Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Womp

idiot
He will inevitably end up being sacked. We are a Jose's United with better players. We are a decent team under him, but I have been convinced he lacks the coaching ability to get us competing for major honours consistently.

just4fun

He will inevitably end up being sacked. We are a Jose's United with better players. We are a decent team under him, but I have been convinced he lacks the coaching ability to get us competing for major honours consistently.
Sure. He has better players. Jose only had Zlatan and his junior crew.

wolvored

All this will he won't he get sacked rests on will he finish top 4 or not. As soon as that is clear that's your answer. The glazers are only interested in money. They are paying a manager half what mourinho was getting. They know all the fan base won't demand his head and some will blindly see no wrong whatever happens as he was a good ex player who scored the winning goal in oñe part of the treble. As soon as top 4 isn't reached though out the door he will go.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
All this will he won't he get sacked rests on will he finish top 4 or not. As soon as that is clear that's your answer. The glazers are only interested in money. They are paying a manager half what mourinho was getting. They know all the fan base won't demand his head and some will blindly see no wrong whatever happens as he was a good ex player who scored the winning goal in oñe part of the treble. As soon as top 4 isn't reached though out the door he will go.
Didn’t he miss out on Top 4 in his first (not full) season though?

wolvored

Didn’t he miss out on Top 4 in his first (not full) season though?
Every manager, bar Moyes has been given a season to settle in.
We got 3rd last season so although the football was all over the place, no consistancy, he hit the minimum requirement. If he does it again he will be retained and probably get another 2-3 year contract. Maybe if were in the top 4 in feb-mar they might gamble and renew. They got their fingers burnt with Jose though and maybe learned their lesson though.
As for Moyes, he took a title winning side and managed to massively feck up, so Deadwood, new in the job, had to pull the trigger.

jamesjimmybyrondean

I don’t like him but man.... Never heard the truth said so beautifully.
It's getting to the point in Ole's reign were it's no longer about if he's doing a good job but if he's good enough to win us titles. This is as a result of our squad becoming better thanks to him. After 10 years of management what has Ole done to clear doubts that he's good enough to win us titles? I would like to be proven wrong but from what I've seen I think the most likely outcome under Ole is that every season fans will be waiting for Ole to be backed to the point we have a squad as good as or better than the best in the league but it wouldn't happen. And that will be the excuse for when we are still just a top 4 team under Ole

Last edited:

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
I dont think ole got paid much less than mourinho. And manager wage is miniscule in the grand scheme of things. 100k per week is only 5m.

If you really think Ole's being hired just because he cost 1m less per year you're really cluthing at straws.

FatherWolff

It's getting to the point in Ole's reign were it's no longer about if he's doing a good job but if he's good enough to win us titles. This is as a result of our squad becoming better thanks to him. After 10 years of management what has Ole done to clear doubts that he's good enough to win us titles? I would like to be proven wrong but from what I've seen I think the most likely outcome under Ole is that every season fans will be waiting for Ole to be backed to the point we have a squad as good as or better than the best in the league but it wouldn't happen. And that will be the excuse for when we are still just a top 4 team under Ole
If you would like to be proven wrong. Why don’t you listen to the numerous posters that disprove your points very so often? Why do you even make posts like this? Why do you not sit down and read. Learn something about football and statistics. Read some history of successful teams and how they where built and how long it took. Although a bit more difficult in this economy. Sit down and read about Sacchi or anything to do with getting a little bit smarter. Read some Harry Potter just to get some imagination and colours in your head. It’s so tedious reading this over and over and over again. Try looking at the things to build on. Either we do, and he stays. Or we don’t, and his gone.

Last edited:

jamesjimmybyrondean

If you would like to be proven wrong. Why don’t you listen to the numerous posters that disprove your points very so often? Why do you even make posts like this? Why do you not sit down and read. Learn something about football and statistics. Read some history of successful teams and how they where built and how long it took. Although a bit more difficult in this economy. Sit down and read about Sacchi or anything to do with getting a little bit smarter. Read some Harry Potter just to get some imagination and colours and your head. It’s so tedious reading this over and over and over again. Try looking at the things to build on. Either we do, and he stays. Or we don’t, and his gone.
Trying too hard aren't you

rotherham_red

Trying too hard aren't you
No, he's right. I replied and systematically countered a post of yours yesterday which almost literally had the same hypothesis and got no reply. Instead, I just see you regurgitate the same old and tired talking points in that post again today.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
The whole 'is he good enough to do X' argument is very tired now. Its understandable that those doubts remain and will do until we win a big title, but its taken as read now and repeating it over and over isnt adding anything new.

We are going to find out one way or the other, because he isn't looking like he's anywhere close to being sacked, and rightly so.

wolvored

I dont think ole got paid much less than mourinho. And manager wage is miniscule in the grand scheme of things. 100k per week is only 5m.

