Would you sell Jadon Sancho this summer? And do you think he will be sold?

RyRy11

£60m+ bid comes in for him and I would sell him. I don't think we should be actively trying to push him out but no one is above being sold. I don't imagine anyone would want to offer that money after the last few years mind so he'll be here next season.

Jeffthered

£60m+ bid comes in for him and I would sell him. I don't think we should be actively trying to push him out but no one is above being sold. I don't imagine anyone would want to offer that money after the last few years mind so he'll be here next season.
I'd take less.. £50m would do it... get some money back and trim that wage bill. If Sancho stays, he is going to be under a lot, a lot of pressure to perform and I am not sure whether he actually wants that pressure as a player.. he seems (and these are just open observations..) to be a player who doesn't want the pressure that comes with being a top player.. and in a way, that's fine. But if that is the case, he cannot play for Manchester United, being one of the most expensive players ever to play in the Prem. His performance in the Cup Final really annoyed me... City were not even that good, were running out of steam, and it was his opportunity to really make a statement, rather than rely on Casi, Bruno, Rashy... and what did he do?

So if we can get some v good cash, I take it. Sancho may be like Zaha... great at a club with lower expectations.

Kung Fu Cantona7

I'd take £40 million at this point. Maybe even less. We need his wages off the books and we need a striker and a keeper (Onana and Hojlund?). Based on Sancho's performances over the last 2 years I think Amad and Pellistri could both do a better job.

Personally, I would rather splash the cash and get Ferguson from Brighton, instead of Kane, Osinhem or Hojlund.

If we could get rid of Martial, Maguire, Sancho, Fred and McTominay for a total of £100 million this summer I'd be happy.

Mainoo and Hannibal as squad players.

sugar_kane

He’s arguably worth 60m (even though he’s been shite for us) but would take 40m and the 20m left over can cover the wage difference - that’s the only way we’re getting rid due to his stupid wages

If we’re finally getting serious as a club we can’t be doubling down on players who look like they can’t be arsed for two seasons in a row.

Before anyone cites Rashford’s dip and resurgence, don’t bother. For one Rashford already proved himself in a United shirt long before his stinker in 21/22. Also, Rashford came back to form largely because of Ten Hag whereas Sancho seems impervious to his motivational ability and coaching.

Get rid.

Last edited:

RVN1991

If Mount costs 60 mil then surely Sancho costs you 70-75 mil. I know it’s United economics so we are the dumbasses that are going to pay 60 mil for Mount, however wouldn’t surprise me now if we accepted something silly like 40-50mil for Sancho.
40-50 million would be a fantastic offer for us considering how awful he's been since he signed.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
People said this about the likes of Sanchez as well. We all know deep down Sancho just isn't going to cut it here but there's this lingering hope that people cling to that maybe, against all the odds, they'll come good.

They very rarely do, in fact they just get worse and become unsellable then sit out their contract.
People are still saying this about Donny... Going into season 4.

BorisManUtd

Maybe ten Hag will wait and see how Amad does on preseason. If he does well then Antony and Amad could be our options for RW and Rashford/Garnacho/Mount for LW. Selling Sancho then would be logical.

Big Ben Foster

Supports
Donny coming on in the 87th minute and then posters complaining he was a ghost in the game will never not tickle me
Not what I'm saying. He obviously hasn't been given many chances, and it's unclear whether that's because he's a poor trainer, favoritism, none of the three managers he's played under rated him, or he just didn't fit into the system we were trying to play. Right or wrong, at some point we have to cut our losses and move on.

tomaldinho1

Not what I'm saying. He obviously hasn't been given many chances, and it's unclear whether that's because he's a poor trainer, favoritism, none of the three managers he's played under rated him, or he just didn't fit into the system we were trying to play. Right or wrong, at some point we have to cut our losses and move on.
Yeah it wasn't agreeing/disagreeing with you, I just found that funny. We have a lot of players in the squad we supposedly want to sell and no buyers, I do think we'll offload Sancho if we get any offer that's £50m or more. VdB I think will stay because no one will pay money for him, even if they rate him he's become a bit of a crock.

Big Ben Foster

Supports
Yeah it wasn't agreeing/disagreeing with you, I just found that funny. We have a lot of players in the squad we supposedly want to sell and no buyers, I do think we'll offload Sancho if we get any offer that's £50m or more. VdB I think will stay because no one will pay money for him, even if they rate him he's become a bit of a crock.
Fair enough. Agreed on the sales (or lack thereof).

antsmithmk

Hates women.
Yes I would sell him. But I highly doubt we will get an offer from a club that is in any way matching what we paid for him.

CasaStreets

With Mount's arrival, I can't understand the reason to keep Sancho other than saving face for the club's scouts and ownership under the guise of future potential. He's the highest-paid player at the club and is now 4th-choice LW and 3rd-choice #10.

