Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

90 + 5min

Mate, you're mistaking "hate" for "passion". Nobody wishes ill or death upon Ole(except some Twatter bellends). Most of us in the Ole out camp just want to see our beloved club were it belongs, at the top.

This is why I am so vocal and critical of our current results, because we are headed in the opposite direction, fast.

And if we are going to sit here and do nothing, well.... nothing is going to change. And knowing Woodward, if fans are quiet he doesn't do anything. If fans are angry, he immediately tries to appease them. Granted, if he could make his decisions from a proactive stance rather than a reactive one, we wouldn't be in this mess in the first place. But that is a discussion for a another time.

Look I'm going to extend an olive branch here, and say that I see the appeal of supporting Ole and wishing for him to turn things round. I really do, but my pragmatic side sees that he simply doesn't have the ability to do so. Just like Lingard can't be Messi. You can have all the intentions you want, but if you're not good enough, you're not good enough.

Why can't we just look for a more experienced coach who encompass the United ethos. It's not like Ole is the only coach out there that gets what United is about. There are tons of coaches who promote youth, think long term, develop a clear and exciting style of play, you know coaches like Nagelsman, Rose, Ten Hag, hell even Pochettino. You know, young and up and coming coaches who show hunger and promise.

Hell, our very own Sir Alex was an up and coming manager who didn't have any connections with United whatsoever. But the man came here, fell in love with our club and now he is a legend and a fan. Just like Rio, Evra, Vidic, Cole, Yorke and I could go on and on.

My point is, you don't have to be from United to get United. The moment you step into the club our history and our traditions will do that for you. You just have to have the drive and the ability and the balls to be here and actually make it.
I said some, not all. There are some vocal fans in here that should try to write in a better and nicer way. I actually like how you write this post. No namecalling, No strong words, No offensive language. If people wrote more like you I wouldn’t mind people wanting him out with if they can argue for it and back it up facts and understanding situation.

Don't chat shit, hate is a strong word.

Just because we want him out, doesn't mean we hate the guy. Jesus
Just go page for page back and I think you’ll understand more what I am saying.

Are you for real? I'm getting to the stage where I think you're just a WUM. The only person insulting anyone in this thread was another person who is Ole In. If you can't take legitimate criticism of the manager I'd suggest you stay out of the thread as its tedious seeing you make up stories and preach your peace and love bullshit.
So, if you don’t think as I do suddenly you are WUM? That is one of the problems. And it is not far from namecalling and so on. What we see almost everyday.

Typing ”bullshit” and words like that just makes my case more valid.

b82REZ

I said some, not all. There are some vocal fans in here that should try to write in a better and nicer way. I actually like how you write this post. No namecalling, No strong words, No offensive language. If people wrote more like you I wouldn’t mind people wanting him out with if they can argue for it and back it up facts and understanding situation.

Just go page for page back and I think you’ll understand more what I am saying.

So, if you don’t think as I do suddenly you are WUM? That is one of the problems. And it is not far from namecalling and so on. What we see almost everyday.

Typing ”bullshit” and words like that just makes my case more valid.
You're on the internet, mate. If you can't cope with odd swear word this forum is probably not for you.

The way you twist everything into some sort of insult towards Solskjaer or other pro Ole posters is weird as well. You constantly claim that people that have voted out are rude and abusive when that is clearly not the case. In fact over the past few pages I've seen numerous posts flagged for inappropriate name calling and each one of them was someone defending Ole.

90 + 5min

You're on the internet, mate. If you can't cope with odd swear word this forum is probably not for you.

The way you twist everything into some sort of insult towards Solskjaer or other pro Ole posters is weird as well. You constantly claim that people that have voted out are rude and abusive when that is clearly not the case. In fact over the past few pages I've seen numerous posts flagged for inappropriate name calling and each one of them was someone defending Ole.
Posts don’t have to be flagged to be concidered inappropriate. If you think that it is ok to call people clueless, idiots, s*its then we have different messaure what is ok or not ok. For me it is hate when it is a daily thing.
Being on internet doesn’t take away that we should behave like normal humans.