If you really think Ole's being hired just because he cost 1m less per year you're really cluthing at straws.
I read Mourinho was on £15 mill a year and Ole is on half that £7.5, and no im not clutching at straws for anything.

jamesjimmybyrondean

No, he's right. I replied and systematically countered a post of yours yesterday which almost literally had the same hypothesis and got no reply. Instead, I just see you regurgitate the same old and tired talking points in that post again today.
The two posts I made that were similar were replies to posts that I found related to my views on Ole so why wouldn't I say something similar. Let's not act like these threads aren't filled with the same recycled posts everyday from both sides

I also didn't reply to your post because I know it's just going to be back and forth. Maybe that came across as me avoiding it. I don't care. Alot of people on here always want to have the last word so I don't even bother replying sometimes cause I can see how it's going to go. Your post said our squad is 60% good enough to start winning titles. 60!! I actually stopped reading there but It's your opinion. I didn't have the energy or interest to start arguing against a post I found quite hyperbolic

FatherWolff

The two posts I made that were similar were replies to posts that I found related to my views on Ole so why wouldn't I say something similar. Let's not act like these threads aren't filled with the same recycled posts everyday from both sides

I also didn't reply to your post because I know it's just going to be back and forth. Maybe that came across as me avoiding it. I don't care. Alot of people on here always want to have the last word so I don't even bother replying sometimes cause I can see how it's going to go. Your post said our squad is 60% good enough to start winning titles. 60!! I actually stopped reading there but It's your opinion. I didn't have the energy or interest to start arguing against a post I found quite hyperbolic
You are not trying much, are you?

Last edited:

90 + 5min

Only jealousy. The truth is doesn't know what he talks about. They could have taken random person from street and asked them questions.

lex talionis

The job of managing United was too big for a manager who had previously won two CL trophies and numerous league trophies, José Mourinho.

Sacking Ole next week would be madness and disgraceful, but there’s absolutely no doubt that, like every manager in the PL, Ole will and should be judged on what his squad accomplished over the course of the season.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Why shouldn't he be judged with the same standard ? You guys sacked all the previous coach despite winning a cup , why you should lower your standard for Ole ? He has spend almost 300m , outspending anyone else by the same period and 0 trophy to show off , You can't keep giving him time to rebuild , the players isn't get any younger , another 2 years of trophyless and some players will reach 30 so you might have to replace them again. Just sack him and hire Max Allegri , you will be title contender with this squad in no time. No need to make excuses such as rebuild this rebuild that.
As much as I wouldn't want Allegri, that's just the truth of the matter really. A top manager would get this squad competing on all fronts now. Some are still stuck in the mindset that we have a weak squad or whatever, but its no longer the case. Of course it's not perfect, no squad is right now, but it's got enough talent and options in squad depth. We should be competing on all fronts, but I think most of us have the opinion that Ole won't be the man to take us up a level.

We're still stuck in "steadying the ship"/slow rebuild mindset when, actually, we're beyond that. Or should be.

90 + 5min

As much as I wouldn't want Allegri, that's just the truth of the matter really. A top manager would get this squad competing on all fronts now. Some are still stuck in the mindset that we have a weak squad or whatever, but its no longer the case. Of course it's not perfect, no squad is right now, but it's got enough talent and options in squad depth. We should be competing on all fronts, but I think most of us have the opinion that Ole won't be the man to take us up a level.

We're still stuck in "steadying the ship"/slow rebuild mindset when, actually, we're beyond that. Or should be.
So 2 points from 1st place (if we win game in hand), chance to go through in Champions League and League Cup / FA cup to start. Where exactly are we not competing?

Withnail

So 2 points from 1st place (if we win game in hand), chance to go through in Champions League and League Cup / FA cup to start. Where exactly are we not competing?

Exactly, in what world are we not competing on all fronts at the moment?

Granted that picture could change over the next week or so but it's a bit premature as usual.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
You're easily impressed.

Jose fixed things at United? :lol: The man's a clown.
He says to some extent, and refers to his league position in the 2nd season. He imploded after falling out with players who are still inconsistent 2 years after his sacking, and threw a strop for not getting a CB we ended up signing for 1 year later anyway.

Mourinho wasn't the right fit but he's actually taken us furthest in the league than any manager has since 2012, and that's the crux of his point. Managers with pedigree and excellence on their CV is what Manchester United should be looking at. The style of play and philosophy are important factors too but I think he's questioning the priorities we took in identifying Ole.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!

We are competing on all fronts. We have a game in hand which if we win has us in the top 4. Still in with a chance in the Champions league to get to the knock out stage.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan

What a twat. Don’t even know who he is but he sounds angry, jealous and making extreme remarks simply to raise his profile. His entire rant lacks insight nuance and detail. At least some of the of OleOUTers on here falsify some of their evidence, this guy had nothing.

Withnail

He says to some extent, and refers to his league position in the 2nd season. He imploded after falling out with players who are still inconsistent 2 years after his sacking, and threw a strop for not getting a CB we ended up signing for 1 year later anyway.

Mourinho wasn't the right fit but he's actually taken us furthest in the league than any manager has since 2012, and that's the crux of his point. Managers with pedigree and excellence on their CV is what Manchester United should be looking at. The style of play and philosophy are important factors too but I think he's questioning the priorities we took in identifying Ole.
If you say so. I think that was his second season high water mark.

