Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
first time in the premier league era we've conceded 4 in the first half. Setting moyes like records now.

Matt007a

OGS has done good things at the club. He’s changed the atmosphere, got rid of players who didn’t want to be here and has clearly been influential in changing our recruitment policy.

Unfortunately the last point hasn’t been fully overcome due to an incompetent board. That’s not his fault. However despite signing the right “type” of players, we are still picking the wrong options, which is his fault. Maguire being an example of the right type of person but not the right player.

Whats also his fault is our lack of progress on the pitch. We did better than the season before with Jose, but as time goes by it’s more and more clear that came down to several players hitting purple patches at the same time, especially Bruno.

We still can’t break down teams who sit back and defensively we’ve gone totally backwards despite spending £130m plus on 2 defenders.

We’ve conceded 9 goals in 2.5 league games so far and if not for the woodwork it could easily be 15 goals.

A9X SJ

Never changed my decision from Sack

Ole is sadly tactically out of his depth in every aspect of the game, Imagine what Biesla would do with a squad like this?

Its become depressing ruined weekend after weekend.

The players out there should hang there head in shame.

Pogba should never have been brought back he thinks he’s better than what he actual is, Bailly is a disaster waiting to happen every week

Greenwood has been a shining light & Fernandes when he first arrive the rest have been poor.

NK86

I hope you're watching the game against the Spurs. I really hope you're watching the game and not just concentrating on the names. That is our fecking problem with our fans, just watching names. We don't have room for Smalling, yet we have enough room for ball playing pussies who don't have a clue on how to defend. Look at our midfield, nowhere near enough running to close down an opponent, attack, or defend. Names don't mean shite if they are not delivering on the pitch. Neither does a manger who is fecking clueless with tactics. Jut talking about the Fergie era is not suddenly going to turn you into a good manager.
Exactly, he absolutely has frozen our Smalling for ball playing CBs who gift goals to the opponents. Cannot believe he has managed to make our defense worse than it was. Maguire has been so pathetic in organizing a defence, cannot believe he is our captain.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
I feel for Ole. No manager can execute anything if team defends like that

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
I really wish Ole had the ability to express himself emotionally. He always seems to have an "Oh well, nevermind" attitude. I would like to here his thoughts on the importance of passion, charisma and inspiration.

Red Star One

He’ll only get the sack later this season, when we’re back to dreaming about scrapping top4 with the lowest point tally possible, out of Champions League and about to undergo another reconstruction. Yes, he was disappointed by Woodward, yes it’s players that make individual mistakes, but as pointed out by many - he is supposed to coach them, to ensure preparations for the new season, to provide with a game plan. He did none of this

criticalanalysis

I've criticised Ole but I would find it hard to 'blame' him for this game. However, it all starts from him and therefore has to take all responsibility of the team's results.

Let's be honest, had we signed Sancho, another CB and more depth we would still be under performing relative to the squad. It's harsh but either we go on another incredibly glorious unbeaten run winning multiple games or something has to changed.

And by change, we all know it's Woodward's decision to stay with Ole or make moves. I hope history doesn't repeat itself but will we have an exact same situation as Mourinho's sacking? Horrendous start, win some games, lose again then replaced unceremoniously by Poch.

Foxbatt

I hope you're watching the game against the Spurs. I really hope you're watching the game and not just concentrating on the names. That is our fecking problem with our fans, just watching names. We don't have room for Smalling, yet we have enough room for ball playing pussies who don't have a clue on how to defend. Look at our midfield, nowhere near enough running to close down an opponent, attack, or defend. Names don't mean shite if they are not delivering on the pitch. Neither does a manger who is fecking clueless with tactics. Jut talking about the Fergie era is not suddenly going to turn you into a good manager.
Spot on. Defenders are there to defend. But that said there is no system or plan on the way we play.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
He’s taken us as far as he can. Get Poch in and see what he can do. There was a period when Spurs were the best team in England, whilst admittedly still managing to win feck all. In any case, get a coach
who can actually coach.

