Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fooza

What on Earth are you blabbing on about. Stop being a drama queen.

Nobody hates Ole, Nobody’s jealous.

He’s just not a very good manager and we can do better.
Yepp, time will tell. Today I've realised even getting top 4 doesn't cement anything, it's far from it. How will Ole rotate next year if we end with CL and challenging on all 4 competition. Can he cope? A lot of questions still need to be asked, and a lot Ole still needs to prove.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Performances like these makes it very hard to back him, cowardly performance, terrible game management. Our players were exhausted and few more mins they would have fainted, somehow Ole thought it was good idea not to use his subs at all.
Players are tired. But so all others in other clubs. And we didn't look good from the start. This was not just that fatigue. Game preparation was bad. You underestimate manager's influence in morale area.

SAFMUTD

Fred & McTominay have shown vs Spurs, Norwich, Southampton, Palace (McTominay) & Chelsea (Fred) that they can’t be trusted. Also the offer nothing from the bench when we’re going for a win, I don’t think Lingard has a prem goal or assist this season, Mata should have been let go at the end of last season, which leaves Ighalo who’s only going to be as good as the service into him
Well I disagree, they may not be world class players but sure they should be good enough to be squad players, specially Fred. Or what do we want? a 25 man squad full of worldclass players? Our bench its not much worse than anyones bar City. Ole is managing the team as if we were in an injury crisis and he has no choice but to keep playing the same players over and over again. Zero squad managment.

RollieOle

If Ole gets top 4 in his first full season that will be a massive achievement. He has already shown more than enough to keep his job, so much so there is no debate to be had about it. He will be here next season. Could you imagine this forum the first couple of seasons of Fergie's first years in charge.

SAFMUTD

That's excusing poor errors from players who are seasoned pros. Pogba hasn't looked tired, he's looked like he can't be half arsed in this last 3 games.
Then change him, can't blame only the players when the manager persist with the same players over and over again. Not performing? then sub him.

This is not a thing of Ole being let down, its more about Ole being carried by the same players in that patch. Specially carried by Bruno.

Stookie

Nurse bell end
He had the opportunity to rotate against Chelsea based on which players actually needed a rest the most, and he completely failed to. He had the opportunity to use the subs bench tonight and, like in most other matches, he underused his subs and waited past the 80th minute when the outcome was already decided.

Bruno and Rashford's performances are largely on Ole not giving them a minute's rest.
Rashford has been poor since the restart. Prior to that he had 3 month off.

90 + 5min

What on Earth are you blabbing on about. Stop being a drama queen.

Nobody hates Ole, Nobody’s jealous.

He’s just not a very good manager and we can do better.
Are you sure? You haven't read this thread after games that we don't win until next win?

You think the people being critical are jealous of Ole? That makes no sense.
If people come with right arguments then no problem but you can clearly see what lot of people write?

Foxbatt

I have always said his game management is poor. It's something inherent. Either you have it or you don't. Today he should have taken Pogba off midway in the second half. He should have brought on Fred because he would give the energy.
I have to say regrettably I don't think we are going to beat Leicester.
He has taken us as far as he can.

He'sRaldo

If people come with right arguments then no problem but you can clearly see what lot of people write?
Are there any arguments you will accept? I've seen very valid ones even from Ole-inners, so if you're not seeing them that means you can't accept any argument against Ole.

dove

If Ole gets top 4 in his first full season that will be a massive achievement. He has already shown more than enough to keep his job, so much so there is no debate to be had about it. He will be here next season. Could you imagine this forum the first couple of seasons of Fergie's first years in charge.
He has shown what exactly? Our points total in the league is embarrassing, getting TOP 4 with the squad like ours is not an achievement, it's a basic minimum that should be required from any manager FFS. I like the job he is doing with the squad building and the general atmosphere at the club but he is just clearly not a good enough manager.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
This

cyberman

I have always said his game management is poor. It's something inherent. Either you have it or you don't. Today he should have taken Pogba off midway in the second half. He should have brought on Fred because he would give the energy.
He did that v Southampton. It backfired and got shit for it

RollieOle

Its a good thing that he has managed his squad so well over the past 13 league games, that we are unbeaten in, that we do not even need to beat Leicester to get top 4. Just a draw will do.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
To be fair winning 2-1 changed nothing as Leicester have to beat us either way and we'd only have a one goal advantage.

