• No

Votes: 1,140 52.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
What concerns me about Conte is that he'll be great for year and then do a Conte and we'd be left with another rebuild.
In my opinion it is simple, get rid. The second it becomes clear that a manager is done here then get rid. We need to get over this idea that we are unique and just act like every other, well run club does. The blessing in that scenario is that there will no longer be the sentiment in the equation like there is with Ole. I said a long time ago that this very situation would be a mess for us because we'll find it so hard to part ways. Never did I think it would go this badly though.

Enigma_87

You know who
Conte is not my first choice, but let me get this straight - people are adamant about Conte yet accept a nobody to manage us to nowhere for 3 years? :lol:

pocco

loco
Miguel Delaney being cited as a worthy source now. ConteMania is running wild.
A source, or somebody that has bothered to follow Conte's career and might have their own opinion or insight?

He's not my first choice, but you reek of bitterness.

And let's not forget, Conte's title winning Chelsea team outscored 11 of the 13 PL winning United teams under Fergie. He can't be that negative? Perhaps Delaney may know a bit about something.

izec

Conte is not my first choice, but let me get this straight - people are adamant about Conte yet accept a nobody to manage us to nowhere for 3 years? :lol:
It is not a contest between them two. But ideally, i would like to get someone who could be here for the mid term at least. Conte is short term, but not short enough for us, as we will give him years and years. This board cant be trusted.

Teja

Has he ever had success with 4 at the back? And what's this nonsense about high pressing? He is exactly like Mourinho in that they prefer dropping off after losing the ball instead of trying to counter press and try to recover it quickly.

They both feel very comfortable with a set defence, pouncing on errors by opposition attackers and counter attacking directly, at pace.

Dobba

A source, or somebody that has bothered to follow Conte's career and might have their own opinion or insight?

He's not my first choice, but you reek of bitterness.

And let's not forget, Conte's title winning Chelsea team outscored 11 of the 13 PL winning United teams under Fergie. He can't be that negative? Perhaps Delaney may know a bit about something.
He's a shithouse know nothing who people don't even post tweets from in the transfer forum without 3 replies pointing out him being a shithouse know nothing.

Then he's pro-Conte and he's the man of the hour.

Enigma_87

You know who
It is not a contest between them two. But ideally, i would like to get someone who could be here for the mid term at least. Conte is short term, but not short enough for us, as we will give him years and years. This board cant be trusted.
What do you consider mid term? To me in modern days that's 2-3 seasons max. Conte is perfectly capable of doing just that.

Conte being Jose mk2 is such a lazy comparison.

pocco

loco
He's a shithouse know nothing who people don't even post tweets from in the transfer forum without 3 replies pointing out him being a shithouse know nothing.

Is he claiming to be Pro-Conte? He's a journalist, he might know a bit about the way a manager plays. He can be good at watching football and making an observation without being good at knowing inside knowledge on transfers etc.

Having a different opinion doesn't make him wrong. Unless you get proven emphatically wrong like the Ole In numptys.

lex talionis

I’ve come around on Conte. First, we need to stop the rot that Ole has created. Second, we need to win a trophy. Third, it’s not going to be Zidane or Ten Hag.

But on the point about fearing a rebuild, we’re losing a truckload of players in the next few seasons as it is and in truth we do need a rebuild, even though the squad as it stands today is pretty impressive.

Of the current first team squad who can we count on — no guarantees, of course — being at OT at the start of 23/24? Rashford, Sancho and Greenwood, probably Shaw, Wan-Bissaka and De Gea. Maybe Maguire, Varane and Lindelof but maybe not.

giggs-beckham

Clueless
Has he ever had success with 4 at the back? And what's this nonsense about high pressing? He is exactly like Mourinho in that they prefer dropping off after losing the ball instead of trying to counter press and try to recover it quickly.

They both feel very comfortable with a set defence, pouncing on errors by opposition attackers and counter attacking directly, at pace.
Really? Then do not want we need a press pass and move style.

Carolina Red

Staff

Both can be true though.

