Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

laughtersassassin

A lot of journalists have started publucally questioning Ole in recent weeks, so I would imagine some sort of briefing has come from the club, or an agent is leaking info on talks.

Personally I do think the board will hold off until CL is off the table. While they acted early-ish with Jose, I think that was the exception and not the rule.

Woodward also won't want to upset any fans further and sacking a legend will definitely cause more backlash on him. I personally believe he's letting Ole make a rod for his own back before he pulls the trigger.
That would be so idiotic We are the worst we have ever been in recent history

James Ward

He has nothing to say. Pep and Klopp try to influence the game, because there is something to improve and do better, something you trained on or discussed prior to the game in detail. They have a style and plan.

If your manager tells you to go out and enjoy yourself, what should he say during the game? Come on lads, run more? Shoot? Score goals? We are doing the basics on the ground. Except for some special tactic here or there in the big games, there is nothing to really tell the players that they dont know or that needs to be addressed in detail.
He has nothing to say?? Come on.

If he was on the sideline he could of preventing that first goal at least last night.

I suppose its the difference between Klopp, Guardiola and Ole. Ole doesn't have the balls to roast the players during the game or give them other instructions when things aren't going our way.

It just shows how clueless he is. Ole would get the likes of Newcastle, West ham and Palace relegated if he was in charge of them.

NJM78

A lot of journalists have started publucally questioning Ole in recent weeks, so I would imagine some sort of briefing has come from the club, or an agent is leaking info on talks.

Personally I do think the board will hold off until CL is off the table. While they acted early-ish with Jose, I think that was the exception and not the rule.

Woodward also won't want to upset any fans further and sacking a legend will definitely cause more backlash on him. I personally believe he's letting Ole make a rod for his own back before he pulls the trigger.
That rod could be well and truly made by end of this month. He will be gone before Jose and it will be one thing I certainly won't bash Ed.

b82REZ

That would be so idiotic We are the worst we have ever been in recent history
I agree, but unfortunately neither you or I are making this decision.

Woodward created so much of this mess by hiring him when he did. He's backed himself into a corner with a fanbase that can't stand him. There's no way he fires Ole until we're mathematically out of the CL race, IMO.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Should be let go regardless of the Everton result.
This is the recurring problem. A win against Everton and we get the ‘where’s the Ole out brigade now?’ when the answer has always been ‘just taking that usual one week of the month off out of politeness’.

Enigma_87

You know who
Maybe you should all re-read my post. I was saying I think his time here is done. I think he's lost the dressing room, they don't believe anymore and I also don't think he's equipped at elite level.

I'm not however going to deny the fact that he did improve us like some of you like to do. Agenda-driven tinted-glasses maybe? Yes he improved us last season from his own results the season before. But why is it funny that he's improved his own results the following season? Surely you'd look for improvement year on year? Which is exactly why I think Ole's time is up now. He's not improved us on last season and if anything we've gone backwards.

However, feel free to pick out tiny snippets of a long post where I say his time is up, enjoy.
Because it's the yardstick you choose to compare what he has done. Results have been the same since he's here. He has ups and lows, where the lows are really bad and ups are generally what should be expected from a team that pours hundreds of millions and has the players we have.

Fast forward 3 years since Jose - we have a talented team that obviously can play a lot better but the next manager still has to invest a lot to look like his team.

AWB is not someone an attacking manager would relish at RB. Maguire I'd argue is bad fit for high line and with time can be even worse when he begins to lose pace. James is championship level player. Bruno looks good, but I'd question the fit alongside our midfield and generally would be an issue for the next manager to get the best of him when it comes to implementing his own formation and style.

Again - we have won zero under him, grown ever more inconsistent and have another batch of players that the next manager can't/won't use to the full potential.

He has no tactical value and it was evident since day one - we rely on individual brilliance, we can't cope with low block and our strength is packed at the back and counter teams that want to take something from the game or want to play attacking football.

Pack it at the back like Lampard did it and you have dull game with us devoid of ideas..

Our defence is in shambles since the start of the season - we concede chances for fun. Our attacking game - again devoid of ideas and relying on individual brilliance. So where did he take us exactly?

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
We've got all our manager appointments since SAF wrong. I'd be open to Poch.

Tony247

Most likely players knows he is getting sacked. May be that could be the reason their body language wasn't good during the match.

Gehrman

We are the only big club that's overly sentimental about changing managers probably because our most reigns of domination came under Busby and SAF, but lets be honest. If we sack Ole who is going to be giddy to sign him? It's nice he knows the club and all that, but how long are we going to cling to him for that reason?

Judas

Open to offers
Who would be your choice if Ole was sacked?
Rose, Nagelsmann or possibly Hassenhutl. Don't really like Poch's football or him as a character, just never warmed to him honestly. I'd back him when he gets the job, and hope he proves me massively wrong though.

Last edited:

Gehrman

Rose, Naggelsmann or possibly Hassenhutl. Don't really like Poch's football or him as a character, just never warmed to him honestly. I'd back him when he gets the job, and hope he proves me massively wrong though.
I wouldn't mind Nagelsmann or Rose either.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
He's not good enough for the job and always was. He has been saved here and there by individuals but overall the performances have been poor. Lots of low and we are in the middle of this.

He's been failed by some players fitness or mentality but ultimately he's not good enough.

