Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

90 + 5min

There you go. Two different managers... different results. Why? Was it time or just the simple fact one was shite and one was world class?
Different results? In what way? Klopp didn't won anything in the begining. It took him 4 years to win his first trophy. Let us wait 2 more years to see if we get same results.

Mainoldo

Different results? In what way? Klopp didn't won anything in the begining. It took him 4 years to win his first trophy. Let us wait 2 more years to see if we get same results.
F no. Klopp got to 2 finals in his first half a year. Top 4 second year. Champions league final third year and a close title challenged and the actual Champions league.

Ole is not doing nothing that impressive even if we gave him a decade. He might get one FA cup.

FatherWolff

It's always anyone's elses fault but ole.

For the record i give him this year. But it still doesnt look good if we dont even have a solid system after 2 years under ole
Great! I
There you go. Two different managers... different results. Why? Was it time or just the simple fact one was shite and one was world class?
How much do you really know about comparison on Ole and Klopp? Football contain a great deal of theoretical approach and study. Where exactly are they different? How are they different in their philosophy of football? You are seperating them on merits and time in management, and that’s fair enough. But there is more to it. At least if you are running a football club. Did you know that Ole have a closer relationship than Klopp to some of Klopp’s teachers? You keep on hating, but in reality you don’t know anything about what goes on behind closed doors. People are even questioning if the players are dedicated to him on here. I think some of you should have some self respect. Respect for Ole and the players. He managed to get third place. Surely that count for something playing Pereira and Lingard? Even in the haters world?

90 + 5min

F no. Klopp got to 2 finals in his first half a year. Top 4 second year. Champions league final third year and a close title challenged and the actual Champions league.

Ole is not doing nothing that impressive even if we gave him a decade. He might get one FA cup.
So he won... nothing.

It was clear what he wanted and that took time. I'm not taking anything from him but it took time. That is why I say, give Solskjaer time. Coming 3rd behind two top teams (when everyone said 4th is enough) and getting to semi in every other competition is not progress from previous seasons? Scoring more goals and conciding less from previous seasons is not progress?

Karlos PFC

I've pretty much always maintained that for a top club, it's the players who are responsible for getting results against the bottom sides, and the manager who is responsible for getting results against the top sides
Nice one :lol:

R'hllor

They kept Klopp for four years without winning anything despite buying and buying. And suddenly he is the best out there. People in here would be demanding Pochettino or Nagelsmann after first year.
Good lord

Withnail

Stop defending the indefensible the quality of my posts are better than the quality of our uselessness overrated over privileged manager. No one rates him in the football world realistically everyone thinks he’s out f his depth apart from you and the rest of your crew who all wear ole shirts to bed probably. GIVE IT UP he is useless
Not in a million years mate :lol:

KalleKlovn

You have to take into account that Klopp had bought 26 new players after being in the job for as long as Ole is now.

Absolutely insane to compare these managers against each other when their assumptions are like comparing heaven and hell.

Withnail

Let's be honest here. Ole is out of his depth. Compare him to Arteta, Nagelsman. These young up-and-coming managers were able to apply their pattern of play. They were able to improve their teams and players. Under Ole, players mostly only get worse. Look at Maguire, Bruno, Pogba, Wan-Bissaka, Rashford. They all regressed after some time under his coaching.
Absolute nonsense from start to finish.

Arteta has achieved the sum total of feck all. Arsenal were mid-table before the lockdown and continued that form with no improvement after the lockdown.
Where is the evidence he's this brilliant manager?

Are you trying to claim those players have regressed on the evidence of the first few matches were our players, like City's, aren't fully match fit yet?

Or do you think City's players have all regressed too?

Last edited:

Mainoldo

Great! I

How much do you really know about comparison on Ole and Klopp? Football contain a great deal of theoretical approach and study. Where exactly are they different? How are they different in their philosophy of football? You are seperating them on merits and time in management, and that’s fair enough. But there is more to it. At least if you are running a football club. Did you know that Ole have a closer relationship than Klopp to some of Klopp’s teachers? You keep on hating, but in reality you don’t know anything about what goes on behind closed doors. People are even questioning if the players are dedicated to him on here. I think some of you should have some self respect. Respect for Ole and the players. He managed to get third place. Surely that count for something playing Pereira and Lingard? Even in the haters world?
I was talking about football management. You responded with some type of humanity speech. Not surprised by an Ole decibel though. Add it to the bow of excuses.

He did not get 3rd place playing Pereira and Lingard and If you believe that so what. Pep won a title with Fabian Delph at LB. Klopp got to a Champions League final twice in a row with Jordan Henderson. Stop making excuses.

AshRK

Absolute nonsense from start to finish.

