Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eddy_JukeZ

There's not a manager on earth that could get results with the current squad that is minus our only decent players Rashford and Pogba.
Bruno will take time to settle. Scott McT was very important in terms of leadership on the pitch before his injury.

Not making excuses, but a full culture reboot was needed. Maybe Ole will not be around to finish the rebuild but at least he leaves a team of young hungry players for the next guy to improve on, and not a pile of ageing fat cat mercenaries who are only here for the money, like Jose left us saddled with.
How come Wilder at Sheffield is getting better results?

Are you saying that we have worse players than Sheffield United?

And what explains last season's awful run of form with our all players healthy?

The amount of leeway Ole gets on here from some of you is simply remarkable. I'm almost hoping that some of you are wumming.

Champagne Football

How come Wilder at Sheffield is getting better results?

Are you saying that we have worse players than Sheffield United?

And what explains last season's awful run of form with our all players healthy?

The amount of leeway Ole gets on here from some of you is simply remarkable. I'm almost hoping that some of you are wumming.
Wilder at Sheffield has limited players that play a certain system that is very tough to beat. We see it every year that a team comes up from the championship, gives everyone a run for their money, then a season later it all falls to shite and you never hear of the manager again. Wilder is into his 4th season at Sheffield also, so has had time to mold the team to his liking.

Ole has inherited a mountain of shite. Lampard inherited a world class team at Chelsea, with 2 of the best central midfielders in Europe, and he's still struggling. I'm not saying we should definitely stick with Ole after the summer but he's playing with half a team. Daniel James, Martial, Lindelof, Fred, Scott McT are players that should be squad players here. Fred and Scott have been brilliant but they are Darren Fletcher types who should only come into the team when we're playing away to City or Liverpool and have to defend for our lives. The reality for Ole is that you can't enter into a summer window and buy 6 World class players. You're lucky if you can get 2 or 3 in that are good enough, and hope you can build from there but such was the shit-show that Ole inherited that he's only half way into a rebuild after 2 transfer windows.

Eddy_JukeZ

Wilder at Sheffield has limited players that play a certain system that is very tough to beat. We see it every year that a team comes up from the championship, gives everyone a run for their money, then a season later it all falls to shite. Wilder in into his 4th season at Sheffield also, so has had time to mold the team to his liking.

Ole has inherited a mountain of shite. Lampard inherited a world class team at Chelsea, with 2 of the best central midfielders in Europe, and he's still struggling. I'm not saying we should definitely stick with Ole after the summer but he's playing with half a team. Daniel James, Martial, Lindelof, Fred, Scott McT are players that should be squad players here. Fred and Scott have been brilliant but they are Darren Fletcher typrs who should only come into the team when we're playing away to City or Liverpool and have to defend for our lives. The reality for Ole is that you can't enter into a summer window and buy 6 World class players. You're lucky if you can get 2 or 3 in that are good enough, and hope you can build from there but such was the shit-show that Ole inherited that he's only half way into a rebuild after 2 transfer windows.
This is the biggest hyperbolic nonsense I've read on here.

World class team at Chelsea? Give me a break. They have 1 world class player in Kante.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
It's a sad state of affairs when the only person that consistently post good, very good or excellent posts on a United forum is a Brighton and Hove Albion fan.

Take a bow @The Boy
Thank you *bows*

Not sure everyone would agree though!

elánius

World class team at Chelsea? Give me a break. They have 1 world class player in Kante.
Kante is one of heir biggest problems, because he plays something like box to box and often leads the offensive line, but he is so bad with the ball that many counter attacks or attacks in general just end because of his horrible touch or pass. He is noway near world class players and never will be.

Thank you *bows*

Not sure everyone would agree though!
Yeah, absolutly. I dont agree with a single thing you wrote there. :-)

Champagne Football

You're talking out of your arse. Jorginho, Kante, Kovacic, Mount and Barkley is far superior midfield options than Fred, Matic, Mata, Lingard and Mctominay which have been our only midfielders all season up until last week.

