Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

troylocker

Please stop making incredibly wild and inaccurate statements about my support. United could be playing in the conference and my support would remain the same. When your argument descends into accusing other supporters to be lesser fans than yourself it diminishes any point you were making and makes you seem like a top red.

I'm glad you feel like you can enjoy and watch your team again the difference is I have continued to watch through these barren years and have watched as the board have actively lowered the standards and expectations. Once you hit the heights we hit you do not except anything less. Ffs in 2005 there was genuine talk of getting rid of SAF due to a few barren years, yet now we are talking about giving a manager that appears well out of his depth as much time as he wants to stamp his authority on the squad. While he might not have all the 25 players he wants long term we should be seeing more than the occasional good counter attacking display against a big team after 12 months in charge. Like it or not we are statistically worse off now than last year.
- The out of his depth part is your opinion and not factual though.

- Apart from a one point lower point tally and scoring 3 less goals, all statistics are saying that we are performing better than last season (under Jose). We conceded 9 more goals, allowed more chances and created less chances under Jose last season than we have this season. We are also playing a much younger squad, we have shipped out more than we have brought in, more players are coming in, the players and board seems to be behind the manager, in my opinion we are showing progress and the performance arrow looks to point upwards. It did not look like that mid December last year. I think the near and distant future looks brighter now than it has the last 6 years.

b82REZ

- The out of his depth part is your opinion and not factual though.

- Apart from a one point lower point tally and scoring 3 less goals, all statistics are saying that we are performing better than last season (under Jose). We conceded 9 more goals, allowed more chances and created less chances under Jose last season than we have this season. We are also playing a much younger squad, we have shipped out more than we have brought in, more players are coming in, the players and boards seems to be behind the manager and in my opinion we are showing progress and the performance arrow looks to point upwards. It did not look like that mid December last year. I think the near and distant future looks brighter now than it has the last 6 years.
The same can be said for the ones blindly putting faith into the team becoming good under him. At least my observation is based on the performances we have served up, not some romantic idea of doing it the "United Way".

I love how you diminish my view as simply my opinion and then go on to say why we're going so well, IN YOUR OPINION. The hypocrisy is unreal.

jamesjimmybyrondean

He should stay for the rest of the season and then be scrutinized. One thing he needs to sort out though is our playing from the back. Our transition from defense to attack is so terrible. Sometimes the pitch looks to big for us. I'm always wondering how we're going to move forward because there doesn't seem to be a plan. This is not something the world's best CM can fix, it's the job of the Coach

Alabaster Codify7

My vote's been out for several months. I don't understand why people keep changing their votes on a game-to-game basis. :confused:
Hive Mind, mate. SImple as that. Some people are worried about 'not backing the winning side' so they switch their views based on the latest result so they're 'on the right side'.

I've been Ole Out for a while now and that didn't change based on two wins, good wins albeit.

I'm still Ole Out. The next three league games are literally a crap shoot. Anything could happen.....and given the teams we're playing, that isn't good enough for a club like ours.

troylocker

The same can be said for the ones blindly putting faith into the team becoming good under him. At least my observation is based on the performances we have served up, not some romantic idea of doing it the "United Way".

I love how you diminish my view as simply my opinion and then go on to say why we're going so well, IN YOUR OPINION. The hypocrisy is unreal.
I don't state my opinions as anything other than opinions though. I was not diminishing your opinion, I was simply making it clear that it was your opinion and open for debate. See the difference?
I guess using phrases like "blindly putting faith" and "some romantic idea" in your answer wasn't used with the intention to diminish my opinions, were they? I have never used the phrase "the United way" in my life by the way.
You are totally entitled to have your opinions, but if you state them as the common census or facts, someone might have a different take on that. That's all I'm saying. Call it unreal hypocrisy if you want to.

I do believe he is capable of building a young, hungry and talented squad for success in the future. I see both progress and a longterm plan, so I need more time to dismiss my belief in his abilities as a coach and a manager. I also think it is very likely that the results against weaker opposition will improve with a couple of signings in January.

el3mel

For now the results and performance have improved, so it's illogical to sack him at the moment, however, he'll inevitable get sacked anyway imo, especially if we keep on fecking up small games.