He can be right in that tweet about Conte and be wrong about things he's said previously.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
What concerns me about Conte is that he'll be great for year and then do a Conte and we'd be left with another rebuild.
Let's talk facts rather than prejudiced assumptions. Can you name a club who was left with a rebuild, after Conte ?

izec

What do you consider mid term? To me in modern days that's 2-3 seasons max. Conte is perfectly capable of doing just that.

Conte being Jose mk2 is such a lazy comparison.
I never said he was like Jose. But he is a short term manager. For me 2-3 years is standard. His last 2 jobs were pretty short.
He is too much of a misfit. If we could sack him quickly, no problem. But we will give him far too much. I'd like someone quieter, that knows what he is doing (Zidane or Ten Hag types). Not a lunatic and also not a noob.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
The squad still looks unbalanced. Bunch of kids on one side and on the other side, veterans in the end of their careers which we put entire faith on, they'll somehow carry the season to somekind of success.

Disney Land. Put Conte here and he'll go nowhere without the real clearout that needs to be in place before anything solid happening.

Revan

Assumptionman
He picked up a team that was full of deadwood, mentally broken, unconcerned about losing and yoyo-ing between Europa League and CL group stage level.

If either you expected a title challenge with this squad, that's your answer.
Now we have a team that is full of deadwood (including some of his signings), mentally broken (watch the last game), unconcerned about losing and yoyo-ing between Europa League and CL.

Enigma_87

You know who
I never said he was like Jose. But he is a short term manager. For me 2-3 years is standard. His last 2 jobs were pretty short.
He is too much of a misfit. If we could sack him quickly, no problem. But we will give him far too much. I'd like someone quieter, that knows what he is doing (Zidane or Ten Hag types). Not a lunatic and also not a noob.
Think there are many examples of 1 year jobs these days and that includes top clubs. 2-3 years is really let's say a mid term for me, whilst 5-6 years and above long time.

Didn't say you implied that comparison, but it's used way too often for my liking. I also prefer the Ten Hag types, but really wouldn't say no to a proven world class manager who is also not yet on the way down (Jose, LvG).

Dobba

The squad still looks unbalanced. Bunch of kids on one side and on the other side, veterans in the end of their careers which we put entire faith on, they'll somehow carry the season to somekind of success.

Disney Land. Put Conte here and he'll go nowhere without the real clearout that needs to be in place before anything solid happening.
Careful, you'll be labelled anti anyone but Ole with posts like that.

Spoony

The People's President
Let's talk facts rather than prejudiced assumptions. Can you name a club who was left with a rebuild, after Conte ?
2007–2009
Bari
2009–2010
Atalanta
2010–2011
Siena
2011–2014
Juventus
2014–2016
Italy
2016–2018
Chelsea
2019–2021
Inter Milan

This man doesn't last two seasons. Regardless of what you may think is a rebuild...a new manager will want his own players.

Enigma_87

You know who
He picked up a team that was full of deadwood, mentally broken, unconcerned about losing and yoyo-ing between Europa League and CL group stage level.

If either you expected a title challenge with this squad, that's your answer.
what has changed in all of your examples? Ole played EL last season if you have forgotten, or we should consider it an achievement that he qualified for CL only to lose in the group stage?

Sviken

Same thing was said about Chelsea before Lampard was sacked. One season later, they're top of the league with a CL in hand.

saha_09

In my opinion it is simple, get rid. The second it becomes clear that a manager is done here then get rid. We need to get over this idea that we are unique and just act like every other, well run club does. The blessing in that scenario is that there will no longer be the sentiment in the equation like there is with Ole. I said a long time ago that this very situation would be a mess for us because we'll find it so hard to part ways. Never did I think it would go this badly though.
Nostalgia fc. We as a club need to move on from this dna/united way. You can still have a good academy and produce good players. Ajax do it and they’ve change their coaches. Barcelona do the same thing under different managers.
stop hiring former players to roles they have no experience under. I also think fergie needs to stay away from any influential appointment. This cloud of the old days is holding the club back. Why is he at training today if reports are true? Appoint DOF/ assistant coaches and managers who are experience. It’s laughable this poll does not want conte who is 100x the manager ole is.