Hudson-Odoi, Pulisic, William and Pedro are better wing options than Rashford, James and Chong.

In terms of strikers and defenders and goalkeeper, I'd say we're about equal to Chelsea.

Eddy_JukeZ

You're talking out of your arse. Jorginho, Kante, Kovacic, Mount and Barkley is far superior midfield options than Fred, Matic, Mata, Lingard and Mctominay which have been our only midfielders all season up until last week.

Hudson-Odoi, Pulisic, William and Pedro are better wing options than Rashford, James and Chong.

In terms of strikers and defenders and goalkeeper, I'd say we're about equal to Chelsea.
You said world class team. They have 1 world class player.

Don't go changing the goal-posts.

With Bruno added and Pogba healthy, our midfield is arguably better than theirs. Without those 2, I think Chelsea have a clear edge, but far superior midfield is pushing it.

Rashford is better than any of their players out wide. Daniel James despite his recent awful form has been more productive than any of Chelsea's wide players.

Pedro hasn't been good all season. Why did you even reference him? And why did you reference Chong? He barely plays.

Our back 4 and goalkeeper is better than their back 4 and goalkeeper. Are you going to tell me Kepa is a good GK now?

So please tell me how they have a world class team. That's what you said.

You said Ole inherited shit(a team that finished 2nd when Jose wasn't sabotaging the season), while Lampard inherited a world class team. Give me a break.

Wolfmother

Supports
Man Utd
You say you didn’t follow Cardiff back then and still don’t. Yet claim to be an expert about the state of their club and the ins and outs of the reason for their signings. Despite it already being proven that you didn’t have a clue about Ole spending millions in the winter window and still getting relegated.. first your said Ole didn’t sign players in the winter window and that’s why he got Cardiff relegated then when you found out he did sign players you changed it to signings players is the reason he got relegated?

I don’t have an agenda, If someone sells pee as champagne I’ll call it for what it is. The one with an agenda is clearly you.
You have already gotten detail info from posters who knows who knows Cardiff very well. You didn’t take anything on board from either. No, you just twisted it to be a spin :lol:
He still only spent 7,5 millions in that winter window mate, and was desperate for a replacement on Hudson and another striker.
I hope you have an agenda, Becouse if not...

Last edited:

red4ever 79

You said world class team. They have 1 world class player.

Don't go changing the goal-posts.

With Bruno added and Pogba healthy, our midfield is arguably better than theirs. Without those 2, I think Chelsea have a clear edge, but far superior midfield is pushing it.

Rashford is better than any of their players out wide. Daniel James despite his recent awful form has been more productive than any of Chelsea's wide players.

Pedro hasn't been good all season. Why did you even reference him? And why did you reference Chong? He barely plays.

Our back 4 and goalkeeper is better than their back 4 and goalkeeper. Are you going to tell me Kepa is a good GK now?

So please tell me how they have a world class team. That's what you said.

You said Ole inherited shit(a team that finished 2nd when Jose wasn't sabotaging the season), while Lampard inherited a world class team. Give me a break.
Likely to leave in the summer. Not sure how many games those two will play together. I wouldnt be surprised if Bruno is not the direct replacement for Pogba anyhow.

Eddy_JukeZ

Likely to leave in the summer. Not sure how many games those two will play together. I wouldnt be surprised if Bruno is not the direct replacement for Pogba anyhow.
He may leave.

Either way, their midfield is probably better than ours. But far superior midfield is pushing it. They don't have Xavi/Iniesta or even Kroos/Modric over there.

AneRu

Wilder at Sheffield has limited players that play a certain system that is very tough to beat. We see it every year that a team comes up from the championship, gives everyone a run for their money, then a season later it all falls to shite and you never hear of the manager again. Wilder is into his 4th season at Sheffield also, so has had time to mold the team to his liking.