Bestietom

I'm sure that you are convinced that this is a positive thing. All it does is make you the type of supporter this club doesn't need when the inevitable happens and another club 'raises the bar'. You start to see only the negatives. We are playing catch up because over the last few seasons our rivals have made better decisions than we have. Some of these rivals have had the advantage of enormous sums of money. My standards for the club are the same as yours.

The difference is, I'm enjoying the ups and downs of this season immensely. This is a project I believe in. I'm delighted that the club seem committed to seeing this through and I look forward to every match more than I have done since Ferguson was here. I go out of my way to ensure I don't miss a game and I've attended more matches already this season than I did in the last few combined. I'm delighted that I have rediscovered that enthusiasm for this club (my wife isn't), because it had reached an all time low under Mourinho. I believe 100% that we are going to be an extremely exciting team in 2 years, and that we will look back on this season as the period where we came of age again.

On the other hand, you sound almost embarrassed to support the club. I'm sure you don't believe that in your own mind, but you certainly read that way. How are you going to cope if we go another 10 years without winning the title?
Well said.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I wouldn't class Rashford as a young player anymore. Maybe inexperienced would be a better term because while he's young in footballing years he has played for 4 seasons at the top level. Would you consider Mbappe a youngster?

You can list signings we've made for the youth teams, but Hannibal aside I don't recall any interest from other clubs. There's no guarantee any will make it. We're talking about young players who will be included in the first team immediately.

Do you think managers have to make personal trips to speak to players that want to join us? These sort of actions are in response to apathetic responses from the other camps. Reports this morning say Ole and Woodward have gone out and spoke to him and his agent personally, that simply doesn't happen if a player doesn't need convincing to join. Like I've said I do think we'll sign Haaland but he will not come cheap.
Matt Jansen, Gareth Bale, Aaron Ramsey are just some of the young players that have turned us down when we were the best team in the land.

Sancho was more than willing to join us from City but he opted for Dortmund due to City not allowing him to join United as reported by Samuel Luckhurst. And he's still open to coming to United if reports are to be believed. And as far as Haland is concerned, he doesn't want to join a club where he will be a bit part player, and will need convincing that joining United won't be a hinderance to his development at 19. Because teams like Dortmund and Leipzig are great clubs as stepping stones who greatly aide a players development. It's easy to see why such clubs are so attractive to younger players at 18-19.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I wouldn't class Rashford as a young player anymore. Maybe inexperienced would be a better term because while he's young in footballing years he has played for 4 seasons at the top level. Would you consider Mbappe a youngster?

You can list signings we've made for the youth teams, but Hannibal aside I don't recall any interest from other clubs. There's no guarantee any will make it. We're talking about young players who will be included in the first team immediately.

Do you think managers have to make personal trips to speak to players that want to join us? These sort of actions are in response to apathetic responses from the other camps. Reports this morning say Ole and Woodward have gone out and spoke to him and his agent personally, that simply doesn't happen if a player doesn't need convincing to join. Like I've said I do think we'll sign Haaland but he will not come cheap.
Hannibal aside, we also signed Noam Emeran ahead of PSG and Juventus for this season.

lysglimt

Scout
Matt Jansen, Gareth Bale, Aaron Ramsey are just some of the young players that have turned us down when we were the best team in the land.

Sancho was more than willing to join us from City but he opted for Dortmund due to City not allowing him to join United as reported by Samuel Luckhurst. And he's still open to coming to United if reports are to be believed. And as far as Haland is concerned, he doesn't want to join a club where he will be a bit part player, and will need convincing that joining United won't be a hinderance to his development at 19. Because teams like Dortmund and Leipzig are great clubs as stepping stones who greatly aide a players development. It's easy to see why such clubs are so attractive to younger players at 18-19.
Correct - there are so many reasons why a young player joins or turns down a club, but the most important thing is that he needs to believe in getting game-time. Up until Lampard took over Chelsea, no young player was ever given the chance despite them being BY FAR the best club in the country at youth levels. Probably the most dominating side since the Busby-babes. Same with City - the competition is simply too hard. A super-talent like Foden who turns 20 in may is a fringe-player. In every other side apart from Liverpool and maybe Chelsea - he would be a regular.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion

Fair enough on Rashford, but yes I would certainly class him as a young player, but that’s subjective I guess. I’m confused about the young players you’ve signed, in your first post you said you hadn’t signed any, now they’re not good enough because others weren’t interested. I know Ajax were desperate to keep Hoogewerf and rated him as one of their most talented teens.