Arteta has achieved the sum total of feck all. Arsenal were mid-table before the lockdown and continued that form with no improvement after the lockdown.
Where is the evidence he's this brilliant manager?

Are you trying to claim those players have regressed on the evidence of the first few matches were our players, like City's, aren't fully match fit yet?

Or do you think City's players have all regressed too?
Arteta being a brilliant manager is one of the biggest myths. From being a no one he has become the most hyped manager in no time just because he parked the bus and won the FA cup. His style of football is boring. The big credit I will give him is he has made arsenal hard to beat.

Withnail

I was talking about football management. You responded with some type of humanity speech. Not surprised by an Ole decibel though. Add it to the bow of excuses.

He did not get 3rd place playing Pereira and Lingard and If you believe that so what. Pep won a title with Fabian Delph at LB. Klopp got to a Champions League final twice in a row with Jordan Henderson. Stop making excuses.
So Lingard and Pereira didn't feature in 22 and 25 league games last season, respectively?

Also are you claiming Jordan Henderson is as bad as Lingard or Pereira?

FatherWolff

Not really. It was about fotball management. And their philosophy. They might be closer than people think. Who knows if Ole will be as good or even better than Klopp one day. Ole has deserved his time, and still does. People making short sighted assumptions doesn’t change that, and I doesn’t help the club either. Have you ever tried looking at it like you are the one making excuses? What are you afraid of? We just finished third. And we did it with Lindgard and Pereira, wether you like it or not. And we did it with the youngest squad in the league.
Let’s see what happens! You have no idea, and you are not that good in your analysis. They are pretty simplistic most of the times.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sultan

Mainoldo

You have to take into account that Klopp had bought 26 new players after being in the job for as long as Ole is now.

Absolutely insane to compare these managers against each other when their assumptions are like comparing heaven and hell.
So if Ole had 26 new players we could compare them?

You being sarcastic? You got me if you are.

AshRK

What a difference manager makes in assessing the situation :lol:

With the existing midtable players, we signed Maguire from midtable team, AWB from bottom half team, James from championship and Bruno from Portuguese league.

Anyways, I don't agree with any of the posts, we have good enough squad and we had good enough squad under Jose too. It's hilarious how Jose fans have changed their opinions completely from "it's the players who are fecking shit" to "Players are good, it's manager's fault, he had 18 months" when we have almost same players and even lost players like Lukaku, Herrera

Btw I don't think Ole will be good enough to take us to next level, we should be looking at managers who are capable of that. Not this season but we shouldn't be thinking too much long term with Ole.
This is great. You showed him the mirror and he never bothered to respond to your post. :lol:

Mainoldo

So Lingard and Pereira didn't feature in 22 and 25 league games last season, respectively?

Also are you claiming Jordan Henderson is as bad as Lingard or Pereira?
Is that a combined total? We was rubbish until we got Bruno and when Bruno came I don’t remember those two playing much games. Therefore he didn’t have his upturn carrying those players like the poster is trying to claim. We didn’t get 3rd carrying Lingard and Andreas in the first 11.

Also if Henderson played for us he’d look as good as Scott McTominay.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Oh! SO, you believe that all losses are because of tactics? Palace winning vs City and Utd, Watford vs Pool wins were because Klopp, Pep, etc. were worse tactically on the given day?

These are fecking humans. They'll have good days and bad days, just like any other person. The players just didn't have a good day vs Palace, and it's quite obvious that the lack of match fitness did play a part there

AshRK

@Mainoldo Asking out of curiosity, If you really care about this club how come you are not active in the Woodward out thread like you are here. You must have posted more than 100 critical comments about Ole here in last 4 months alone but I doubt you have even posted 10 comments which solely criticizes the board and glazers.

I get you feel Ole is a problem and not good enough but how come you don't feel the same about the board or do you feel it is Ole who is the sole problem and replace him with poch or tuchel and we will become world beaters and win CL and PL.

KalleKlovn

So if Ole had 26 new players we could compare them?

You being sarcastic? You got me if you are.
I understand. You do not see the difference between a manager getting the players he wants and not.
Of course Ole should have delivered at least as good as Klopp. He should have done like Klopp ..... oh wait

Withnail

Is that a combined total? We was rubbish until we got Bruno and when Bruno came I don’t remember those two playing much games. Therefore he didn’t have his upturn carrying those players like the poster is trying to claim. We didn’t get 3rd carrying Lingard and Andreas in the first 11.

Also if Henderson played for us he’d look as good as Scott McTominay.
No it's not a combined total.

Lingard 9(13)
Pereira 18(7)

They featured in a significant number of games last season and the other poster referred to that. Saying we finished in third whole playing Lingard and Pereira is true, whether you remember it or not or whether you only count the games after Bruno came in.