Ole has inherited a mountain of shite. Lampard inherited a world class team at Chelsea, with 2 of the best central midfielders in Europe, and he's still struggling. I'm not saying we should definitely stick with Ole after the summer but he's playing with half a team. Daniel James, Martial, Lindelof, Fred, Scott McT are players that should be squad players here. Fred and Scott have been brilliant but they are Darren Fletcher types who should only come into the team when we're playing away to City or Liverpool and have to defend for our lives. The reality for Ole is that you can't enter into a summer window and buy 6 World class players. You're lucky if you can get 2 or 3 in that are good enough, and hope you can build from there but such was the shit-show that Ole inherited that he's only half way into a rebuild after 2 transfer windows.
That mountain of shit finished 2nd, made the FA Cup final the season before last and got Ole the permanent job whilst achieving some surprisingly good results. We all know there were problems within the squad but to talk it down to such an extent because Ole is failing is simply being dishonest. Ole may never match what the shit show he inherited achieved even if he is given five years because his in game management is so poor.

Robbie Boy

Take a compliment mate, i'm sure that even those that disagree with everything you post will agree your posts are more often than not are well thought out/structured, and stick out like a sore thumb in a sea of f this, t this and p that ;)
Yup, his posts are in a different stratosphere than yours. Take some hints from him.

Micky Targaryen

Can't believe you even have an excuse for Ole for Sheffield being above us on the table. Fecking Sheffield. Imagine the scenes during a presser when a reporter asks Ole about his thoughts on Sheffield being higher than us, and he goes ahead and says that.

dove

:lol: Imagine inventing BS like that to excuse our inept manager... Some of you must be paid to write this crap for sure :lol:

Eddy_JukeZ

:lol: Imagine inventing BS like that to excuse our inept manager... Some of you must be paid to write this crap for sure :lol:
'World class team'

With only 1 world class player.

I mean I'm amazed he had the gall to type that out.

sect2k

He's laid the groundwork excellently for a successful season next year and possibly for a few seasons afterwards. But I don't think he's the right person to take advantage of that fully.

He has thinned out a bloated and overpaid squad

Nope, most of deadwood is still here, and those who aren't we're still partially covering their wages.

He's reduced the average age of the squad dramatically

What exactly is that supposed to prove? Other than the fact we now clearly lack some experience.

He's coaxed great football out of Fred

He gave him a run of games, mostly because he didn't have other choices and now Fred is performing the the expected level. Not really an outstanding achievement.

He's overseen the emergence of McT as a proper class footballer with bags of potential still

No, that was Jose, not Ole and the jury is still out on McT, he seems like a good squad player, a Darren Fletcher if you will.

He's overseen Rashford's break out season

Rashford's breakout season was under LVG, he's currently, or was until Ole's mismanagement ruined his season, having a very good spell, but there is zero evidence that it's because of Ole, but rather just natural progression for someone of his talent. Also I would wager some aspects of his game have not really improved, his decision making is still "frustrating" at times.

He's brought through some very talented youngsters and integrated them into the first team very well

Which ones? Greenwod and Williams? Greenwood as talented as he may be, hasn't really set the PL on fire and Williams was more of a necessity because of injuries and Shaw is still often preferred to him. Which other talented youngsters were given a chance? None, even on the odd occasion when we were winning comfortably, Ole choose not to bring on any of them, despite having them on the bench. Even Klopp, has given more chances to youth this season in various competitions.

His squad management has been good, unfortunately his game management has been very erratic, some very unfortunate injuries, with Pogba, Rashford and McT in the team I think you'd be a good 6 points better off, but injuries happen to everyone and this season United haven't been able to cope with them. I think people will look back at Ole's tenure and see that he laid the foundations for success, but wasn't able to take advantage of that.

His squad management has been absolutely terrible and resulted in a thin, injury laden squad. He spent a fortune on defense with zero effect as we are worse defensively as last year. The one defender he let go is now the best defender in the Italian league while his replacement is struggling to live up the price tag. Also this hyperbole that injuries are to blame is just that, as last year, with all those listed available, we were still crap. There are no foundations being laid here, only lowering of expectations.

