Would be a miracle to finish top four: Mourinho

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Sounds like he never used the word miracle

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
He said in press conference that it is not a miraculous task to finish top 4. This thread can still continue though with suggestions that he is asking for sack.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He did, he said "quase um milagre".
I think he said "i don't remember using it, we don't need miracle, we need good run of form" in press conference. Maybe he forgot the exact word he used in the interview.

Paul_Scholes18

They still had quality players, we don't.
Our squad is very similar to his last Chelsea squad. He did even worse with them in the league and then they won the league under Conte.

You can say we got no Hazard and that might be fair. Martial,Rashford, Lingard and Sanchez (past his best, but could do better) got quality though and Chelsea didn't have a midfielder anywhere close to the level of Pogba.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Don't tell that to his worshipers. He is the only one who wants the best for the club. Rest all are mercenaries.
His worshippers should want him out of the club, after all he's gaining nothing here except from tarnishing his cred even more. Everyone should want him out for various reasons

C'mon FC

Supports
1. FC Köln
We could still win the champions league at that time.
Judging the Juve game. If Juventus would have been a bit more focused/effective with them chance it would be 3/4:0 after 60 mins.

I simply can't see Utd advancing in 2 legs over a team like Barca, Paris, City and even Real this season.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
So he's clarified with what he means. Why is this thread still ongoing, or at the very least, had a title change?

BalanceUnAutreJoint

There's no longer any rationality left regarding Mourinho and what he's done or hasn't done for the club
He managed to vastly outperform last season with the squad he was given, a 2nd place finish ahead of CL finalists Liverpool,Tottenham,Chelsea and Arsenal is nothing to laugh at, It's our best finish since 2013.
After that he admitted it would be hard to reproduce a such feat and asked for the club to back him up with his targets, the club did not back him up.

Yes he is currently failing but It's not all on him, this squad is not good enough to challenge for a major title, It's not better than Arsenal's,Chelsea's or Liverpool's let alone City

This is very much a 5th/6th place lvl squad.

GiddyUp

Our squad is very similar to his last Chelsea squad. He did even worse with them in the league and then they won the league under Conte.

You can say we got no Hazard and that might be fair. Martial,Rashford, Lingard and Sanchez (past his best, but could do better) got quality though and Chelsea didn't have a midfielder anywhere close to the level of Pogba.
It's the only positive I see right now but we have 6 or 7 players who've been gash for 3 managers now. They will have to be cleared out soon yet we lack the ruthlessness of Chelsea when dealing with them. Valencia and Young are getting contract extensions and I bet Lingard will be getting a bigger contract then Harry Kane, Ed is a businessman not a football man and in no way would a DoF allow a player like Young to be on that money when our right wing is vacant. This should be a top priority after getting rid of Mourinho. Unfortunately it won't be.

UncleBob

There's no longer any rationality left regarding Mourinho and what he's done or hasn't done for the club
He managed to vastly outperform last season with the squad he was given, a 2nd place finish ahead of CL finalists Liverpool,Tottenham,Chelsea and Arsenal is nothing to laugh at, It's our best finish since 2013.
After that he admitted it would be hard to reproduce a such feat and asked for the club to back him up with his targets, the club did not back him up.

Yes he is currently failing but It's not all on him, this squad is not good enough to challenge for a major title, It's not better than Arsenal's,Chelsea's or Liverpool's let alone City

This is very much a 5th/6th place lvl squad.
Last summer he was talking about the squad being ready to compete for the title, now it's suddenly a 5th/6th place level squad, even after adding Alexis Sanchez to it, mint.

Janson

I think you're overrating our players. Chelsea players downed tools, it's not like they didn't have the quality.