Wolfmother

Supports
Man Utd

Yes this is the internet. On what could be a fantastic football platform.

if you can’t see how bad it has become, how bad the rhetoric is and how little people put their opinions forward with substance... WOW,..
Really? Are you having a laugh? I think there is a post every 30 second saying if you believe in what Ole is building you are a wum, an idiot and so on. It is really embarrassing. I would never report a post. Not for abuse or anything. So making the assumption there is a valid point in pointing out reported posts, well. It only point out how weak some are. Can dish it out, but can’t take it back. There is no doubt the rhetoric his killing this place. No doubt.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
They're hardly going to give him £50+ million for Fernandes, sanction a move for Ighalo and then sack him a week later. Those thinking he's going anywhere in the foreseeable future are mistaken. They're clearly willing to stick with him. He's certainly not going this season.
That would be like turning up outside your gf’s house in your new Porsche with your new girlfriend in the front seat:lol::lol:

only thing that gives me hope he still might get sacked by the end of the season is that they spent big on Mata in January

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
That would be like turning up outside your gf’s house in your new Porsche with your new girlfriend in the front seat:lol::lol:

only thing that gives me hope he still might get sacked by the end of the season is that they spent big on Mata in January
Just a hope but maybe Ed thinks that Bruno will be good player for any manager. Or ( and this is wild dream) he is in touch with Poch and Poch said ok to Bruno.

As i said; clutching at straws here

INeedAbsynthe

Supports
Liverpool
Just because you have some other problems doesn’t justify keeping another a problem.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
Oh cool. Point is - we have a bloke in charge who knows a Utd player when he see's one, as opposed to having some checkbook messiah clown in charge who pretends he knows what he's doing, but who is only after the cash
But 5-6 transfer windows are what he needs ?

b82REZ

Yes this is the internet. On what could be a fantastic football platform.

if you can’t see how bad it has become, how bad the rhetoric is and how little people put their opinions forward with substance... WOW,..
Really? Are you having a laugh? I think there is a post every 30 second saying if you believe in what Ole is building you are a wum, an idiot and so on. It is really embarrassing. I would never report a post. Not for abuse or anything. So making the assumption there is a valid point in pointing out reported posts, well. It only point out how weak some are. Can dish it out, but can’t take it back. There is no doubt the rhetoric his killing this place. No doubt.
The rhetoric is bad because the team is so bad. Of course people are going to complain about things as we are witnessing a devastating fall from grace. The manager deserves to be scrutinised as despite what many say there is no clear direction or signs of improvement.

And just to clarify posts get flagged as inappropriate when an admin sees it, but people are well within their rights to report posts they find offensive. The point I was making that there seems to be an agenda to paint Ole Out supporters has confrontational and aggressive when in reality the opposite is true.

Paul_Scholes18

The rhetoric is bad because the team is so bad. Of course people are going to complain about things as we are witnessing a devastating fall from grace. The manager deserves to be scrutinised as despite what many say there is no clear direction or signs of improvement.

And just to clarify posts get flagged as inappropriate when an admin sees it, but people are well within their rights to report posts they find offensive. The point I was making that there seems to be an agenda to paint Ole Out supporters has confrontational and aggressive when in reality the opposite is true.
It gets agressive since people are angry and upset on both sides. Noone can have enjoyed January. Been a terrible month for us. 4/15 points in the league.
Only positive is that we got Bruno in the end, but we also lost Rashford.
Also we are still in the Fa cup so that gives us hope to do something this season. Although we are probably 5th favorite at the moment in that to put it kindly so the odds are probably as bad as winning the europa league.

Some think Ole can turn it around based on hope and wishes for improvements behind the scenes. Other think we are doomed based on how poor we play and are run from the top down unless we act and change the manager, board or both.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name

That's some serious observation failure - how many of the Ole Out crowd have been labelled WUM's or Trolls, or both?

RedBanker

I love you Ole
So has the result of the poll and thereby the opinion of the clear majority of the Caf been forwarded to Ed and the Glazers yet?

Lt. Deckard

Our team is much better than it looks despite the absence of important key players. I think OGS would be better off if Pogba, McTominay and Rashy had been on the pitch more often.
But excuses don't count and if they'd brought in another key midfielder last summer, we wouldn't be in fifth place and having discussions about the team or coach.
In the "now" situation, one thing is clear to me: OGS doesn't have the professional qualities and, above all, not the experience to get this weakened team back on track. And for the situation "future" unfortunately not either. Because what no one here ever addresses or mentions is that our entire trainer team consists of unique inexperience. Phelan I clearly exclude, but OGS hardly talks to him during a game for maybe tactical reactions. But there are 3 inexperienced youngsters sitting on the sidelines, like I haven't even seen at Ajax. So who is going to give our team the right guidelines in the end? I honestly don't know and you can't blame either of these two parts. I blame it on the management of the club, because the team and coach are doing their best, but this combination just doesn't work. Unfortunately.
So let's pray that Bruno will strike and that Pogba will be able to contribute to the team's good looks before he leaves in summer. Maybe with fourth place, because our competition is as inconsistent as we are.

