Would Jones be the best CB in the league if he wasn’t made of glass?

Would Jones be the best CB in the league?

• Total voters

davidmichael

A consistently fit Jones at his best is probably the best centre back England have but he still wouldn’t be the best at our club as I think Bailly is better and looking around at other clubs I’d say Azpilicueta, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Van Dijk and Kompany just off the top of my head.

Ace of Spades

Not sure, I remember when he first arrived he was rapid and could not be outpaced as he is now. He used to have great recovery. He was also very good on the ball, he used to dribble the ball and make some runs into the opponent's half even, but then injuries kept piling up.

SteveW

No. But there's a good chance he would be one of the best. It was considered a huge coup when we signed him and he looked very impressive in the early days. Even over the past few years he's been pretty good when he's had a run of games. It just hasn't happened often enough.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
He doesn't have the intelligence to be one of the best. Often caught out by bad decisions which leads him to make last ditch challenges (which look impressive when they work).

Nikelesh Reddy

He could have been a very good,solid Premierleague defender but definitely not the best in the league...His positioning and his ability on the ball isn’t good enough to be the best in the league...

trezeguet

Supports
Spartak Trnava
No. He is a bit agricultural type of defender. Not that technically poor as Maguire but still no Varane, or Van Dijk. But agree, if he was fit and there would be a quality team around him Jones would be winning titles.

stevoc

Jesus no, without the constant injuries he would have developed quite a bit by now. But thats about it, he would be a good, solid if not spectacular defender.

SouthPredators4

Terrible footballer. Brainless and lack the basic technique. Something that is common in the old England setup where they favours athletes over footballers.