I’m sorry Ole, the board fecked you but even if they didn’t you’d still do a mediocre job.

ghagua

Not with Moyes and the toxic one because it felt like we were going nowhere. This time I see the team evolving and it's exiting.
Not the appropriate time to respond I know, but been busy with work. I hope you're enjoying the "evolving" and "exciting" play today against Spurs. Watch the games, not just the names with starry eyes. Watch the games to see how players perform to see what each individual is doing. Watch the tactics the manager is using. You need a manager who can manage and not just or try to replicate the golden days of the "Fergie era"

Kopral Jono

I won't ever change my vote. The owners are terrible, yes, but Ole is never the man to lead us going forward.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Lots have fell for it hook, line and sinker again and all looking and directing anger at Ole. Well done Ed, master class again

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Indeed. Or that refereeing decision.

this shambolic nonsense today has nothing to do with Ole
But as always in any organisation, the sword fall on the man responsible for the team. Ole is not beyond criticism. It's his team out there

AC1689

I think he's gone either way. Sancho or Cavani wouldn't have prevented today's defensive shite show.
And that is the real worry. Signings such as these wouldn’t prevent the clear lack of coaching/tactics. We simply can’t keep relying on individual brilliance to get us through games.

Baxter

Indeed. Or that refereeing decision.

this shambolic nonsense today has nothing to do with Ole
it was the same shambles with Palace and Brighton. With £130m of his defenders playing. He has to go.

Zen86

The irony being that, when Maguire and AWB were working well last season, they were “obvious” transfers made by the club, not Ole :lol:

Robbie Boy

He should have been backed and so should have Jose but they both shouldn’t ever been United managers. Ole more so. If he wasn’t who he is, he’d be nowhere near here.
He definitely should have been, for sure. But the fact is, he's spent plenty since he came in and we still look totally disjointed with no discernable style of play. Even post-COVID, we looked a-bit wank more often than not, despite the good run. I didn't want him here permanently and thought it was madness giving him the full time gig.

He's done good work with our front line but our build up play and everything behind the front three smacks of poor, inadequate coaching. His signings have been mentally overrated and most have been a-bit meh. He's not up to the job it's always been plain as day. There's some on here who spout absolute nonsense and would have you believe he's an oracle, performing miracles. Some of the patronising posters in here who constantly slag anyone who dares to mention patterns of play or progressive coaching - all because they don't understand football/football terminology - are the ones who can't see the wood from the trees. They love to play mental gymnastics though and insult and ridicule anyone who questions Ole; they resort to that behaviour as they have no defence for him.

Then there's the bizarre comparisons with Klopp that they try to justify. Now I see we've moved onto 'net spend' - something we ridiculed Liverpool for, for years - while conveniently ignoring Klopp's relatively low net spend. These same posters will point to all the players he's bought but won't dare mention net spend. Net spend is now another form of defence for Ole from his cult like followers.

The fact is, he's a totally inadequate coach and not remotely cut out for the top level. We have no plan, no cohesion and rely on moments from our front 3 and embarrassingly, penalties. The Board won't spend mega money and that's what Ole needs, to mask his shortcomings as a coach. We need a modern progressive coach who'll bring his own experienced coaching team and a clear plan with clear direction. As the Board won't spend millions each year we need a top coach who can coach these players to play at their optimum. It's abundantly clear that Ole isn't that man. I feel if he stays, this season will be a mess. He had a lot of luck last season and that was always going to run out.

He's done some good things and improved some of the attacking players to a degree. He'll always leave the squad in much better shape than Jose. So, for me it's thanks for the positives but this shit can't continue and let's try something new.

Sparky Rhiwabon

He should resign after this but instead he’ll probably smile and say that the Cavani signing is “fantashtik for the cloob”

ghagua

Spot on. Defenders are there to defend. But that said there is no system or plan on the way we play.
Not just this game mate, even against Palace and Brighton, the same shite. I hope people are looking at the games, not just the names. Same clueless shite every game.