The club should and ultimately will take a huge loss here in a few different ways. The transfer fee will be far less than we paid. And we will have to subsidize the buying club's wage bill, as there is no reason for Sancho to leave while on 350k p/w. I doubt he'd get more than 150k p/w elsewhere on the last two years' form. We'll have to subsidize at least a portion of the difference.

tomaldinho1

With Mount's arrival, I can't understand the reason to keep Sancho other than saving face for the club's scouts and ownership under the guise of future potential. He's the highest-paid player at the club and is now 4th-choice LW and 3rd-choice #10.

The club should and ultimately will take a huge loss here in a few different ways. The transfer fee will be far less than we paid. And we will have to subsidize the buying club's wage bill, as there is no reason for Sancho to leave while on 350k p/w. I doubt he'd get more than 150k p/w elsewhere on the last two years' form. We'll have to subsidize at least a portion of the difference.
I don't think he'll be as hard to move as Sanchez was re subsidising wages etc. and I get the impression he wants to play games, not earn more as a sub. I still think Spurs might be the obvious place for him, Son had a stinker last year and he's very reliant on pace which you'd assume will steadily tail off now he's in his thirties. Maybe we can send Maguire, Sancho and some dollar down to Levy for Kane.

CasaStreets

I don't think he'll be as hard to move as Sanchez was re subsidising wages etc. and I get the impression he wants to play games, not earn more as a sub. I still think Spurs might be the obvious place for him, Son had a stinker last year and he's very reliant on pace which you'd assume will steadily tail off now he's in his thirties. Maybe we can send Maguire, Sancho and some dollar down to Levy for Kane.
I expect your perceptions of Sancho's motivations and Tottenham's standards are rose-tinted

Son's performance fell off last season but that's not the quality Spurs would look to bring in - they'd want quality like what Son was 2-3 seasons ago. On recent evidence, that is not Sancho.

As for Sancho, he came here for 350k p/w and his agent is no slouch, he'll make sure that if Sancho wants to move elsewhere for games, it doesn't come at the expense of most of his paycheck. And unfortunately, the financially rational thing for us will be to acquiesce while he's younger, has years left on his contract, and his Dortmund performances are not so far in the rearview mirror.

tomaldinho1

I expect your perceptions of Sancho's motivations and Tottenham's standards are rose-tinted

Son's performance fell off last season but that's not the quality Spurs would look to bring in - they'd want quality like what Son was 2-3 seasons ago. On recent evidence, that is not Sancho.

As for Sancho, he came here for 350k p/w and his agent is no slouch, he'll make sure that if Sancho wants to move elsewhere for games, it doesn't come at the expense of most of his paycheck. And unfortunately, the financially rational thing for us will be to acquiesce while he's younger, has years left on his contract, and his Dortmund performances are not so far in the rearview mirror.
Oh one hundred percent it’s a bit of a wish rather than realistic but I think it might happen for some reason.

I guess I’m also factoring in he’s from London and Levy does keep moving their wages up with every Kane deal. As you say though it’s a big gap between 350k and probably about 150k max.

Abraxas

If we got a bid that put us into a better FFP situation, yes.

If we don't, which we won't because he has been so bad that nobody is going to do that, then no. We may as well keep and pray for a miracle that this player that scarcely looks bothered finds some intensity and desire.

RoyH1

I don't think he'll be sold. Think that the club will try to give him another shot this year

Reiver

I would sell him but the chances of anyone coming in for him at a reasonable price are slim. If we could get a season long loan with 100% of his wages coverdale, I'd take that.

Yakuza_devils

I still don't understand how a world class player in Germany can suddenly look like a championship player in PL.

He has also been given enough time to get used to the PL pace. Not really sure what went wrong.

I suspect it's more of mentality issues where he was wrongly used by Ole in his first season which affected his believe. There was also rumours that he suffered mental health issues... depression? Or something.

ETH seems to have a plan for him and try to get his world class mentality back like when he was in Dortmund.

Maybe it's still worth to give him one more season to let ETH work his magic? Next season we are going to play differently and hope he can excell.

No point selling him now as no one will pay any decent money for him.

ManRed

I still don't understand how a world class player in Germany can suddenly look like a championship player in PL.

He has also been given enough time to get used to the PL pace. Not really sure what went wrong.

I suspect it's more of mentality issues where he was wrongly used by Ole in his first season which affected his believe. There was also rumours that he suffered mental health issues... depression? Or something.

ETH seems to have a plan for him and try to get his world class mentality back like when he was in Dortmund.

Maybe it's still worth to give him one more season to let ETH work his magic? Next season we are going to play differently and hope he can excell.

No point selling him now as no one will pay any decent money for him.
Havertz, Pulisic, Haller, Kagawa, Keita, Podolski, Werner are some names who looked world beaters in Germany and not so special in England. I would be careful buying players from that league.

wolvored

£40 mill and his wages off the books and therefore FFP and we just about have a good deal. No one is going to go £50 mill after the 2 underwhelming seasons he has had.

wolvored

Havertz, Pulisic, Haller, Kagawa, Keita, Podolski, Werner are some names who looked world beaters in Germany and not so special in England. I would be careful buying players from that league.
Yep 100% agree. Miki and Kagawa looked world beaters in Germany as well.

Rampant Red Rodriguez

Scared of women, so hates them.
We won't sell him because we are inept at selling as a club. Utterly Inept because of high wages and long contracts we gave out in Woodward years

glasgow 21

We won't sell him because we are inept at selling as a club. Utterly Inept because of high wages and long contracts we gave out in Woodward years
Woodward years? We are still giving long contracts or the max that is permitted today under "We City break all the rules.com" ….i mean FFP.

Yakuza_devils

Sancho was better than all those players you listed. He was considered as world class in Germany. We spent 2 seasons chasing his signature.

He was hyped like Jude Belingham now who everyone think will be a superstar.

Maybe this season is the season ETH style of play clicked and he will be one of our key attacking force like in Dortmund.

Remember most of the people in here give up on Rashford the season before last.

pogbasformerbarber

Our depth is dreadful as it stands. We are going to splash cash on a new GK after a hefty sum for Mount...and thats before whatever we are going to get fleeced for to get a decent ST, which just happens to be our biggest hole...

On what planet does it make sense to sell...yes a disappointing, but hardly a lost cause yet at 23...any forward right now? I get people want him to perform better, but it would be dreadful business to strain our depth AND sell low after a middling season. Fifa and FM seriously mess with people's head on what is responsible and realistic...No one is walking through that door at a realistic fee that will be better. Period. Better to try and coach up the (arguably) considerable talent and see if he can improve, than sell low and (try) to buy a lesser asset.

Valencia Shin Crosses

The issue is I think he's at his best for us as a creative RW, NOT at LW. Allows him to dribble on his stronger foot without having to constantly cut inside, and he can play those brilliant short passes around the box along with cutbakcs. However, this means his main competition is Antony, who is a golden child of ETH's.

If we sold him I'd only want it done if Amad was nailed on to stay with us this year. Getting rid of both would be stupid. But if his sale could fund us going in for Caicedo then I'm all for it

Laurencio

We will regret selling him if we do. Like, Chelsea selling De Bruyne levels of regret. The boy is ridiculously talented, and at some point it will click for him.

Newtonius

If it means one of Kane or Osimhen then yeah would drive, otherwise no not for the sake of it his ostensible "talent" still deserves another year.

ManRed

Sancho was better than all those players you listed. He was considered as world class in Germany. We spent 2 seasons chasing his signature.

Maybe this season is the season ETH style of play clicked and he will be one of our key attacking force like in Dortmund.

Rashford had shown some form in the premier league before. Sancho still hasnt done anything convincing. Honestly i cant remember watching 1 game and thinking that was some amazing football from Sancho. A few moments but never over a whole game.

Yep 100% agree. Miki and Kagawa looked world beaters in Germany as well.
The annoying thing is Mancity got 2 players from there who stepped up and became world class. Haaland and De Bruyne.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Im not his biggest fan but i do wonder if old school tactics may come back, target men, striker duos, right footed RWs - i feel like he might get bit-ter

Yakuza_devils

Rashford had shown some form in the premier league before. Sancho still hasnt done anything convincing. Honestly i cant remember watching 1 game and thinking that was some amazing football from Sancho. A few moments but never over a whole game
Sancho was world class in Germany. He was considered one of the best players in Bundesliga at a very young age. He performed very well in CL too.

He was as good if not better than Rashford. Even Jude Belingham was not that good in Dortmund.

sugar_kane

We will regret selling him if we do. Like, Chelsea selling De Bruyne levels of regret. The boy is ridiculously talented, and at some point it will click for him.
Not a chance.

Not doubting his talent, but his drive is almost non-existent.

We must take a lot of the blame for that since we handed him one of the biggest wages in world football before his career had barely gotten started.

wolvored

Yes we were the only serious ones though. When a player is up for sale who is supposedly WC, why aint the big boys after him and only us? Should have been a red flag I think.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Sancho was world class in Germany. He was considered one of the best players in Bundesliga at a very young age. He performed very well in CL too.

He was as good if not better than Rashford. Even Jude Belingham was not that good in Dortmund.
He could have been world class or goat level or whatever in Germany, and even if he had been doing it for 10 years. The poster said that the situation does not compare to Rashford’s as Rashford has been performing well - at times really well - in the PL before he was out of form for a longer period, whereas Sancho has been here for 2 years and still looks like an average academy kid who is having difficulties breaking through.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours

This is wrong imo, his CL games were notably weaker than bundesliga except a single game, i think vs barca.