I think they played safe in the end as we can at least draw and qualify now.
It would’ve changed things since then we could afford to lose against Leicester and still be above Chelsea if they fail to win one of their games.

edgecutter

With the money spent, top 4 handed to us on a plate, Chelsea with a transfer ban, Spurs taking on Jose and falling apart, buying Leicester's 'best' player, and Arsenal being Arsenal the revisionism of Ole's reign this year is becoming annoying. Our points tally this year shows we are way off even competing for the league which should be our bread and butter, we will not compete with City or Pool with Ole in charge. How can anyone see Ole getting us to 90 points a season when he has struggled to get to the 60 mark?

paulscholes18

Well I disagree, they may not be world class players but sure they should be good enough to be squad players, specially Fred. Or what do we want? a 25 man squad full of worldclass players? Our bench its not much worse than anyones bar City. Ole is managing the team as if we were in an injury crisis and he has no choice but to keep playing the same players over and over again. Zero squad managment.
No just players who are useful with the ball at their feet,
Fred & Mctominay are better off the ball than on it also neither are DMs so they don’t fit the way Ole wants to play. But Ole looks like he wants to turn Mctominay into Matic’s replacement.
Grealish would be a fine player to have on the beach, good on the ball and can play in different positions

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Players are tired. But so all others in other clubs. And we didn't look good from the start. This was not just that fatigue. Game preparation was bad. You underestimate manager's influence in morale area.
No idea why is this the reply to my post.

SAFMUTD

No just players who are useful with the ball at their feet,
Fred & Mctominay are better off the ball than on it also neither are DMs so they don’t fit the way Ole wants to play. But Ole looks like he wants to turn Mctominay into Matic’s replacement.
Grealish would be a fine player to have on the beach, good on the ball and can play in different positions
Agree on Grealish, and while Fred and Mctominay are not offensive players they for sure should be enough to be getting minutes when having Pogba and Bruno jogging on the pitch due to fatigue.

led_scholes

If we fail to qualify is 100% his fault. He didn't rotate at all, and he seems that he believes our squad have 11 players only. Imo, he has wrongly ditched Fred, who carried us for half the season.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Depth isn’t good enough. Today, my only criticism is the late subs. Ighalo should have been on sooner. Midfield needed freshening up too.
This excuse is rubbish. We are behaving like we have championship players on the bench. Yes, we don't have quality on bench like City, Barca, Real and yes, we need few more quality players there but we have enough to rotate and beat most of teams against we played after restart.
His decision was to manage team like he did. He is a manager. He needs to find a way to rotate.

He has shown what exactly? Our points total in the league is embarrassing, getting TOP 4 with the squad like ours is not an achievement, it's a basic minimum that should be required from any manager FFS. I like the job he is doing with the squad building and the general atmosphere at the club but he is just clearly not a good enough manager.
The aim was top 4 - not top 4 with 80 points.

The state United have been in recent years means the end justifies the means at the moment.

Nobody can knock Ole if we secure top 4 - having already got rid of a lot of dead wood, made great signings and successfully brought in youth players.

We are heading in the right direction, after years of going in the wrong direction.

Mainoldo

:lol: We get to third and the knives are out

I'm baffled no big clubs are scouting the caf though, since we apparently have an abundance of top class managers here
Don’t moan when we play exactly the same next season with Sancho and Grealish and your blaming players again.

dove

The aim was top 4 - not top 4 with 80 points.

The state United have been in recent years means the end justifies the means at the moment.

Nobody can knock Ole if we secure top 4 - having already got rid of a lot of dead wood, made great signings and successfully brought in youth players.

We are heading in the right direction, after years of going in the wrong direction.
I know that and I know that we are going to have to rely on Chelsea losing their both remaining games as we are 100% losing against Leicester. I just don't think Ole is capable of getting us 80+ points, he is terrible at anything to do with actual management. I said a few times that I like his ideas about how our squad should look but I don't believe he is the man to actually win us something.

You defended him so expect a retort
As I've said.... you claim Pogba isn't tired. I said Pogba hasn't played all year then chucked in for 3 games a week for a month - top level sport has small margins, even a slight drop off makes a difference.

And once again, this isn't the Pogba thread. So if you want to moan about Pogba lets at least do it in the right place.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Yepp, time will tell. Today I've realised even getting top 4 doesn't cement anything, it's far from it. How will Ole rotate next year if we end with CL and challenging on all 4 competition. Can he cope? A lot of questions still need to be asked, and a lot Ole still needs to prove.
He should be given that chance if he gets top 4. That’ll be the real acid test of his management skills.

Rafaeldagold

:lol: We get to third and the knives are out

I'm baffled no big clubs are scouting the caf though, since we apparently have an abundance of top class managers here
Yawn. Very boring Ole in no matter what spinning a shite gutless performance at home against West Ham as great.

I’d probably take half the caf over Ole so you’re right there

Status
Not open for further replies.