Would a world-class defender be the best attacker in the Conference? Would a world-class attacker be the best defender in the Conference?

BetRed

How did you find him as a coach? Great example though because, though not a defender, he was world class

Decent at that level. Obviously we looked up to him a lot and this was just a couple of years after he quit. I've known him since I was a kid so have a different relationship. We're both from the same club. Tactically he was on a different level than most could understand and he was probably not interested enough to change "his way of seeing things" to that level.

Ole's screen

Supports
KC Chiefs
But could he do it on a cold Tuesday night in Stoke?
You joke, but the difference in level between Stoke (when they were in the PL) and Messi is probably quite a bit smaller than the difference between Stoke and non league. I remember there was an NBA player that had the reputation of not being the most skillful so he challenged random people to play against him 1 on 1. Those random people included American college players (so pretty high skill level themselves) and this guy absolutely tore them apart. His statement was "I'm closer to Lebron than you are to me".

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
You joke, but the difference in level between Stoke (when they were in the PL) and Messi is probably quite a bit smaller than the difference between Stoke and non league. I remember there was an NBA player that had the reputation of not being the most skillful so he challenged random people to play against him 1 on 1. Those random people included American college players (so pretty high skill level themselves) and this guy absolutely tore them apart. His statement was "I'm closer to Lebron than you are to me".
You're talking about the White Mamba, Brian Scalabrine.

Ixion

Check out Smalling's first effort here

There are Sunday league players that would make better strikers.