Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll added)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack

• Keep

Results are only viewable after voting.

OrcaFat

We can sum up your post in the same way.

Couldn't we sum up your post in the same way.

Solskjaer good. Solskjaer stay. Ignore 24% win rate.
Well I didn’t say he was good. I just said I’m happy he’s staying. The point being that it is difficult to rationally conclude whether he is good or bad based on the evidence so far (although many posters go to great lengths to prove the opposite which does make me chuckle). I don’t have the answers but I like Ole and I like the way he goes about things.

John Blund

Still in.

We ran over Norwich, which beat City and almost held Chelsea to a draw. Yesterday Arsenal played draw against CP, and they probably didn't deserve more. We lost against CP at home, and we got robbed.
We have lost points due to a lack of good finishing and personal errors (both in defense and in missing several penalties).
My biggest worry has been the lack of chances created. We've looked clueless in many games. Yesterday we looked better. Hopefully, we'll get momentum now with Martial back in the team.
I'm not sure Ole is the right man for us in two years' time, but building for the future, I don't see anyone coming in with his patience.

Alabaster Codify7

Garner has looked quite terrible whenever I've seen him.

Just another in a long line of massively overhyped championship midfielders we've produced.

NONE of our youngsters are remotely ready to impact our season this season. Axel might be but even that's a stretch, certainly he's not going to impact it enough o ensure we finish in the top 4-6.

There is also no guarantee they are ever going to be ready in general. Football is filled with stories of 'wasted potential' and academy players who have been hyped up only to end in League 1 two years later.

Ole needs to stop parroting this sentimental bullshit and focus entirely on improving the starting 11 with better coaching and a couple of signings if his master allows that, of course.

The youngsters are getting game-time where they can.

Kag

This remains a fruitless conversation. The club has nailed their colours to the mast; Ole is their man for the mid-to-long term and he’s going to be given time. Which I like.

The club must buy well, though. Within the next few transfer windows we shouldn’t be in a position in which the likes of Lingard, Pereira and Young are playing in the first team like they have been this season.

Ole knows what a Manchester United squad should look like. The club needs to help him make it happen.

lysglimt

We can sum up your post in the same way.

Couldn't we sum up your post in the same way.

Solskjaer good. Solskjaer stay. Ignore 24% win rate.
Explain to me why you leave out the first games we played under OGS ? Or even the game we won yesterday.

Alabaster Codify7

This remains a fruitless conversation. The club has nailed their colours to the mast; Ole is their man for the mid-to-long term and he’s going to be given time. Which I like.

The club must buy well, though. Within the next few transfer windows we shouldn’t be in a position in which the likes of Lingard, Pereira and Young are playing in the first team like they have been this season.

Ole knows what a Manchester United squad should look like. The club needs to help him make it happen.

Well, he knows what a United squad looks like from 1999 as a player. Whether that has translated to his view as a manager is anyone's guess, especially given his experience of a good squad as a manager is limited to Molde and Cardiff City.

midnightmare

NONE of our youngsters are remotely ready to impact our season this season. Axel might be but even that's a stretch, certainly he's not going to impact it enough o ensure we finish in the top 4-6.

There is also no guarantee they are ever going to be ready in general. Football is filled with stories of 'wasted potential' and academy players who have been hyped up only to end in League 1 two years later.

Ole needs to stop parroting this sentimental bullshit and focus entirely on improving the starting 11 with better coaching and a couple of signings if his master allows that, of course.

The youngsters are getting game-time where they can.
Depends on what you defined as a "youngster". Arguably, McTominay has been one of our standout players this season; he's a youngster in most people's books. Rashford is hardly a grizzled warrior either. James and AWB have been bright spots and are young too. On the Academy lads alone, I'd say Axel is not just ready to impact the season, but probably in a good place to end the season ahead of Lindelof if he stays fit (based on his showings when he's played). Williams has looked good when he's got the chance and again, should end the season ahead of at least Young for LB. Obviously, it's too early to comment on Garner or others.

Now, none of these may end up in a Top10 list over their careers, but to say that "none of our youngsters" is "remotely ready to impact our season" is (to my mind) unfair and excessively negative.

Agree that we should improve the first 11 etc. etc. and that coaching could be better (I voted to sack, myself), but had to call this out...

Yakuza_devils

As bad as LVG, Moyes and Jose were they never make man utd bottom half table team. It's embarrassing that man utd can drop this low after SAF.

Ole need to go no ifs and buts. Ed need to feck off from football decison and appoint a proper DOF for total revamp of the football structure of the club.

We need to do something real fast!

AC1689

It’s outrageous that the results keep fluctuating so much. Are people that fickle and daft that they can’t just stick to one option? Do people think a win against mediocre opposition should change sack to keep? Do people think one loss against weak opposition should change keep to sack?!

It actually begs belief.

Lemansky

I love Ole. I like what the club is trying to do when it comes to player infrastructure, but for me this level is way to high for him. Manchester United will mainly play teams that is sitting back, after all this time the team have shown zero progress in games like this. And these are the games that define a season.