That's why my vote is keep until the end of the season and then replace.

I'm fully aware that we're stuck with him till the end of season at the minimum, but with the damage he's doing to the team, he should be fired with immediate effect, regardless of availability of a more permanent replacement.
Bold parts are mine. I don't understand what's supposed to be level headed about this post as it's more are less more pro Ole nonsense.

Roboc7

Narrative starting to change now, all of a
sudden Ole is now only laying foundations or holding job until someone better comes along etc etc. The whole three year plan and Utd way was now just a smokescreen.

Most of the time the simplest explanation makes the most most sense. We appointed an incompetent manager to work alongside our incompetent CEO, it’s been a disaster.

Alabaster Codify7

Narrative starting to change now, all of a
sudden Ole is now only laying foundations or holding job until someone better comes along etc etc. The whole three year plan and Utd way was now just a smokescreen.

Most of the time the simplest explanation makes the most most sense. We appointed an incompetent manager to work alongside our incompetent CEO, it’s been a disaster.

The simple explanation is, like Moyes, the board felt Ole was a cheap, low maintenance punt that would scrape top 4 if given 1-2 new signings. It completely backfired, because, like Moyes, Ole is 10 x worse than they ever thought he would be in their worst nightmares.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
That mountain of shit finished 2nd, made the FA Cup final the season before last and got Ole the permanent job whilst achieving some surprisingly good results. We all know there were problems within the squad but to talk it down to such an extent because Ole is failing is simply being dishonest. Ole may never match what the shit show he inherited achieved even if he is given five years because his in game management is so poor.
This really. The narrative has changed to that the squad ole inherited is worse than sheffield united who have just been promoted from the championship.

Siorac

Their world class team finished 5th and 3rd in the last two seasons - and that was with Hazard in the team.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Their world class team finished 5th and 3rd in the last two seasons - and that was with Hazard in the team.
Leciester and Sheffield also have world class teams, and if Arsenal overtake us in the league, they too have a world class team. oh and Spurs, they've a world class team but obviously Mourinho's a worse manager than Ole.

AneRu

This really. The narrative has changed to that the squad ole inherited is worse than sheffield united who have just been promoted from the championship.
The extent people are willing to go just to shield Ole from genuine criticism is shocking, this kind of delusion is as bad as the incompetence infesting those in charge. A delusional fan base willing to excuse incompetence in conjunction with a board not focused on performance befitting a top team is the perfect recipe for disaster.

TRUERED89

I fear it is actually true, especially with reports emerging yesterday that Pogba has already told team mates he'll be moving on in the summer.

AneRu

I fear it is actually true, especially with reports emerging yesterday that Pogba has already told team mates he'll be moving on in the summer.
This is clear as day, Bruno is the Pogba replacement and it looks like we are already eating into the Pogba money. I would be surprised if we sign more than two players in the summer.

TRUERED89

This is clear as day, Bruno is the Pogba replacement and it looks like we are already eating into the Pogba money. I would be surprised if we sign more than two players in the summer.
Ole's already confirmed in the presser post Wolves, that the Bruno signing was part of the summer budget. What an absolute shite show, I don't think we'll get more than 2 either, I'm almost certain tbh.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I am beginning to suspect that we have accounts that have been created by rival supporters to create a storm on this forum.
They then link that post or thread to their own club's forum and have a laugh at the replies it gets.
I refuse to believe that anybody can be so dim, so as to argue that Sheff Utd have a better squad than ours.

AC1689

It’s increasingly obvious that the Ole In crowd don’t have a brain cell to share between them. The excuses are beyond woeful, with absolutely no evidence to back them up. It’s consistently pure blind faith. Then when the excuses start to prove themselves to be utter nonsense, they shift the goalposts to suit their agenda, even if it means being complete hypocrites. I feel sorry for them to be honest.