Bruno only featured in 14 games which is a bit more than a third of the season.

EDIT: Your point on Henderson is absolute nonsense and hyperbole but I've learnt by now you don't actually deal in facts.

Karlos PFC

Oh! SO, you believe that all losses are because of tactics? Palace winning vs City and Utd, Watford vs Pool wins were because Klopp, Pep, etc. were worse tactically on the given day?

These are fecking humans. They'll have good days and bad days, just like any other person. The players just didn't have a good day vs Palace, and it's quite obvious that the lack of match fitness did play a part there
No mate, it's a combination of the two.

I can't blame Ole for Pogba not running (not totally anyway), but I can blame him when the players have the ball and don't have a fecking clue what to do with it.

Mainoldo

@Mainoldo Asking out of curiosity, If you really care about this club how come you are not active in the Woodward out thread like you are here. You must have posted more than 100 critical comments about Ole here in last 4 months alone but I doubt you have even posted 10 comments which solely criticizes the board and glazers.

I get you feel Ole is a problem and not good enough but how come you don't feel the same about the board or do you feel it is Ole who is the sole problem and replace him with poch or tuchel and we will become world beaters and win CL and PL.
Woodward isn’t going so I don’t know why people bother. Also if Woodward goes so does Ole. My status on structure is simple too. If the best structures won the league clubs like Southampton and Leicester would run our league but they don’t. Clubs like Newcastle and us would be struggling in the Championship but look where we are.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
No mate, it's a combination of the two.

I can't blame Ole for Pogba not running (not totally anyway), but I can blame him when the players have the ball and don't have a fecking clue what to do with it.
Fair enough, but in most of our games (the ones after Bruno came in), our players did know what to do. It's not an issue that has been happening every game, that you would say that the manager has no clue.

Like I said, the zombieball under LVG was a manager issue, as that was something that was happening every game - it wasn't the lack of quality that was holding us back under him, but the fact that it seemed obvious that the players would only make passes when they were sure that the pass would be completed. Under Ole, pre Bruno - the issue was lack of quality in final ball and the fact that the runners had no idea where to go because the quality of the delivery was inconsistent.

Post Bruno, you could see us having both. And vs Palace, it was neither as it was quite obvious that these players were clearly not fit.

Mainoldo

No it's not a combined total.

Lingard 9(13)
Pereira 18(7)

They featured in a significant number of games last season and the other poster referred to that. Saying we finished in third whole playing Lingard and Pereira is true, whether you remember it or not or whether you only count the games after Bruno came in.

Bruno only featured in 14 games which is a bit more than a third of the season.

EDIT: Your point on Henderson is absolute nonsense and hyperbole but I've learnt by now you don't actually deal in facts.
Withnail stop chatting wet to win an argument. We do not get third if we spent the majority of the last half of the season playing Lingard and Periera if it was achievable we wouldn’t have even needed to of added Bruno. It’s not a clear fair statement because it’s just not true.

How you rate Jordan Henderson is up to you. He got the writers player of the year so he has a lot of fans. Probably you include. I think he’s bang average.

AshRK

Woodward isn’t going so I don’t know why people bother. Also if Woodward goes so does Ole. My status on structure is simple too. If the best structures won the league clubs like Southampton and Leicester would run our league but they don’t. Clubs like Newcastle and us would be struggling in the Championship but look where we are.
But even ole is not going anywhere atleast not for another season then why do you bother continuously criticizing him and asking for his head. My point was I hardly see you in the Woodward out thread even criticize them but when it comes to Ole you just keep in bashing him. So you must feel sack Ole and we will win the league.

Mainoldo

But even ole is not going anywhere atleast not for another season then why do you bother continuously criticizing him and asking for his head. My point was I hardly see you in the Woodward out thread even criticize them but when it comes to Ole you just keep in bashing him. So you must feel sack Ole and we will win the league.
If Ole’s results have another turn for the worst like after PSG and the start of last season. He’ll be out.. and it wouldn’t surprise me knowing Ole’s record that we return to poor form.

Sorry I’m not criticising Woodward enough for your likening. But I get it I get very disappointed when guys that stand up for Ole don’t have that same energy for Pogba. Hey.. I’ll be happy to admit we all have agendas.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
He doesn’t deserve to be sacked, but the only way we get top 4 after this shambles of a window is if we bring in a truly world class manager and coaching staff.

If you take a chance on a manager like Ole then you fecking back him to the hilt in the transfer market. You fill the squad with top class players to cover the managers deficiencies.

We had a free run at a potentially elite level player that actually wanted to join us and the board have fecked it up. This will bite Ole on the arse big time as he will be the fall guy.