As for going straight into the first team what about AWB and Dan James?

And yes managers do go and meet players they want to sign, Ferguson wrote about doing it quite a bit and was applauded for the way he made players feel special by taking the time to do it.

LuckyScout78

I will not say i want him here or not. But this close to half season. So this what i will call half season evaluation. Constructive critics.

First this is Ole didnt solve United most important and weakest link in the summer transfer window. He might has follow United last 4-5 years under 3 different managers. Under Moyes, Van Gaal and Mourinho. All of those 3 struggled to got a good and strong enough cm midfield partnership to fill the gap after Scholes retirement. It helps a bit with Pobga under Mourinho. But when Pogba drop of form. United drop of form too. And with Herrera went to PSG. Ole had enough time to find a really good cm player in the summer. Instead he the clubs spending the last time on Dybala and Eriksen. A nr.10.

It was right and i agree he shall give trust on Mc.Tom as the defensive nr.6. But the offensive creative nr.8. Yeah unlucky with Pobga injury. But the back up and others options are not up for it. Fred, Perreira and Matic. Most of United support know this. And i m sure the club has money in the summer. Special when the club and Ole were working on a nr.10. A Dybala and Erikksen. Who both didnt want to play for United. So United definitive had money for a really good cm player.

So if you don't solve the team weakest link. Not CB or CAM, but the nr.8. You dont see the most important to succeed and simple logic is. Solve the biggest and most important problem first. In the pecking order. To make you survive and save peoples and what most important first when the firer start in the house. Then solve lesser problem later.

The second critic is to put players who are best to open up tight defend contra team that will chase the ball a lot.

Lingard and James = counter attack where better teams give you more space to counter attack.

Again tight defend and you use Lingard and not Greenwood. The only you have in the squad. Wrong person for the wrong job. Against tight defend. You need players, isolate and in combinations with others are really good in small area, precise pass and movement football. It is here United are lacking in the squad. The qualities to open up tight defenders.

Sum up. No another really good nr.8 options beside Pobga. Noone really good nr.10 and RW. The nature of this is United will and had struggle. And this is down to the manager. He got the permanent job after Paris game. Herrera got injury after that and United collapsed. So from Paris game and during 2 months summer transfer window. It should be enough time. To get a good enough squad to battle for top 3-4. Transfer in and out = manager and director. Performances on the pitch = players and manager. Manager with the line up and tactic.

So this january transfer window is giving Ole a new chance. To get a new really good nr.8. If Pobga is out of injury again. The nature of this. United will struggle again.

No manager and man is the right for the job. Like players. Its all about making "right decisions". So if am a owner of a company and clubs. I only peoples another one chance. Fix United weakest link and problem. If not, not a chance United will get top 4 or winning European league. Unless United lucky with Pobga injury free rest of the season and hit a top consistent form. But if United have money and patient. United can wait 2-3 more transfer window to get another top nr.8 and RW.
So that is my evaluation from summer till now. One big poor decision in the summer and some line up collections here and there. Wrong person for the wrong job.

b82REZ

Fair enough on Rashford, but yes I would certainly class him as a young player, but that’s subjective I guess. I’m confused about the young players you’ve signed, in your first post you said you hadn’t signed any, now they’re not good enough because others weren’t interested. I know Ajax were desperate to keep Hoogewerf and rated him as one of their most talented teens.

As for going straight into the first team what about AWB and Dan James?

And yes managers do go and meet players they want to sign, Ferguson wrote about doing it quite a bit and was applauded for the way he made players feel special by taking the time to do it.
I think the confusion is you are talking youth players where the point I was making was more towards young players signed for the first team.

There's nothing wrong with meeting potential players but the way it's been worded by Ole and the press is we've had to convince him to make the move. No offence to Salzburg but United should always be seen as a step up from there and our interest alone should be enough for most players. I know Haaland is highly coveted but the way its being made out that we've had to convince him to join us doesn't sit right with me. For all the talk of avoiding signing mercenaries this signing seems potentially like we will be signing one.