Jonesno.8

Ole would actually be a good DOF as he has signed reasonably well, when allowed so I'd move him on and get a proper coach in who can get the players playing well.

Ronnie O'Sullivan

We have greedy self serving owners, a clueless chief executive lackey and a useless manager who wouldn't even cut it in League 1. Get them all out.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Lots have fell for it hook, line and sinker again and all looking and directing anger at Ole. Well done Ed, master class again
Everyone here realizes Ed and the Glazers are a massive problem. That doesn't mean the manager is the right person for the job.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
He definitely should have been, for sure. But the fact is, he's spent plenty since he came in and we still look totally disjointed with no discernable style of play. Even post-COVID, we looked a-bit wank more often than not, despite the good run. I didn't want him here permanently and thought it was madness giving him the full time gig.

He's done good work with our front line but our build up play and everything behind the front three smacks of poor, inadequate coaching. His signings have been mentally overrated and most have been a-bit meh. He's not up to the job it's always been plain as day. There's some on here who spout absolute nonsense and would have you believe he's an oracle, performing miracles. Some of the patronising posters in here who constantly slag anyone who dares to mention patterns of play or progressive coaching - all because they don't understand football/football terminology - are the ones who can't see the wood from the trees. They love to play mental gymnastics though and insult and ridicule anyone who questions Ole; they resort to that behaviour as they have no defence for him.

Then there's the bizarre comparisons with Klopp that they try to justify. Now I see we've moved onto 'net spend' - something we ridiculed Liverpool for, for years - while conveniently ignoring Klopp's relatively low net spend. These same posters will point to all the players he's bought but won't dare mention net spend. Net spend is now another form of defence for Ole from his cult like followers.

The fact is, he's a totally inadequate coach and not remotely cut out for the top level. We have no plan, no cohesion and rely on moments from our front 3 and embarrassingly, penalties. The Board won't spend mega money and that's what Ole needs, to mask his shortcomings as a coach. We need a modern progressive coach who'll bring his own experienced coaching team and a clear plan with clear direction. As the Board won't spend millions each year we need a top coach who can coach these players to play ay their optimum. It's abundantly clear that Ole isn't that man. I feel if he stays, this season will be a mess. He had a lot of luck last season and that was always going to run out.

He's done some good things and improved some of the attacking players to a degree. He'll always leave the squad in much better shape than Jose. So, for me it's thanks for the positives but this shit can't continue and let's try something new.
Good post agree with a lot of that.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert

The fact is, he's a totally inadequate coach and not remotely cut out for the top level. We have no plan, no cohesion and rely on moments from our front 3 and embarrassingly, penalties. The Board won't spend mega money and that's what Ole needs, to mask his shortcomings as a coach. We need a modern progressive coach who'll bring his own experienced coaching team and a clear plan with clear direction. As the Board won't spend millions each year we need a top coach who can coach these players to play ay their optimum. It's abundantly clear that Ole isn't that man. I feel if he stays, this season will be a mess. He had a lot of luck last season and that was always going to run out.

That’s a good post. I agree 100% with you. I feel desperate now. :annoyed:

Idxomer

The irony being that, when Maguire and AWB were working well last season, they were “obvious” transfers made by the club, not Ole :lol:
:lol:

No, that was one of the biggest points Ole supported kept mentioning as to why he's doing so much good for the future of the team. Some even tried to argue how those signing would also make him a great DOF.

saftkongen

I don't understand how it's never Ole's fault when we lose according to the "Ole In"-gang.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Expecting Ole to come out with something like: ' We had big defeats under the Boss too'

Sgeorge

He needs to go. Bielsa at the moment looks like a huge upgrade. Pogba in the deep role is not working leaving the defense exposed. Defending is not just about the back four. I think with the players we have got now, a better manager can acheive more.

Status
Not open for further replies.