I don't believe he was going anywhere at United and certainly wasn't fixing anything if you're taking a long term view which is what I would consider fixing things to mean.

Reading sports 'journalism' and listening to football podcasts I've noticed recently that Lampard's Chelsea are apparently in the title race and he's doing a great job. Mourinho is 'back' and his years of bullshit forgotten, Totally Football even declaring they had been 'wrong about Jose' and Spurs are title contenders.

While Ole is a bag of shit.

However, United are 3 points behind Chelsea with a game in hand. And 5 points behind Spurs with a game in hand.

It's laughable to disparity in how the different teams and managers are reported.

The ABU agenda is running strong at the moment. To be expected by elements of the media, but bizarre that so many on here buy into this narrative and switch off their cognitive functions.

Withnail

Reading sports 'journalism' and listening to football podcasts I've noticed recently that Lampard's Chelsea are apparently in the title race and he's doing a great job. Mourinho is 'back' and his years of bullshit forgotten, Totally Football even declaring they had been 'wrong about Jose' and Spurs are title contenders.

However, United are 3 points behind Chelsea with a game in hand. And 5 points behind Spurs with a game in hand.

It's laughable to disparity in how the different teams and managers are reported.

The ABU agenda is running strong at the moment. To be expected by elements of the media, but bizarre that so many on here buy into this narrative and switch off their cognitive functions.
There's a massive amount of recency bias in a lot of the media 'analysis'.

There are a few good ones who take the long view but a lot of time in the run-up to Christmas someone like Brendan Rogers at Leicester last year 'is going to win the league'. Then by March, shock - horror, the picture is very different.

Mainoldo

Are we in a title race?

redshaw

At this time in Jose's second season here we were top of the league, winning games by 4 goals, it was a United City title race with Alan Shearer tipping us to win the league, all fell apart when City beat us at OT though.

I expect Jose to be doing well at Spurs, he's not done as a manager, he got our rabble to 81 points and can do a similar thing with Spurs, how long it lasts we'll have to see plus an injury or two could really set them back. At Chelsea and United he spoiled the apple cart when refused signings.

With Ole he'll get some time to show if he can show some progress. For me I'm willing to back him for this season but he keeps on making mistakes like the Fred sub. While he's experienced he's still learning and time will probably run out. The PSG game was a good opportunity to show improvement.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
At this time in Jose's second season here we were top of the league, winning games by 4 goals, it was a United City title race with Alan Shearer tipping us to win the league, all fell apart when City beat us at OT though.

I expect Jose to be doing well at Spurs, he's not done as a manager, he got our rabble to 81 points and can do a similar thing with Spurs, how long it lasts we'll have to see plus an injury or two could really set them back. At Chelsea and United he spoiled the apple cart when refused signings.

With Ole he'll get some time to show if he can show some progress. For me I'm willing to back him for this season but he keeps on making mistakes like the Fred sub. While he's experienced he's still learning and time will probably run out. The PSG game was a good opportunity to show improvement.
We were 8 points behind them at that point I believe,a nd went 11 behind them at that point. Leaving the results aside as well, our performances ever since that 0-0 with Pool were average and had it not been for Dave, we would've been maybe 12-15 points behind City when we faced them

redshaw

We were 8 points behind them at that point I believe,a nd went 11 behind them at that point. Leaving the results aside as well, our performances ever since that 0-0 with Pool were average and had it not been for Dave, we would've been maybe 12-15 points behind City when we faced them
Around this time I should say

Had we won the gap would've closed by three points to 5 point gap, the belief was shot after that as the gap widened to 11 points.

Also by the 10th of Dec 2017, 16 games had been played, it will be only 11-10 games after this weekend so yes at this time actually.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Around this time I should say

Had we won the gap would've closed by three points to 5 point gap, the belief was shot after that as the gap widened to 11 points.

Also by the 10th of Dec 2017, 16 games had been played, it will be only 11-10 games after this weekend so yes at this time actually.
Come on! Nearly everyone knew that City were a different beast altogether, and I think everyone could see our over-reliance on Dave.

Our play was average at best, and I think nearly everyone recognized that the title win wasn't a realistic possibility even before the ball was kicked in that game

redshaw

Come on! Nearly everyone knew that City were a different beast altogether, and I think everyone could see our over-reliance on Dave.

Our play was average at best, and I think nearly everyone recognized that the title win wasn't a realistic possibility even before the ball was kicked in that game
I think you're reading too much into the word belief, more belief in general, the club, the manager, the project Pogba came for etc.

Matt851

We look typically well coached today. Anyone who thinks ole is the best this club can do seriously wants their head testing

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Once again showing that Bruno saved his job. Guaranteed we'd have finished in the bottom half last season if it wasnt for Bruno.

Blood Mage

Currently looking second best to a David Moyes team. We look like relegation fodder without Bruno.

Status
Not open for further replies.