SAFMUTD

Third best team yes - squad - no way. Looks at our rivals benches and we don't compare very well at all, even with only Pogba now unavailable.
I dont think we are that far off. Besides Spurs which is debatable, I dont think the other ones have a way better bench than us.

Toni Roncoroni

I am still for sack and will keep it like that. this is again a really frustrating season for us. I can't believe that we weren't able to beat Everton at home. Ole can be lucky to have turned that corner everybody is talking and writing about. I would say that we didn't turn one. we are rotating in a circle.

But as long as he is giving those scripted interviews where he talks about the "boys", the United DNA , the United way of playing, how everything is possible when they are playing in direction of Stretford End, a lot of the fans will be happy that we will be stuck between 6th and 10th for the next few years.

Well, I am not. As at least 50% in this forum. Ole is nowhere near good enough to be our coach. I think even he knows that. He is living in the past and tries to copy Sir Alex while there is a new generation of managers out there who aren't copying someone or some style of play, some DNA or whatever of the past, but find new approaches. We should get one of these coaches in. Not a nice fella who would be great as a junior coach (because he is nice and the kids and parents would love him) but has no clue how to implement a great style of play. With points against the 5-6 best teams of the league we will not get near CL-places.

And for the record: I wouldn't have a problem with being 5th, 6th this season. If we could see that he is implementing a new style of play and isn't tracking back of it because it works and there are only a few things or a couple of players missing. But that is not where we are right now. We still need moments of magic from single players as our (team-)play just isn't good enough.

bonothom

Wow flip flop lot on here, now the majority want to keep Ole. The results against Spurs and City masked the real problems again. Against crappy Everton the same old shite. United have one way of playing and that all comes down to the management and coaching. Fast counter attacking. I really wish United had beaten the shit teams this season and lost against the better teams. That would mean Utd would have 33 points in total. They've dropped 22 points against the crap, and won 14 points against the regular top 6 including Leicester. They'd be 4th.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Wow flip flop lot on here, now the majority want to keep Ole. The results against Spurs and City masked the real problems again. Against crappy Everton the same old shite. United have one way of playing and that all comes down to the management and coaching. Fast counter attacking. I really wish United had beaten the shit teams this season and lost against the better teams. That would mean Utd would have 33 points in total. They've dropped 22 points against the crap, and won 14 points against the regular top 6 including Leicester. They'd be 4th.
You’re right, I’d have loved for city to stuff us!

USREDEVIL

I will not say i want him here or not. But this close to half season. So this what i will call half season evaluation. Constructive critics.

First this is Ole didnt solve United most important and weakest link in the summer transfer window. He might has follow United last 4-5 years under 3 different managers. Under Moyes, Van Gaal and Mourinho. All of those 3 struggled to got a good and strong enough cm midfield partnership to fill the gap after Scholes retirement. It helps a bit with Pobga under Mourinho. But when Pogba drop of form. United drop of form too. And with Herrera went to PSG. Ole had enough time to find a really good cm player in the summer. Instead he the clubs spending the last time on Dybala and Eriksen. A nr.10.

It was right and i agree he shall give trust on Mc.Tom as the defensive nr.6. But the offensive creative nr.8. Yeah unlucky with Pobga injury. But the back up and others options are not up for it. Fred, Perreira and Matic. Most of United support know this. And i m sure the club has money in the summer. Special when the club and Ole were working on a nr.10. A Dybala and Erikksen. Who both didnt want to play for United. So United definitive had money for a really good cm player.

So if you don't solve the team weakest link. Not CB or CAM, but the nr.8. You dont see the most important to succeed and simple logic is. Solve the biggest and most important problem first. In the pecking order. To make you survive and save peoples and what most important first when the firer start in the house. Then solve lesser problem later.

The second critic is to put players who are best to open up tight defend contra team that will chase the ball a lot.

Lingard and James = counter attack where better teams give you more space to counter attack.

Again tight defend and you use Lingard and not Greenwood. The only you have in the squad. Wrong person for the wrong job. Against tight defend. You need players, isolate and in combinations with others are really good in small area, precise pass and movement football. It is here United are lacking in the squad. The qualities to open up tight defenders.

