Would you choose a win against Brighton in the league or the FA cup now?

Betson

FA cup , so close to a another trophy which is the business we should be in , lose Sunday and that is over.

We have leeway in the league to drop pts and still get top 4.

cyril C

Here we go again. FA is important, even if we are down to 12 men fit to play. Fa is important even if we are playing 50 games a season.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
League. The FA Cup is City's to lose. I can't see how we'd contain them
They'd be favorites against literally any side but if we'd hypothetically have Shaw, Varane and Rashford back by the final we'd be a pretty formidable side.

Member 125398

Is choosing one thing over the other the new who is better?

KeanoMagicHat

Shaking my head at anyone who says anything other than choosing the FA Cup win. We're not Spurs. Try to win every trophy you can.

JB7

They'd be favorites against literally any side but if we'd hypothetically have Shaw, Varane and Rashford back by the final we'd be a pretty formidable side.
People acting like we didn't beat them last time we played them ffs.

Zetrio2002

No one cares about a league win anymore since top 4 is more or less confirmed. The only thing people want is more trophies at this time, even a charity shield.

JB7

No one cares about a league win anymore since top 4 is more or less confirmed. The only thing people want is more trophies at this time, even a charity shield.
Tell that to the 3k travelling fans. Weird attitude.

Todd

I'll take the F.A. Cup win. Brighton aren't catching anyone for top 4 anyway, so let them have the league win. We just need to beat Spurs.

Dan_F

I mean if we really need to choose, it’s obviously the FA Cup.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
League. FA Cup doesn't really matter to me. No prime-years world class player is coming to a club without UCL. Try telling FdJ that we have the FA Cup and see what he says.

Man-United

Hard to see us win the FA Cup game as we got Sevilla 3 days earlier away from home also, might need a lot of rotation against a class Brighton side.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
FA Cup, easily. We're on track for top four even if we lose to Brighton.

Adebisi's Hat

Supports
who do you feckin think ?
I might have gave a different answer last week but now its definitely the FA Cup game. I think we will drop some points in the league run in for sure but so will all the others.

acnumber9

League. FA Cup doesn't really matter to me. No prime-years world class player is coming to a club without UCL. Try telling FdJ that we have the FA Cup and see what he says.
Was that the guy knocked out of the Europa League by United?

SER19

Don't really care. Bundling to top 4 with 60 something points or getting battered by city at Wembley aren't anything to care about

sirAlexsglasses

League and miss out on the FA cup , rationale is after Sevilla with even more injuries I don’t trust this set of bottlers. And for the same rationale I can not see us beating City.

Salfordlad70

The league game if I had to choose between the both, but I don’t think this team will cope with Brighton in either game. The next 4 league games are not gonna be fun. Spurs, Brighton and Villa at home in the form we are in could all be losses.

Skills

Snitch
I don't want to see City put 7 past us in an FA cup final. I'll take the league win and throw the semi final.

lsd

The Oracle
Even if we lift ourselves and beat Brighton we will then go to Wembley to face City with this backline?

It's not exactly a pleasant thought

Chief123

I absolutely can’t wait for Brighton’s high press against De Ge and Lindelof. Thank god Maguire is not going to be there!

Brighton are going to eat us alive in midfield. We are going to get mauled.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
We can't lose our Champions League spot, we just can't.

They're going to tonk us at the weekend anyway so we'd better be up for a league game because it's the most important thing.

Theonas

Scout
Why are we suddenly making Brighton look like they're peak Barcelona. They are below us in the league aren't they? People overhype them because no one expects anything from Brighton so when they're performing relatively well for their stature, suddenly everyone goes overboard. They are not mauling anyone, if they were, they'd be higher up the table. We should beat them and if we don't, it will be because we underperform.

lsd

The Oracle
Why are we suddenly making Brighton look like they're peak Barcelona. They are below us in the league aren't they? People overhype them because no one expects anything from Brighton so when they're performing relatively well for their stature, suddenly everyone goes overboard. They are not mauling anyone, if they were, they'd be higher up the table. We should beat them and if we don't, it will be because we underperform.

Perhaps because we have watched then recently then we have watched us.

We have every reason to be worried.

There are a lot of teams below us who would easily beat us if we perform like tonight

Theonas

Scout
Perhaps because we have watched then recently then we have watched us.

We have every reason to be worried.

There are a lot of teams below us who would easily beat us if we perform like tonight
Yes that's the key line. Tonight was an underperformance, if it was the norm, we'd be fighting relegation. Over the season though, we are a better team than Brighton with better individuals. Whether we show it or not is another question.