I also find it incomprehensible how Ole seems to have managed to deflect all his failings on to Woodward and the Glazers. Everyone appears to be calling for Woodward to be sacked now, with barely any mention of wanting Ole to be sacked. Their biggest failing? Appointing Ole in the first place. And yes, Woodward needs to go. The lacklustre performances and total absence of coaching/tactics is NOT down to the owners though, it is the manager. Every time we have a terrible result, it’s “Woodward Out” now instead of “Ole Out”. He’s played a blinder.

Alabaster Codify7

Leciester and Sheffield also have world class teams, and if Arsenal overtake us in the league, they too have a world class team. oh and Spurs, they've a world class team but obviously Mourinho's a worse manager than Ole.

Exactly. They simply have better managers than us, no arguments. Our manager almost got his team relegated from the Championship after spending a small fortune on new players, before Cardiff pulled the plug to prevent back-to-back relegations under him. And surprise surprise, things then improved upon his departure.

Alabaster Codify7

It's been clear since the summer to anyone with a pair of eyes and the ability to think beyond what the club tells them.

Paul_Scholes18

Spurs reached the CL final and we are almost level with them. Shows that Ole is doing a good job.
Arsenal reached EL final and we are ahead of them. Superb job!
We beat City who won the league last year. Point vs Pool even with VAR against us.
Beat world class team and EL winners Chelsea!
Beat Championship winners Norwich twice!
Beat Newcastle at home! Well can't really talk them up, but we won!
Top 4 in xG league.
Sheffield are ahead of us too since they have given Wilder time too. Thus give time to Ole!
He will turn Lingard into Messi eventually or even sell him if it doesn't work out.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Spurs reached the CL final and we are almost level with them. Shows that Ole is doing a good job.
Arsenal reached EL final and we are ahead of them. Superb job!
We beat City who won the league last year. Point vs Pool even with VAR against us.
Beat world class team and EL winners Chelsea!
Beat Championship winners Norwich twice!
Beat Newcastle at home! Well can't really talk them up, but we won!
Top 4 in xG league.
Sheffield are ahead of us too since they have given Wilder time too. Thus give time to Ole!
He will turn Lingard into Messi eventually or even sell him if it doesn't work out.
Am I the only one getting confused of late whether posts are Ole out or Ole In??

Paul_Scholes18

Am I the only one getting confused of late whether posts are Ole out or Ole In??
I think you should take every post by the merit of what is written.
Although my posts about Ole has been mainly joke recently since I do think our club is a joke at the moment.
Still some people might use arguments like us beating City and point vs Pool making Ole good enough to be given time and so on.

Seriously the club needs to deeply look for a manager that suits our squad and club. If not suiting the current squad they need to actually invest
properly to bring in 5-6 new players with at least 3 top players among them.

jamesjimmybyrondean

I think you should take every post by the merit of what is written.
Although my posts about Ole has been mainly joke recently since I do think our club is a joke at the moment.
Still some people might use arguments like us beating City and point vs Pool making Ole good enough to be given time and so on.

Seriously the club needs to deeply look for a manager that suits our squad and club. If not suiting the current squad they need to actually invest
properly to bring in 5-6 new players with at least 3 top players among them.
This. So far we've gone with finding the right players but now we need the right coach. Can work with youth, good tactically and flexible, plays attacking football and IS AMBITIOUS.

Paul_Scholes18

Isn’t it remarkable how standards have changed.
That is what pressure does to some.
Others go mental and attacks everyone like Mourinho does.
LVG was just defending his philosophy like crazy under pressure too.
Pep is similar in that.
Klopp just says totally insanly defensive things to shift blame at times.
Ole is not alone for saying stupid things to the media during bad times or after bad moments.

Think we miss SAF who often seemed to be the master under pressure and also great at playing mindgames with his opponents.
Although that might have come with experience and age and feeling confident in his job.
I did not follow him when younger.
Anchelotti also seems very calm and cool in the storm. He got fired at Napoli after terrible results, but I thought he behaved well up to the very end.

Status
Not open for further replies.