind our transfer failings. It’s been insinuated by Jose plenty of times.

Josep Dowling

If we don’t pick up results early on in the season I feel like the Old Trafford crowd will show their anger and frustration over the lack of transfers... and rightly so.

OT crowd are way too lenient in my view.

Moonwalker

We may have to get use to the fact clubs are going to demand huge fees from us due to our apparent riches. In a way it’s kind of admirable not to give in to clubs ridiculous demands but at the end of the day it won’t improve the team which is what we need to do. Everyone has to pay over the odds now not just us. It doesn’t help Woodward mouthing off with “we can do things no other clubs can”...”watch this space” etc. when he first got the job. I’m convinced that clown is behind our transfer failings. It’s been insinuated by Jose plenty of times.
Jose points the finger every which way, eluding only himself in the process. It's been insinuated by everyone and their dogs, plenty of times.

VanGaalyTime

Exactly. It's Woodward's fault to begin with - he's been spouting off about how rich we are - and then refuses to spend an extra 5m on Perisic? Chelsea, City and Liverpool have shown that if you have money the players are available. I'm assuming since we aren't spending, we simply don't have the money that Woodward said we had.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Low captial spent and low transfer spend.

Same old policy since 2005.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
At least the window is 5pm rather than late on.

This way we don't have to stay up F5ing on here
Who can forget having to go to bed 5 years ago not sure if we'd been "fortunate" enough to get the Fellaini paperwork over the line in time!

45 hours to go...

Moonwalker

This whole "full backing" stuff is errant nonsense. If you define it as giving the manager everything he wants, all the time, at whatever price, then no manager in the world has ever had full backing.

Does Guardiola have full backing, since they missed out on Sanchez or Jorginho? If not, surely they should sack him or back him.

Mourinho is some winner if his success is predicated on having a goldfish CEO.

This whole "full backing" stuff is errant nonsense. If you define it as giving the manager everything he wants, all the time, at whatever price, then no manager in the world has ever had full backing.
Someone who speaks sense! I’m surprised people can’t understand this concept - just because we don’t give Jose £200m each year, and buy everyone he wants, doesn’t mean we are not backing him. It also doesn’t mean there is some hidden agenda where the club want to get rid of him.

Woodenlung

When you've a CEO that has openly bragged about being able to do things in the transfer market that other teams can't, it makes zero sense for us to be scrambling around at the last minute trying to sign players.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!

it Doesn’t matter what other teams do it’s the fact we haven't shown any ambition to catch city and now Liverpool I’m certain we will finish behind Liverpool, city and spurs this season. We will be in the dregs with the arsenal rebuild and whatever happens at Chelsea.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
'No value in the market.'

It is now actually the case. The players we're linked with, at the prices quoted, make no sense at all.
That'll happen when you only have 2.5 days left.
Anyone with sense, would ensure you buy your targets early in the transfer window, even if it means paying on the high side.
If you play the brinkmanship game and wait till the last 2 days of the window, you will get absolutely fleeced.

ravi2

Even if we sign a CB , its not enough to compete with City over the course of a season.
We havent done enough to challenge them, or to challenge for the Champions League title

We'll be fighting for 4th place as it stands.

Status
Not open for further replies.