Would you choose a win against Brighton in the league or the FA cup now?

Sir Erik ten Hag

Title is self-explained.

We are due 2 matches against them in the remaining time of the season. Would you prefer to choose an FA Cup final ticket, or consolidate our top 4 further?

Tarrou

FA Cup

we're 14/1 on for top four so I'd take one loss now for the chance of another trophy

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Fa cup. Though I'd rather lose in the semis to them than in the final to city.

We will likely finish top 4 with 6+ points even with losing to both Brighton and Spurs (and West Ham). Hell, just with 10 points in the last 8 games, we are most likely fine.

shabadu84

Mint? Berry?
We're looking pretty safe for top 4 after this weekend's results. Beat Brighton in the FA Cup and we have an immediate chance for another trophy in ten Hag's first season with the added incentive of disrupting a potential City treble. Give me that all day.

croadyman

We're looking pretty safe for top 4 after this weekend's results. Beat Brighton in the FA Cup and we have an immediate chance for another trophy in ten Hag's first season with the added incentive of disrupting a potential City treble. Give me that all day.
Win next Sunday but not looking any further because will be tempting fate too much

DevilsOwn

If, we can win only one, then for me it has to be in the league.

While winning the FA Cup would be brilliant; this year there is nothing more paramount than ensuring a Top-4.
And with the injuries literally piling up - we have to prioritise the league over anything else.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
Forest held them to a draw just a couple months back.

It’s one game at a neutral ground, you have to take that chance.
You make a good point. Perhaps I was being too pessimistic.
I agree the allure of a cup final on neutral ground should hopefully mean we fight till the end. Rashford should be fit at least.

RkkMan

FA Cup 100%. Anything that brings us closer to a trophy is better than a top 4 finish which is almost certain even if we drop points to Brighton in the league
Really really hate this defiant attitude I see from CAF members about how it's "City's to lose"
In one off Cup Finals all bets are off and it's anyone's to win depending on who wants it more. We beat them without Licha at OT we can do it again and I'd much rather try stopping them from winning a treble than not try/not show up at all due to fear

gajender

FA Cup 100%. Anything that brings us closer to a trophy is better than a top 4 finish which is almost certain even if we drop points to Brighton in the league
Really really hate this defiant attitude I see from CAF members about how it's "City's to lose"
In one off Cup Finals all bets are off and it's anyone's to win depending on who wants it more. We beat them without Licha at OT we can do it again and I'd much rather try stopping them from winning a treble than not try/not show up at all due to fear
There is nothing defiant about this attitude it's actually other way round it's fecking defeatist and it's really frustrating , it's one thing to be realistic but being completely pessimistic and having no hope for the Club you support its just embarrassing .

I’m loving my life

Jesus

We actually already beat City this season

It’s a one off game. Anything can happen. On a neutral venue I’d make it a 30-70 chance for us which is not game over.

Rustyspider13

FA Cup, easy choice. A shot at silverware always takes priority. Especially for a team that has won so little in recent years. We need to get back to the habit of making finals and then winning them.

Red Rash

Top four is more important. Based on the current league table we seem to be in a pretty good position.

With Newcastle Vs Tottenham happening next weekend, if Newcastle win or draw I'd say FA Cup as I think Tottenham are the most likely team to break into top four.

Otherwise I might just say league. I'm a little worried about the league still as we have problems scoring goals and with the number of injuries we currently have a few of our remaining games could be more difficult than we expect.

Thiagoal

What am I reading here? People would genuinely give up on winning the FA Cup just for three extra league points??

I’m beginning to wonder what the point of football is if it isn’t to win competitions. I’d rather finish 5th and win major silverware than play for the 4th place trophy every season!

fergiewherearethou

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I would certainly choose a semi-final win, even if City are huge favorites in the final, it does not matter, it's a final and the cup is always an important trophy, if we have a chance why not take it. We lost games in the PL before and we are still third , so a loss vs Brighton in the PL is not decisive.
Also there are bigger chances to beat them at Wembley than at Amex.

BelfastRed2021

So much pessimism as usual if Wigan can beat Man City in a cup final so can we but of course Brighton will not be a push over but the answer to the question is i cant and will not want us to ever lose any game.

Alemar

League. The FA Cup is City's to lose. I can't see how we'd contain them
We can’t beat them over the course of the season yet, but in a particular stand alone game we of course can beat them, and I would think have at least 40% probability to do so.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Has to be the cup, but then we have to win it. Getting beaten by city in a cup final would be horrific.

JustAGuest

Cup is more important since we already have a comfortable lead for top 4.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
FA cup, win Europa league as well and get a treble of our own, also top 4 won’t matter as we will gain entry from the Europa League.
Still think we are fine for top 4 in the league as well, no one seems to be winning enough to challenge ourselves and Newcastle. Saying that though, Brighton and Villa are looking very good this season and could cause a few more upsets.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Of course the cup. We should be going for every trophy we can win.

justsomebloke

I'd say the FA Cup given we should be able to get 3rd in the PL anyway, but without being overly pessimistic, I'm not sure I fancy the opportunity to be demolished by City at Wembley as the last thing to happen this season. Although this is admittedly a self-defeating line of reasoning.

I guess we'll see against Brighton how much the players want that opportunity.

Oranges038

I don’t see any reason not to win both
Dead right.

Brighton for all their good football do concede chances, Brentford scored 3 without too much effort. Chelsea were shite and got a bit of luck for their goal but still had 2 or 3 great chances to score, hit the post and Sanchez made 2 good blocks.

Strats

As things are standing right now; FA Cup. Would be a fantastic feat to claim two trophies this season.

I’d be happy with a draw against them in the league. Desperate to see us in the champions league next season though.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
FA Cup.

I don't think anyone can stop City now, but if EtH was the guy to stop their treble that would resonate with the fans and strengthen that bond further.

Especially if it was fuel for an even better crack at the league next season...

Lights Out

FA Cup.

We have a cushion in the league that could withstand a couple of defeats.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Easily FA Cup - we can afford to lose 2 or 3 games in the league and still make top four - so the Prem game vs them can be one of them.