Mainoldo

I understand. You do not see the difference between a manager getting the players he wants and not.
Of course Ole should have delivered at least as good as Klopp. He should have done like Klopp ..... oh wait
Klopp didn’t want Mo Salah.

FatherWolff

People in here comparing Klopp to Ole, it really is unbelievable.
Not really. It’s the same every time. Inability to read context. But you might want to read their studies. Where one has won everything and other nothing isn’t really difficult to understand.

Foxbatt

I really don't understand the comparison about Klopp and Ole. And Klopp not winning anything for 4 years.
Ffs. The reason Klopp got the job was because he won the Bundesliga a couple of times and reached the CL Final with Dortmund.
I know Ole is not going to get sacked now unless at least we are mid table around Christmas time.
But is he good enough for Manchester United? I don't think so.

Withnail

Withnail stop chatting wet to win an argument. We do not get third if we spent the majority of the last half of the season playing Lingard and Periera if it was achievable we wouldn’t have even needed to of added Bruno. It’s not a clear fair statement because it’s just not true.

How you rate Jordan Henderson is up to you. He got the writers player of the year so he has a lot of fans. Probably you include. I think he’s bang average.
Well you see nobody claimed that was true. I was just pointing out that the two lads played a lot last year as you seemed unaware. In spite of this we still came third which was what the other poster referred to.

I don't rate Henderson that highly either to be honest. He can do a job but he's way ahead of where Scott is regardless of the manager and that's fine as he's a lot more experienced.

90 + 5min

He doesn’t deserve to be sacked, but the only way we get top 4 after this shambles of a window is if we bring in a truly world class manager and coaching staff.

If you take a chance on a manager like Ole then you fecking back him to the hilt in the transfer market. You fill the squad with top class players to cover the managers deficiencies.

We had a free run at a potentially elite level player that actually wanted to join us and the board have fecked it up. This will bite Ole on the arse big time as he will be the fall guy.
Free run? Do you mean Sancho? Well, more then £100 is not a free run. We would be mad paying that. I would be running away from it.

Good lord
Tell me more. Tell me what is wrong with that?
Did Klopp get time? Yes
Did he won anything in first years? No
Could you see development? Yes
Did he win first title after 4 years? Yes

So what is wrong with what I said?

Withnail

I really don't understand the comparison about Klopp and Ole. And Klopp not winning anything for 4 years.
Ffs. The reason Klopp got the job was because he won the Bundesliga a couple of times and reached the CL Final with Dortmund.
I know Ole is not going to get sacked now unless at least we are mid table around Christmas time.
But is he good enough for Manchester United? I don't think so.
Well yeah I think that gets the whole thing off-topic a little.

The comparison is only viable in the sense that any manager who gets his team into the top 4 in his first full season shouldn't be sacked.

As you say that won't be the case unless we're mid table by Christmas and, barring some covid related catastrophe, I don't think anyone who currently supports the manager would disagree with that.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Free run? Do you mean Sancho? Well, more then £100 is not a free run. We would be mad paying that. I would be running away from it.

Tell me more. Tell me what is wrong with that?
Did Klopp get time? Yes
Did he won anything in first years? No
Could you see development? Yes
Did he win first title after 4 years? Yes

So what is wrong with what I said?
Yes a free run, as in no other teams competing for his signature.

mav_9me

What are you talking about? Who the hell ever said best structures win the league? I can't believe you are even saying that. That is such nonsense.

Obviously those clubs don't have enough money. Even if they did have money, that doesn't automatically mean win the league if you have a sporting director. But to go from there to saying we don't need a footballing structure because teams with footballing structure don't run the league....

Just so you get it. You need money to start with, then you need the right person spending it. Which more often than not is not a fecking investment banker. That is where a proper structure sets you up for potential success. But that won't be enough. You still need the right people in that footballing structure to get it right. And then you need the right manager.

Guess where we are in that? We have money but we don't have people who know how to spend it.

Foxbatt

Well yeah I think that gets the whole thing off-topic a little.

The comparison is only viable in the sense that any manager who gets his team into the top 4 in his first full season shouldn't be sacked.

As you say that won't be the case unless we're mid table by Christmas and, barring some covid related catastrophe, I don't think anyone who currently supports the manager would disagree with that.
Yes this is Manchester United and we should always be in the top 4 aim. We are not a small club by any means.
I really don't understand why Woodward gave him the permanent job before the end of the season anyway. The fact Ole has not been supported this window is a mystery if he has the backing of the Board. Anyone should know we need more better players as others have strengthened their teams a lot better.

mav_9me

Anyway all this discussion is moot. We will finish out of top 4 and Ole will be sacked. My guess is he will be replaced by Ancelloti.

Status
Not open for further replies.