Anustart89

Our team is much better than it looks despite the absence of important key players. I think OGS would be better off if Pogba, McTominay and Rashy had been on the pitch more often.
But excuses don't count and if they'd brought in another key midfielder last summer, we wouldn't be in fifth place and having discussions about the team or coach.
In the "now" situation, one thing is clear to me: OGS doesn't have the professional qualities and, above all, not the experience to get this weakened team back on track. And for the situation "future" unfortunately not either. Because what no one here ever addresses or mentions is that our entire trainer team consists of unique inexperience. Phelan I clearly exclude, but OGS hardly talks to him during a game for maybe tactical reactions. But there are 3 inexperienced youngsters sitting on the sidelines, like I haven't even seen at Ajax. So who is going to give our team the right guidelines in the end? I honestly don't know and you can't blame either of these two parts. I blame it on the management of the club, because the team and coach are doing their best, but this combination just doesn't work. Unfortunately.
So let's pray that Bruno will strike and that Pogba will be able to contribute to the team's good looks before he leaves in summer. Maybe with fourth place, because our competition is as inconsistent as we are.
Of course he would've, but if you go one step further and ask yourself why they're not contributing it comes down to Ole's decisions.

He himself has said that he has the support of the board and that ins and outs in the squad are his choices. Therefore, due to his own decision to trim the squad (and then not making up the numbers with youngsters or signings), he's ran the squad into the ground. Pogba's injury was exacerbated by him playing against Rochdale. McTominay was supposedly left on against Wolves while carrying a knock and Rashford was obviously injured when Ole put him on to salvage a win in the 4th round of the FA cup.

Now, obviously we can't turn back time, do those things differently and tell whether they'd be fit today, but chances are one of them might actually be able to contribute to the team at this stage of the season.

bonothom

Now 4 points behind Sheff United. Utterly pathetic. But of course Sheff Utd have a better squad than us, obviously. Here's a thing, where would Sheff Utd be if Solskjaer was in charge? About where they are now? Nope, they would be bottom 3 and battling relegation.

bonothom

Can't believe that nearly 30% still want to back this idiot. They can't be United fans. I would say about 25% are rival supporters.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Ole will become DOF and Poch will be appointed. Top 4 or not I am convinced this will happen.

Anustart89

Now 4 points behind Sheff United. Utterly pathetic. But of course Sheff Utd have a better squad than us, obviously. Here's a thing, where would Sheff Utd be if Solskjaer was in charge? About where they are now? Nope, they would be bottom 3 and battling relegation.
And then everyone would say "He had a squad full of Championship players, what was he supposed to do? He had to sign seven Solbakken clients to make it his own team and just wasn't given enough time to succeed".

90 + 5min

Can't believe that nearly 30% still want to back this idiot. They can't be United fans. I would say about 25% are rival supporters.
Another comment from hate-side. Everyday. Nothing less than hate. Calling our manager idiot and making it like there are few who are still thinking that it takes time to make changes.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
He is a lot of things but he is not an idiot. And i am not saying this as some morale police who doesn't like insults or swearing( well i don't but..). Ole is very smart guy. One of most intelligent managers in the world i would say. And i am not joking here.

He is league 1 manager who is now more over the year manager of one of the biggest clubs in the world and is payed 20 times more than he would be payed somewhere else. Despite awful results and performances he is still manager because he managed to sell story to Glazers, Ed and fans how this is long long term project.
Do you think that it is coincidence why he after every bloody game throws some phrase about future and things like that? No, he is doing that with the reason. He knows that he is not good enough for this job and totally out of depth but he is doing world class PR job to stay here.

Look at first option in the poll. It decreased in last seven days. After shambolic results he gets even more support.

hobbers

Ole is very smart guy. One of most intelligent managers in the world i would say. And i am not joking here.
To be fair the only truly smart thing he's done is con the board and some of the fans with his nonsensical "cultural rebuild" spiel.

Haven't seen anything that I would class as intelligent from him as far as football management goes.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
To be fair the only truly smart thing he's done is con the board and some of the fans with his nonsensical "cultural rebuild" spiel.

