Would you take 4th place now?

alexthelion

Whaaat :houllier:

You rated our squad that high? Or you did believe in Ole that much?

I still remember most of the caf rated our squad from 5th - 8th (me 6th) at the start of the season. And most had some doubt in Ole, including me.
It's so he can have a pop at Ole if we don't get 3rd because he doesn't think he's any good.

IRELANDUNITED

Why the heck would anybody not take 4th right now? The clubs immediate future is on the line and it makes almost no difference if we finish 3rd or 4th. So anybody who would risk finishing 5th just so we could finish 3rd instead of 4th is being foolish.

The Red Thinker

I understand if people say yes. No real difference between 3rd and 4th and United have been swimming around 5th-8th all season, so 4th would feel like a steal.

Even so, I wouldn't take it now against my better judgement. City and Liverpool are miles ahead but i'd like to be 'best of the rest'. And 3rd would feel like an excellent season under the circumstances. And we should be beating Leicester with our team / their team.

Would you take it?
Yes. Nothing more to be said.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I'd take 4th all day long. We were 14pts behind Leicester after 25 games. 12 games later we have edged ahead of them. Its been a great response from us after a disastrous first half of the season.

Make no bones about it.... If we don't get over the line tomorrow our first half of season will be what's killed us. We have started the last two PL seasons terribly. That needa to change next season

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Below Chelsea? not in a million years. Because we actually have a great chance now of finishing 3rd.

Last edited: