Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Listar

Make a whoop whoop thread then :lol:. Maybe this one will be more successful, or maybe at the end of season, this win turns out irrelevant and we couldn't even make top 4.

Credit where credit is due, Ole did a good job setting us up against leeds. Leeds only have one game plan and that game plan fell right into our hands. This is almost exactly like our first game against rb.
Imagine going through 19 points from 21 and you weren’t able to enjoy the ride cause you wanted the manager sacked.

M Bison

Supports
York City
I am firmly Ole out, but credit where credit is due, he has got everything absolutely bang on today, lets see this carry on now, I think a lot of people were saying he would be out thought by Bielsa but Bielsa has played right into his hands and Ole had the skill to take advantage, he deserves his fair do's today
At what point do you think you’d switch votes? I get that we’ve had some questionable results and our home form hasn’t been great, but the league position we’re in now is a decent place to be in my view.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
That was a much better showing by us.
I think the Leeds style of play definitely plays into our hands.

It's frustrating to see how bad we were in defence today though. A better team (not that they'd attack like Leeds did) could have easily put pressure on us with some of our defending.
Going forward though, it was great to watch today. Helped by Leeds, but still, we performed.

Martial and Rashford were much better today. In the final third, their build up play was a massive improvement over the last months.
Martial needs to do better with his chances, but his movement, dribbling and passing needs to be praised today

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Imagine going through 19 points from 21 and you weren’t able to enjoy the ride cause you wanted the manager sacked.
Innit, we’re on a great run in the league!

Set us up brilliantly today and we should really have gotten around the 10 mark but for bad finishing (10-4 might have been fair :lol:)

Fair play let’s hope we can keep winning and the scouser drop a few points soon.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
It was a good decision. We have had many players better than James today, so his exclusions wouldn't have effected the result.
That may or may not be the case, we'll never know. The only thing we do know is the decision to play him was brave and inspired, and, more importantly, it paid off handsomely.

Credit where it's due, the P.E teacher tag that some have labelled him with is clearly inappropriate.

Paul_Scholes18

Deserve credit here. Totally dominated from the start and the effort was great.
If we can do this in future big games rather than totally implode. Then we have a chance to win something.
Want to see the same vs Everton even if we rotate the squad a bit.

Lewnited

Gotta hold my hands up today, I was absolutely slating him before the match today for that selection :lol: but that's why he's the manager and I'm not! Would love nothing more than him to keep proving me wrong like that!

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Surprised we've added just 1 page since the FT whistle.

Literally battered them throughout, and had we been even slightly more clinical(and them as well for the sake of fairness), this could have very easily ended 10-4 or 12-5 something like that

L1nk

At what point do you think you’d switch votes? I get that we’ve had some questionable results and our home form hasn’t been great, but the league position we’re in now is a decent place to be in my view.
Not yet still, my major problem under Ole is that in some matches we've looked like world beaters, and in others we've looked like we've never trained before and cannot string 2 passes together. In some matches the set up is bang on, in others he gets it completely wrong and his in game management is shocking bordering on amateur. After multiple seasons that kind of fluctuation with no middle ground is kinda baffling and worrying to me, that's why i say lets kick on from this, which unfortunately i've said multiple times whenever we have a ridiculously good performance, and it never quite happens, that's what I wanna see happen now, consistently.

No I don't expect to win every match, but at least look this competent in matches we lose, because today we looked damn good and that's down to Ole.

Gasolin

Bielsa hasnt had a twatting like this in 28 years.
4 against Liverpool, Palace, Leicester and 3 against Chelsea but you're right, we decided to show them that what we want is to be relentless. A la 2007/2008 team.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
@sammsky1 . Remember when i gave you a pass few weeks ago? Can i collect that dept now? :)
Yeah. To be honest, Im done with OUTers. There is no case for Ole to answer for whatsoever, so this thread has become meaningless. For sure we can critique his decisions, but there is simply no credible case for him to be sacked, and Woodward and the board fully agree.

Just enjoy supporting the club without conflict. If Ole eventually leaves, so be it, but until then, Im having a great time.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Leeds are a bit like when you put "constant pressure" as a tactic on FIFA, there's even a disclaimer that warns you "players will be out of position".

Such a suicidal approach is naivety, which is ironic because a lot of posts here talk up Bielsa as being a superior coach to Ole, and yet the former so stubborn in his own philosophy which isn't proven to always work.
Perfect example of the weakness of high press/man to man defending. We were good at playing past their press all game and again and again we got acres of space to attack into while they were in complete disarray. For all the people that clamor for Klopp/Pep style of football, this should be a lesson.

Also a friendly reminder that Liverpool leaked like a sieve for two and half season under Klopp

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
We keep on getting better. 43.8% want him sacked ASAP, and people still question the quality of the cafe posters nowadays

Gasolin

Sack Ole, Sell Fernandes. We are 3rd with a game in hand. Shocking. Absolutely shocking.
What's more shocking is that last season apparently we were 9th with 17 pts at this point. This time we are 3rd with 26 pts. But there is no progress, and no consistency! Just because we had some fitness issue at the beginning...

el3mel

I bet Leeds expected us to start slow and sluggish as usual and not pressing much. They were absolutely shocked by us doing a high press on their defenders from the first minute. They got their plan thrown out of the window.

united for life

Do we need this thread? It’s been fun and all but do we really need it? We’re third in the league with a game in hand. We win, we’ll be second only 2 points behind Liverpool. We are above tottenham who are having a great start to the season and above chelsea who spent a fortune in the summer. We are in the title race and are playing some interesting, fast pace football. Why is there still lots of debate about the manager? Would understand if we are low in the table but really can’t understand why some fans still resist admitting that there is progress! It is the best football we’re playing in years. Let’s just admit it and enjoy the football

Gloccamora

Great game today. Since great pen play but Defending looks dodgy as usual. Ole is still an 8&8 coach though. Sure there are going to some exciting games and some amazing runs but in the end no prize. Prime example is champions league exit and then a couple of good results in the premiere league. A classic Garrett.

Kag

I’ve said for a long time that our biggest issue post-Ferguson has been scoring goals. We’ve been behind our rivals in this statistic every year since the old man left us. Often behind the likes of Bournemouth, too. Ole is the first and only manager who has made the slightest genuine attempt to fix this.

As it stands, we’re second in the goals scored chart and actually look like putting the ball in the net. That’s down to Ole.

LJJT

Some people won’t ever change their negative views but how fans are not happy or entertained right now I’ve no idea. Fantastic run at the moment, tactically getting things right, rotating the players, improvements in every area. Great win today and Ole deserves a load of credit.

Gasolin

I bet Leeds expected us to start slow and sluggish as usual and not pressing much. They were absolutely shocked by us doing a high press on their defenders from the first minute. They got their plan thrown out of the window.
It's not really the press, it's the fact that they did not understand that we were toying with their individual marking by taking Bruno out of this zone and transitioning Scott or Fred vertically. That killed them.

el3mel

Do we need this thread? It’s been fun and all but do we really need it? We’re third in the league with a game in hand. We win, we’ll be second only 2 points behind Liverpool. We are above tottenham who are having a great start to the season and above chelsea who spent a fortune in the summer. We are in the title race and are playing some interesting, fast pace football. Why is there still lots of debate about the manager? Would understand if we are low in the table but really can’t understand why some fans still resist admitting that there is progress! It is the best football we’re playing in years. Let’s just admit it and enjoy the football
I honestly treat this thread as the manager performance one. :lol: The one in the performance forum has become dead and everyone posts their thoughts about the manager here. I either praise or criticize him here, not really a "manager out" thread.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Surprised we've added just 1 page since the FT whistle.

Literally battered them throughout, and had we been even slightly more clinical(and them as well for the sake of fairness), this could have very easily ended 10-4 or 12-5 something like that
It's the 'should we sack him today' thread. It shouldnt have any posts really.

I suppose he got Cardiff relegated 6 years ago though so we should probably bring that up again.

el3mel

It's not really the press, it's the fact that they did not understand that we were toying with their individual marking by taking Bruno out of this zone and transitioning Scott or Fred vertically. That killed them.
Yeah it also shows by how Scott wasn't marked at all for the first 2 goals. They completely didn't expect him to come from deep up top as a threat. They were shocked.

thesharpeyshuffle

To even consider the idea of sacking Ole after this first third of the season is beyond madness. Sure, we went out of the CL and started terribly in the league (because of no pre-season). But even the most die hard Ole sceptics has to see that this our best side/squad since Fergie left. No question about that!

Gasolin

Yeah it also shows by how Scott wasn't marked at all for the first 2 goals. They completely didn't expect him to come from deep up top as a threat. They were shocked.
Think the first goal they were attacking and we counter pressed so they were behind, it happens, though that's exactly the kind of problem zone defense should solve (but is hard to execute).
2nd, Bruno is taking his guy for a stroll, completely freeing the middle, and Scott goes behind his defender as well.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I'm happy for Ole. Can tell he's chuffed to bits here and he was bigging this game up in the last post-match. Bet he's buzzing

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Ole outers in the mud. 6 wins and a draw in last 7 League games.

Anyone who says we aren't making progress needs their eyes testing. We won't win the title as Liverpool are a cut above but I have no doubts we are good enough for 2nd place.

Taktik T-Rex

Yeah. To be honest, Im done with OUTers. There is no case for Ole to answer for whatsoever, so this thread has become meaningless. For sure we can critique his decisions, but there is simply no credible case for him to be sacked, and Woodward and the board fully agree.

Just enjoy supporting the club without conflict. If Ole eventually leaves, so be it, but until then, Im having a great time.

1. Leeds are a promoted side that will probably go back to where it belongs.
2. This is only our 2nd Win at Home this season.
3. To refresh yours and everyone's memory, we couldn't get 4 points in 4 games in the CL.
4. "Woodward and the board (fully agree) still back him" shouldn't the argument you should be making given the shambolic record of the board and the people above them.

Ole never was good enough, isn't and never will be good enough for Manchester United. Until he wins some big trophy to convince me otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.