Sum up. No another really good nr.8 options beside Pobga. Noone really good nr.10 and RW. The nature of this is United will and had struggle. And this is down to the manager. He got the permanent job after Paris game. Herrera got injury after that and United collapsed. So from Paris game and during 2 months summer transfer window. It should be enough time. To get a good enough squad to battle for top 3-4. Transfer in and out = manager and director. Performances on the pitch = players and manager. Manager with the line up and tactic.

So this january transfer window is giving Ole a new chance. To get a new really good nr.8. If Pobga is out of injury again. The nature of this. United will struggle again.

No manager and man is the right for the job. Like players. Its all about making "right decisions". So if am a owner of a company and clubs. I only peoples another one chance. Fix United weakest link and problem. If not, not a chance United will get top 4 or winning European league. Unless United lucky with Pobga injury free rest of the season and hit a top consistent form. But if United have money and patient. United can wait 2-3 more transfer window to get another top nr.8 and RW.
So that is my evaluation from summer till now. One big poor decision in the summer and some line up collections here and there. Wrong person for the wrong job.
That was a tough read. Google translate? Anyways, what I think you're saying is that we did not fix our weakest link which is an attacking midfielder. And you're saying Pogba isn't reliable enough and therefore that is our main problem going forward which we need to address. Assuming my "translation" of your post is accurate i agree. Unless we are attacking the ball with speed and the other team is running backwards defending we do not create nearly enough scoring chances.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
We were shite against everyone by the end of last season. We have at least a very effective way of playing against the top sides now. This is certainly not to be written off as 'moments of individual brilliance'. They have a clear plan, clear roles for everybody. Also, our frequent travails against opposition that sits in against us, while frustrating, still differs from last season. I can still see that they're trying to play quicker and move the ball between the lines. We either need more time to develop that or need some higher quality personnel or more probably both. The idea that there are fans that think that all the City and Spurs performances did was mask our defects is fairly tragic. What a joyless way to watch football.

mattsville

feck league positions for the moment, this is a complete rebuild and early stages, the fact it feels like Manchester United again is more progress than we have felt with lvg and mourinho, I can identify with my club again, that if fecking huge, people need to be patient and enjoy the progress being made however slow, the standard in the league ahead of us is incredibly difficult also, even SAF would be finding it difficult to overcome. It was disappointing the weekend drawing at home but by the end of it I was more positive than negative, given how much we pushed for the win and the fact that it was Greenwood who rescued us more so than anything.

UpWithRivers

Whats really annoying is that he doesnt even bother trying something new. Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result is the definition of insanity. I get there is a shortage of options - I mean Mata, Lingard and Periera are all shit in the number 10 position so its a hard job finding a system that works but thats why he is the manager. Try something else. anything. We do the same thing every single time against low block sides. Its infuriating. Even during the game. Swap Martial and Rashford for 10 minutes. Heck put Martial as a number 10. PLay James on the left and Rashford on the right. Bring on Mata for McTominay or Fred and play Lingard in midfield. Just try something different for petes sake. It drives me nuts. Its like banging your head on a brick wall over and over and over again.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
People who go from out to in after a win or two. Are like a guy whose wife goes out every weekend cheats on him , after the 10th time he grows half a pair and thinks I’m ending this.... then that weekend she goes out doesn’t pull anyone and he thinks “she’s changed “

lex talionis

Guys, Ole is not getting sacked any time soon and it might be a good idea, at least for the sake of our sanity, to take down this poll.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
Guys, Ole is not getting sacked any time soon and it might be a good idea, at least for the sake of our sanity, to take down this poll.
The question is asking fans if “they would sack or keep Ole” not if they think Ole will get sacked. So maybe if the threads existence hurts your feelings so much it’s best to ignore it.

Robbie Boy

So, today I have changed my vote to keep.

I have been happy with what I've seen over the past month or so and we totally and utterly dominated Everton despite not getting the win. There have been far too many excuses reeled out for Ole after piss poor performances but I feel we have shown a-lot more cohesion and attacking intent over the past month. We badly, and I mean badly, need a creative CM to help unlock teams that sit deep as we don't have the necessary quality at the moment. I'm still extremely sceptical that he has the required managerial ability to make us a force but it will be interesting to see where we're at, at the end of the season if we add some quality in the January transfer window. Hopefully we go to Vicarage Road on Sunday and attack them from the get-go.