Haven't seen anything that I would class as intelligent from him as far as football management goes.
That was my point.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Ole will become DOF and Poch will be appointed. Top 4 or not I am convinced this will happen.
Please keep Ole out of the Club. He can be a club ambassador and stuff. I'd much rather see VDS as DOF. Even though Solskjær was a great player for us and scored the most important winner in our history, he was still mostly our 3rd or 4th choice striker. He's not one of the greats of his generation even as a player.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Another comment from hate-side. Everyday. Nothing less than hate. Calling our manager idiot and making it like there are few who are still thinking that it takes time to make changes.
Time will not make Solskjær a good manager.

He’s massively out of his depth and this will probably go down as the stupidest managerial appointment in our history.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Chelsea (A)
Watford (H)
Everton (A)
City (H)
Tottenham (A)

The "smaller" sides in the next 5 have managers capable of hurting us (one played us off the park already). If we draw/lose against Watford & Everton together, the City game is going to be torturous to watch.

Paul_Scholes18

Chelsea (A)
Watford (H)
Everton (A)
City (H)
Tottenham (A)

The "smaller" sides in the next 5 have managers capable of hurting us (one played us off the park already). If we draw/lose against Watford & Everton together, the City game is going to be torturous to watch.
Yeah will be hard. I think 1,3,1 will be our results. Think we will beat Watford even if they are a side we struggle against.
Chelsea feels like a draw without Rashford. Everton a draw.
The last two we will take one point from I think. Although City depend on the team they and us got.
If they start rotating more we could maybe win it if we are clinical.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Yeah will be hard. I think 1,3,1 will be our results. Think we will beat Watford even if they are a side we struggle against.
Chelsea feels like a draw. Everton a draw.
The last two we will take one point from I think. Although City depend on the team they and us got.
If they start rotating more we could maybe win it if we are clinical.
If we draw 2 and win 1, I think its possible we drop below Wolves and/or Arsenal.

Paul_Scholes18

If we draw 2 and win 1, I think its possible we drop below Wolves and/or Arsenal.
Arsenal seem to draw a lot too. Wolves loves to draw as well. They might have 1 win, 4 draw and stuff like that too.

Arsenal have 4 draws in a row at the moment. I can't remember a streak like that for a top side.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Arsenal seem to draw a lot too. Wolves loves to draw as well. They might have 1 win, 4 draw and stuff like that too.

Arsenal have 4 draws in a row at the moment. I can't remember a streak like that for a top side.
Yeah, but I think Arsenal have been unlucky. They look like like it's going to turn eventually, which is the difference!

Paul_Scholes18

Yeah, but I think Arsenal have been unlucky. They look like like it's going to turn eventually, which is the difference!
Don't think they have been. Sheffield deserved a point. Auba red was maybe unlucky, but also stupid.
They did well to get a point vs Chelsea with 10 men.
Against Burnley they didn't deserve to really win.

They will have some easier fixtures now at home though so that might help.
Newcastle at home should be a win. Everton at home should also be a win even if they have done well under Anchelotti.

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

To be honest 8th is a fair indictment of how this season has gone. Its damning, and people will deny it, but it's probably the fairest.

I would have took at the start of the year if that meant serious game time for the likes of Garner and Gomes. Crazy that we are crying out for creativity and never gave either a genuine shot.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Chelsea (A)
Watford (H)
Everton (A)
City (H)
Tottenham (A)

We will beat Watford and lose 3. It will all depend on that 5th game which can be some lucky draw or win like we had already this season few times.
If we lose 4, he will be fired. No matter how good we do in EL or FA cup.

hobbers

Spend over £200m to finish 8th... what a grand achievement that would be.

Technically still the biggest achievement of Ole's managerial career.

bonothom

There is no bigger pile of crap in Football talk than "it takes time to make changes" or "transition period". I'm sorry but it's utter bollox. This is just an excuse for a team being piss poor and being coached and managed by personnel that's not good enough I look at what Chelsea did as soon as Abramovich took over, near instant success and City after the take over, top 4 from nowhere, title challengers from then on. Inter Milan this season, got a top mamager in bought some players and are now title challengers. Last season they finished 21 points behind Juve. Where's the transition period? The "time for new players to bed in"? "Football is cyclical" is another saying that really irritates. Tell that to Real Madrid or Barcelona. I can't remember the last time they were languishing in 8th place the fans accepting pure shite from the team they support.

Status
Not open for further replies.