We all love him but we must put aside our feelings towards him. We killed Mourinho, but he didn't had such poor games/results, and when he did, he got sacked.

CL is already compromised with so many teams above us. He should get the sack, clueless Woody should appoint Pochetino before PSG signs him

sugar_kane

I’m sad to say I can’t see it working under Ole and on this basis it’s probably right he goes, and maybe retains a role in the background of the club

He has been a positive aspects in many respects and it would be nice to keep that around, but on the pitch it’s looking irretrievably bad.

It’s so frustrating because another managerial change will inevitably mean another year of transition. How much longer do we as a club are we looking at before we’re back to where we should be.

Foxbatt

He has nothing to say. Pep and Klopp try to influence the game, because there is something to improve and do better, something you trained on or discussed prior to the game in detail. They have a style and plan.

If your manager tells you to go out and enjoy yourself, what should he say during the game? Come on lads, run more? Shoot? Score goals? We are doing the basics on the ground. Except for some special tactic here or there in the big games, there is nothing to really tell the players that they dont know or that needs to be addressed in detail.
He can do a Arry Redknapp and tell them to fecking run around at least.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Most likely players knows he is getting sacked. May be that could be the reason their body language wasn't good during the match.
Can you imagine how scary that is if its true? What it would say about this group of players and how self-serving they are? How our club is actually run?No manager can do anything with that.

Foxbatt

He has nothing to say?? Come on.

If he was on the sideline he could of preventing that first goal at least last night.

I suppose its the difference between Klopp, Guardiola and Ole. Ole doesn't have the balls to roast the players during the game or give them other instructions when things aren't going our way.

It just shows how clueless he is. Ole would get the likes of Newcastle, West ham and Palace relegated if he was in charge of them.
He did get Cardiff relegated.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
I suggested Ole for DOF last season before the lockdown. Overall we have the strongest squad we have had since Fergie, it just isnt coached right. Ole can oversee transfers in and out. Would be a good way to end his management and moving him 'upstairs' would be good for him as well not to be thrown out of the club he does love.
Can't see the point of bringing in an inexperienced manager at this level who let's face it, hasn't done very well only to move him on to another job he hasn't any experience in. One of our biggest problems after SAF is bringing in complete novices in all departments and hoping they'll become good. United shouldn't be used as a training ground for novices. I don't think it's arrogance saying it but a club of Uniteds standing in world football should always be looking for the best with no sentiment involved at all and the way it's looking the less affiliation they have with the club the better.

The only other person that's been involved with United I would bring in would be Van Der Sar who seems like a very articulated, intelligent footballing person who has a lot of respect in the footballing world and I'm sure could open a lot more doors than someone like Ole could.

OleBoiii

Should be let go regardless of the Everton result.
So provided we win against Everton you'd still be in favor of sacking a manager who is only 3 points behind top 4 and 6 points behind the leaders, with 31 games left to play? Yeah, that sounds reasonable..

laughtersassassin

So provided we win against Everton you'd still be in favor of sacking a manager who is only 3 points behind top 4 and 6 points behind the leaders, with 31 games left to play? Yeah, that sounds reasonable..
We would have 10 points from 7 games so yeah I'd say it's reasonable. We also have played awful in nearly every game this season.

How many have we even played well in? 1 in the league and 2 in the champions league?

We don't create any chances. We are in free fall at the minute. He is lucky to even be getting the Everton game.

romufc

I dont understand why fans are reading too much into this.

When we were in bad shape last December they done the same. Men are a puppet for media briefs from United. Surprise surprise these briefs come after a loss when the fans are angry.

We as fans always fall into this. It happens with the DoF as well.

We need to wait until the board actually decide to sack Ole, which could be end of the season

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c.../man-united-news-mauricio-pochettino-17352916

OleBoiii

We would have 10 points from 7 games so yeah I'd say it's reasonable.
So we could hypothetically be 1st, but if the points tally isn't satisfactory from a historic standpoint then it's 'bye bye'?

There's a Norwegian saying that goes something like this(paraphrasing): "it's only the final number on your receipt that matters". In the league, what matters is how good you are compared to your competitors in May. That's the beauty of it. We've had a very rough start, but it's way too early to conclude where we'll end up. Had we been more than 10 points behind top 4 with less than 20 games to play, then fair enough.

Judas

Open to offers

When we were in bad shape last December they done the same. Men are a puppet for media briefs from United. Surprise surprise these briefs come after a loss when the fans are angry.

We need to wait until the board actually decide to sack Ole, which could be end of the season

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c.../man-united-news-mauricio-pochettino-17352916
It's clearly put out there to gauge fan reactions though? It's purposefully done to see what fans think of Poch coming in.

Greck

Nov 2019 Poch wants United
Nov 2020 United want Poch

The only progress I see at the club right now

Tel074

Ole in Ole out its coming to a end . For the Editor of the Manchester evening news to break that we have made contact with Poch then it's come from the club . He has direct links inside United so someone inside the club wanted this out .
Is it time for Ole to go maybe it is but when the does go I for one as a match going fan will love what he's done post Mourinho

Shark

@NotShark

You do know situations and circumstances can change things though. Just because we've done this or that in the past doesn't mean we'll operate the same at present. All we can do is wait and see what unfolds but I'd not at all be surprised if United pull the trigger now. It's really bad.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.