Last edited:

DSG

I am still for sack and will keep it like that. this is again a really frustrating season for us. I can't believe that we weren't able to beat Everton at home. Ole can be lucky to have turned that corner everybody is talking and writing about. I would say that we didn't turn one. we are rotating in a circle.

But as long as he is giving those scripted interviews where he talks about the "boys", the United DNA , the United way of playing, how everything is possible when they are playing in direction of Stretford End, a lot of the fans will be happy that we will be stuck between 6th and 10th for the next few years.

Well, I am not. As at least 50% in this forum. Ole is nowhere near good enough to be our coach. I think even he knows that. He is living in the past and tries to copy Sir Alex while there is a new generation of managers out there who aren't copying someone or some style of play, some DNA or whatever of the past, but find new approaches. We should get one of these coaches in. Not a nice fella who would be great as a junior coach (because he is nice and the kids and parents would love him) but has no clue how to implement a great style of play. With points against the 5-6 best teams of the league we will not get near CL-places.

And for the record: I wouldn't have a problem with being 5th, 6th this season. If we could see that he is implementing a new style of play and isn't tracking back of it because it works and there are only a few things or a couple of players missing. But that is not where we are right now. We still need moments of magic from single players as our (team-)play just isn't good enough.
Just because you CAN’T SEE the style of play he is implementing doesn’t mean he’s not instituting a style of play.

I can see it quite clearly. You should look very closely at the players he’s brought in, the players he’s dropped and sold. Although we are not the finished product yet, the next two or three transfer windows will allow him to build the team in his vision. If we are not challenging for the title at that point, then by all means, give him the broom.

I’m not exactly sure why we need a “new tactics” manager. I’m pretty sure that all of these managers “steal” tactics from others, you see this if you watch a lot of football. And I see Ole winning against the top 6 a lot more than he loses. I don’t think he’s as tactically naive as you say. He was brilliant at times this season and last season in setup and approach.

SAF was a brilliant manager. He was top notch at developing players, making wise moves in the transfer market, motivating the squad and dealing with the press. He did not usher in a new football philosophy, like a Rinus Michels or a Johan Cruyff, or Juergen Klopp. But he won a lot of trophies and in my opinion, is the best manager ever. Oh, yeah, and he didn’t win anything for the first years as manager.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Ole is doing a 75% job of a manager and a 75% job of a DOF.

I wasn't happy with him when all I could see was the management side but now I see the squad development - I couldn't care less about the short term results.

I'd happily give him a year & for us to stay in the mud if we end up with a better, stronger, well rounded younger squad.

Then we can potentially go for a 100% manager.

Take it slowly guys - Ole is doing a loving job with the club at heart even if it isn't tactically Pep or Klopp like.

Fosu-Mens

Just because you CAN’T SEE the style of play he is implementing doesn’t mean he’s not instituting a style of play.

I can see it quite clearly. You should look very closely at the players he’s brought in, the players he’s dropped and sold. Although we are not the finished product yet, the next two or three transfer windows will allow him to build the team in his vision. If we are not challenging for the title at that point, then by all means, give him the broom.
What I see is a team built for low block and counter-attacking football. If this differs from what you see, please explain what, why and how.

ReddBalls

What I see is a team built for low block and counter-attacking football. If this differs from what you see, please explain what, why and how.
Do you think the team we put out now is the finished article? The team that Ole wanted to build?

Roboc7

His signings indicate that’s exactly what he’s trying to build, if he signed Maguire to play a high line or AWB to play as an attacking full back I’d be worried. They are players bought to defend deep.

He wants us to sit back and hit on the break just with some better players, that’s the plan.

Ancient Of Days

So, today I have changed my vote to keep.

