Would be a miracle to finish top four: Mourinho

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
If he truly believes no one is bigger than the club then maybe he needs to the right thing and stop making a fool of our club. Sure those above him have blame too and I honestly didn't feel Mou went off the deep end entirely until this season, but if anything is left to be saved (I. E. We can still hope ft a CL miracle) - then we need the energy only a new manager can bring. I do truly think Mou wanted this to work but sometimes you just fail and move in. He s not helping himself our us.

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
Nope, not necessary at all. Just exasperated that he's still the manager when he's been dragging us through the mud. Nothing personal against him and I wouldnt give a feck about what he does or how well he does once he's gone.
How I wish to see a plane over OT with a banner saying "All we need is love".

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Needs sacking, but the rot doesn't end with the manager. Anyone who thinks so is in cuckoo land.
Let’s get a manager in that wants to play the modern way with good football. Whoever is still stinking up the place after that needs cutting. No more excuses.

Posh Red

He’s really teasing the board. He knows they can’t sack him on the cheap until it’s mathematially impossible, but he’s openly saying its going to happen anyway.

FlapR

Definitely wants the sack. I wonder if there's a similar clause from when he mostly recently left Chelsea where he gets a pay out and then effectively a wage as long as he's not in another job.

Red_Aaron

I understand why the board wouldn't want to pay him off tbh I'm starting to get on board with the idea of him purposely fckin us over now so why should we give him literally millions for such a shithouse job

Can't we gardening leave his ass? I'd rather give him his money over the length of his contact and stop him from working than pay him off and see him rock up at another club.

Italian clubs do it all the time but you don't see it over here

kode

so if himself he doesnt believe why do we keep him, lets sack him and get the rebuild start now

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I understand why the board wouldn't want to pay him off tbh I'm starting to get on board with the idea of him purposely fckin us over now so why should we give him literally millions for such a shithouse job

Can't we gardening leave his ass? I'd rather give him his money over the length of his contact and stop him from working than pay him off and see him rock up at another club.

Surely someone knows the answer but there is a chance that his role within the club is precisely defined otherwise it would be easy to tell him to sit somewhere in Carrington while Mckenna and Carrick takeover until the end of the season with Scholes.:D

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Imagine being a player under him and hearing nothing but how you are all not good enough to get to the top of the league, let alone win it.
Sure, you can call that man management. But you can equally sure find entire books on how this is the worst sort of man management.

Bobski

All those years of sniping at Wenger when he was trying to keep Arsenal semi competitive as they were building a new stadium and losing their best players every Summer, and now this.

AlecHDR

Angry, incoherent heterosexual slob
If we don't want to sack him, surely we can redefine his duties? Can he make tea? If he doesn't like it, he can forego the compensation and quit.

We can bring in another manager to do the management bit that he is failing so badly at.

IrishRedDevil

How can he stay after coming out with such comments?

I can just imagine me calling my boss tomorrow and telling him that a miracle would be required if I am to complete my next 6 month project to a low 4th place standard. I would be shown the door immediately for such a defeatist and complacent attitude.

vidic blood & sand

Mourinho has had enough of the premier league I'm certain. He's desperate to leave, and we're desperate for him to leave.
I reckon Mendez is telling him to hold out for a payoff, and Inter are waiting.

Infra-red

He's right. I said the same thing myself at the weekend. We'll do very well to finish 5th, never mind top 4 (we're on course to miss out by 20+ points).

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
It's better to walk out. Everyone in the stadium to walk out in protest leaving it empty . Trust me empty sseats will not be ignored
Do you go to the home matches often?

Fridge chutney

Bah we’re supposedly the richest club in the world, we can more than afford it.
We can definitely afford it. Paying off Mourinho would likely cost about as much as Dalot cost.

I think Woody will wait until he can fire Mourinho without the payoff though.

Fridge chutney

Imagine being a player under him and hearing nothing but how you are all not good enough to get to the top of the league, let alone win it.
Sure, you can call that man management. But you can equally sure find entire books on how this is the worst sort of man management.
Exactly. It's cringeworthy and cowardly bollocks.

Fridge chutney

How can he stay after coming out with such comments?

I can just imagine me calling my boss tomorrow and telling him that a miracle would be required if I am to complete my next 6 month project to a low 4th place standard. I would be shown the door immediately for such a defeatist and complacent attitude.
But would you expect 3 years of compensation as you're sent packing?

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
He's exaggerating with 'miracle' but at 6/1 with the bookies he's not far off. He shouldn't be saying it though.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
He must believe in miracles because he still has a fecking job.

hobbers

Thing is, as much as I think Woodward is an incompetent feckwit and Jose has to go. If I'm Woodward and sick of Jose's self destructive antics I wouldn't be sacking him and giving him that big payoff. I wouldn't be signing any players he wants. I'd be waiting for him to drag the club out of the top four to sack him cheaply.

Of course if we're talking about what's in the clubs best interests it's obviously better to get the next manager properly assessed and lined up. Get rid of Jose regardless of expense. Get the new manager in and get after their transfer targets starting in January.

We're going to end up wasting next season as well just trying to claw our way back from this catastrophe of a squad. Will probably take years to get rid of Lukaku, and Matic will end up running down his contract. So will Young if he's given a new deal.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Would be a mircale to stay in the football league by 2022.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.

I was wondering about this as well.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
If we don't want to sack him, surely we can redefine his duties? Can he make tea? If he doesn't like it, he can forego the compensation and quit.

We can bring in another manager to do the management bit that he is failing so badly at.
Wouldn't trust him to make the bloody tea. He might poison it.

Send him to clean the toilets at the Lowry. That way we can get a discount when the lads stay there before matches.

Yagami

Good post resistant
At this point he should just come out and say "my squad is shit"

Yagami

Good post resistant
& people wonder why the likes of Martial and Shaw aren't putting in consistent performances. Not only do we have 0 game plan, he's called them and everyone else shit on multiple occasions.

Chillosophy

A loss wednesday coupled with these comments should surely be enough for the sack? Despite all this shite of it costing us 14 milion not waiting til top 4 is mathematically impossible...

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
I don't think his tone of voice comes from someone who wants the sack.

Born2Lose

Different day but the same crap from Mourinho.

If he really believes the club can't get top 4 why doesn't he do the honorable thing and resign.

No wonder his wife stayed in London, she must be dreading the days he gets fired and he's back at home with her.

RAVred

Cant have a manager publicly acting like this, though I dont think hes the problem they need to change managers at the very least in the summer. Try to get tuchel (if theirs falling outs at PSG which is very possible, he'd be my number 1), Simeone, Allegri or Poch.

Handing over to a new manager right now wouldnt be fair on the new manager and would hamper the quality available

Seven Seas Sardines

I second this. Let him train U18s and see how he likes it.