Cypherage

I was all for backing Ole, he has got the right idea's but as time goes on, I am starting to lean more to the letting him go spectrum of thing's, but then, even if Ole was to depart, we are still stuck with a lot of average or poor quality players, so it's a difficult situation all around, because there are a few players in the first team that really should be sold in the coming windows, but it's finding the right players to replace them.
For me the thing that has shown mostly since he has taken over is how spineless the team appears to be, I know Ole wants to keep it positive but there comes a point where you have to be mean.

JoaquinJoaquin

As bad as LVG, Moyes and Jose were they never make man utd bottom half table team. It's embarrassing that man utd can drop this low after SAF.

Ole need to go no ifs and buts. Ed need to feck off from football decison and appoint a proper DOF for total revamp of the football structure of the club.

We need to do something real fast!
Ole being a yes man hindered our team this past summer. If he had anything about him and stood up to Woodward and the Glazers we could of had the midfield and attacking reinforcements we needed.

RedDevilRoshi

Changed my vote to sack now. The job is just way too big for him. It’s these lesser teams that we are struggling to tuck away.

dove

It’s outrageous that the results keep fluctuating so much. Are people that fickle and daft that they can’t just stick to one option? Do people think a win against mediocre opposition should change sack to keep? Do people think one loss against weak opposition should change keep to sack?!

It actually begs belief.
Yes. Have you seen the euphoria after we beat Norwich? They were so happy to have "proven" the ones who want Ole out wrong, they truly believed Ole turned the corner and we got a few more classic threads created. They are deluded or just hate United.

Roboc7

We play like a midtable team and have a midtable manager (if that). Our results will be up and down all season.

Biggest fear with Ole is he will just do enough to scrape through all season and Woodward is so desperate he’ll stick with him. There either needs to be huge improvement or it needs to crash and burn so club has to do something. I suspect the latter but hope for the former.

BluesJr

Mind blowing results in that poll. Shows you how little the majority on here know about football. Has to be sacked.

Foxbatt

He has to be sacked now. What is the reason for keeping him? If he is an old boy we might as well make Albert the manager? He has been a kit man for a very long time.

dove

He has to be sacked now. What is the reason for keeping him? If he is an old boy we might as well make Albert the manager? He has been a kit man for a very long time.
Well, he certainly knows United DNA so must be top of the candidates list.

Judas

Open to offers
Weird to see people changing their vote to sack now, we've seen this exact game so many times from Ole and this team. There's nothing new, we've been like this for so many months.

SAFMUTD

It’s incredible he’s last this long with those results really, I mean what has to happen for him to be sacked?

We play shitty brainless tacticless football, we don't create chances and we have showned zero improvement.

I don’t see any good reason for us to waste more time with him, it’s clear he won’t turn this over.

Greck

It actually begs belief.
Yes and even worse these are the people our board wait on before pulling a plug on failing managers. Not having football men in charge has been brutal on the club.

INeedAbsynthe

Supports
Liverpool
I honestly don’t understand how anybody can think he is the right man for the job. His record as a manager speaks for itself and I’m not even sure if he could succeed in league 1.

I know it’s the dream to have a former great player come back and to be a big success as a manager but you’ve really got to put the sentiment aside sometimes.

vidic blood & sand

Because our midfield is so crap, I'd hang on to ole until the end of next season. He's had a good chance to progress with our current squad, but the squad isn't good enough. Let's give him a chance to sign the right players in the transfer window, and see where he goes with it.

Yakuza_devils

Because our midfield is so crap, I'd hang on to ole until the end of next season. He's had a good chance to progress with our current squad, but the squad isn't good enough. Let's give him a chance to sign the right players in the transfer window, and see where he goes with it.
God bless you!

Honestly, this is based on what exactly? His excellent track record in football management? His special brand of football?

Mainoldo

I like the fact that you still don’t think it’s him.

momo83

You do realise our midfield is crap because of him? He decided to get rid of Fellaini, yet had no one to replace him. Herrera left and he didn’t replace him.

Andycoleno9

50% people still think that he is good enough? We deserve this shit then. I will change my vote for keep. Playing in Championship will be fun. More games, more fun, more everything.

Greck

"Failing manager. Let's give him 18 more months to see what happens". This isn't a lab experiment, he should only get that time if he's done enough to be given the benefit of the doubt.

Edy2

Weird to see people changing their vote to sack now, we've seen this exact game so many times from Ole and this team. There's nothing new, we've been like this for so many months.
People want him to succeed so badly they close their eyes to reality a bit. I was one. In my opinion it can't be ignored any longer. The season is in danger of fizzling out by Christmas if he's kept in place.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
People want him to succeed so badly they close their eyes to reality a bit. I was one. In my opinion it can't be ignored any longer. The season is in danger of fizzling out by Christmas if he's kept in place.
The season is already dead.

hobbers

He's one of the worst managers in top flight football in Europe. And we'll always play garbage, spineless, impotent football with no attack or creativity while he's here.

el3mel

He won't leave. We'll pick few wins against relegation fodders like Norwich or Watford, defend for our lives in big games while getting decent results, while fecking up against midtable clubs more often than not, but those wins will pay him time and we'll end the season 7th or 8th. I guess that's when he'll be gone.

Joseunited

What scares me is that he thinks he's stearing us in the right direction.He'll stay, no doubt about that but for me, he needs to go.The football is dire.

FlapR

No point getting rid now. Wait until the end the season and get Poch/Howe/Anyone.