I have been happy with what I've seen over the past month or so and we totally and utterly dominated Everton despite not getting the win. There have been far too many excuses reeled out for Ole after piss poor performances but I feel we have shown a-lot more cohesion and attacking intent over the past month. We badly, and I mean badly, need a creative CM to help unlock teams that sit deep as we don't have the necessary quality at the moment. I'm still extremely sceptical that he has the required managerial ability to make us a force but it will be interesting to see where we're at, at the end of the season if we add some quality in the January transfer window. Hopefully we go to Vicarage Road on Sunday and attack them from the get-go.
I agree he's earned himself a stay of execution through the turnaround and providing respectable form that is benefiting a young team

I don't see any harm keeping him to the end of the season to assess the situation as I don't think any other manager would be providing much better results than our recent form at the moment and maybe he can prove he's got what it takes to be here for the foreseeable future but he's got a long way to go.

Since we can't wipe away the fact that from the end last season to september,october and November we were in relegation form and the results were simply unacceptable along with the excuses coming out of his mouth and his fans

I think Ole will serve to put us back in the right direction off the field, in terms of attracting youth and getting the players mentality right.

However on the field, getting this team to compete for honors and taking United back to the top is far beyond such a limited one trick pony make it up as you go along, coach that only has one way of setting a team out to play and who relies on using a mis-mash of previous manager's templates for strategy

Fosu-Mens

His signings indicate that’s exactly what he’s trying to build, if he signed Maguire to play a high line or AWB to play as an attacking full back I’d be worried. They are players bought to defend deep.

He wants us to sit back and hit on the break just with some better players, that’s the plan.
My view as well. And do you think we will get far by playing this type of football?

Do you think the team we put out now is the finished article? The team that Ole wanted to build?
The type of players brought in indicates that we are going to continue this type of football. If not, why did we add more "park the bus and counter" players to a squad already full of them?

ThinkTank@Cafe

There’s a guy on YouTube, his channel name is United Stand. I don’t know, I just can’t Stand him. Acts like he knows everything and everyone, his every word is a verdict. No analysis, a lot of statements he doesn’t care to support with some objective data, only agenda. His channel is about to hit 600.000 subscribers. I bet 1800+ of them are on this forum.

Dve

There’s a guy on YouTube, his channel name is United Stand. I don’t know, I just can’t Stand him. Acts like he knows everything and everyone, his every word is a verdict. No analysis, a lot of statements he doesn’t care to support with some objective data, only agenda. His channel is about to hit 600.000 subscribers. I bet 1800+ of them are on this forum.
I´m watching it sometimes, and Goldbrigde deserves credit for havning built the fan base that he has. He sure has charisma, and his cockiness is part of why he is succeeding.

But yes, I agree that his analysis are rather lazy sometimes. Typically, he will trash Ole´s tactics based on a misconception of what they are, or he sees things one-eyed (e.g. back to 4-3-3 because that worked the first 3 months under Ole. Then forgetting that 4-3-3 was also the formation the last 3 months of the season, and United were countered to death. Or, Sheffield United and Aston Villa were terrible tactics from Ole. While neither the win over Tottenham nor City, had anything to do with tactics). Or he find something else to rant about, that exist only in his head (e.g. a Mandzukic transfer which again proves that Woodward is an idiot). Maybe it´s the bad weather, but right now he gets paid from moaning.

Dve

That´s not the plan. That´s not what counter-attacking football means. It means that when you win the ball - wherever on the field - you seek passes up field as quick as possible, and with higher risk of loosing the ball. An alternative strategy is to prioritise possession and play it more safe. Counterattacking football is not synonym with parking the bus, it´s about how you act when you win the ball.

Foxbatt

I will still sack him. His basics are not right. Even against Colchester our basics were wrong. Some other OP mentioned in another thread about the positional play of Messi, Henry and Eto.
The same positional play is the way they play through the whole team.
People may wonder why other teams cut through our midfield so easily? It's not because Fred or Scott are bad players but the way we play. We surrender the centre too easily. It's not only the midfield who has to keep their position but it's the space occupied by a member of the team. It could be anyone. The right space at the right time.
When Fred and Scott get dragged out, no one step down into that position. Normally it's the attacking midfield player who has to do it. If he can't then the CF has to do it.
When we have the ball it's the same and normally one of the CB should step up into that position.

OleBoiii

Thank goodness the vote isn't visible to non-members. It's embarrassing that nearly half the people in here want him out.

Status
Not open for further replies.