Enigma_87

You know who

Teja

Really? Then do not want we need a press pass and move style.
I think if we just want to be successful both approaches are fine. There's a difference between being incapable of pressing and choosing not to do it...

Conte choses not to press high going into games but is more than capable of doing it when we go 2-0 down and need some goals. With McKenna / Ole, we simply can't press under any circumstance. 2-0 down to Pool, we try to press high and easily let them bypass the press and have a run at the defence and end up with a cricket score.

I think Shaw's point was bang on, goals aside, just the sheer number of times we let the opposition attackers run at our CBs is unforgivable tactically.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Same thing was said about Chelsea before Lampard was sacked. One season later, they're top of the league with a CL in hand.
Before we hire another manager, Ronaldo, Cavani, Mata, Matić will be gone and the new man in charge will have to sign the right profile of players or we're stuck where we are.

Chelsea's appointments look better from years. That's why their decisions being made for football sake and they can shovel themselves faster from cespool than us. It's quite different football culture when different things are prioritised.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
It would seem many Man Utd fans are all about the cult of personality and not results.....hence Ole.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
2007–2009
Bari
2009–2010
Atalanta
2010–2011
Siena
2011–2014
Juventus
2014–2016
Italy
2016–2018
Chelsea
2019–2021
Inter Milan

This man doesn't last two seasons. Regardless of what you may think is a rebuild...a new manager will want his own players.
Ok, now you are shifting your posts. He leaving after 2 years has nothing to do with a club needing a rebuild. Juve,Chelsea and Inter has not needed a rebuild after him ( his last 3 jobs).

Mainoldo

It would seem many Man Utd fans are all about the cult of personality and not results.....hence Ole.
Terrible enit, whilst G.Nev wants to mention politics. This is full on Brexit model. Judging people based on appearance rather than skill set.

Expect better from this club.

Enigma_87

You know who
. Conte has history - one or two seasons Tuchel had a stint of 5years and 3 years in his relatively short career. You think they're the same. Okay.
Italy's job was bound to be temporary one. Doubt any top manager would want to make a big career managing a NT whilst at his peak.

He spent three seasons in Juve dominating the league, three seasons at Chelsea and proven himself at Inter where it's obvious it's not his level at the moment.

I doubt stints before Juve should count as he was making his name and normally he'd change clubs.

I'm pro-Conte...he isn't my first choice (Galtier) but he'd most definitely give our squad a tactical education and set minimum standards of effort and performance - a basic thing, but something we've lacked for years.

But that Delaney tweet calling him a 'pressing manager' isn't true.

His teams press intelligently but infrequently. Inter ranked 15th out of 20 teams in the 19/20 season for presses per game. 14th in 20/21.

His final season at Chelsea (no stats available for his first season) they ranked 18th of 20 teams.

What Conte does bring is an impeccably drilled defensive and attacking structure, a tactically aware team and players that give every drop of effort they have or take a seat on the bench.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Careful, you'll be labelled anti anyone but Ole with posts like that.
Sure but Ole's staying or going is still just one of details in this scheme.

Another appointment is going to be made in same spirit of 3 year vision of buying Glazers time for exactly another 3 years.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Can't believe this Delaney tweet didn't make the cut. Him being demonstrable shit in the Champions League? Nowt to do with him, guv.
If he was in for 2 years and made you better in both the league and Champions League (which would be a certainty) then why would whether he won the CL or not be a massive issue? You’re a million miles from winning it right now. Delaney is right: ”Conte is Mourinho mk2” is pathetic and totally wrong.

Sviken

Before we hire another manager, Ronaldo, Cavani, Mata, Matić will be gone and the new man in charge will have to sign the right profile of players or we're stuck where we are.

Chelsea's appointments look better from years. That's why their decisions being made for football sake and they can shovel themselves faster from cespool than us. It's quite different football culture when different things are prioritised.
Ole is not lasting this season, so regardless the new manager would have Ronaldo and Cavani. Mata and Matic are goner regardless if Ole stays or not (unless he decides to give them another 5 years contracts because they are his mates).

Highfather_24

Ten Hag unproven at the highest level(and dealing with big egos) and Zidane doesnt wanna be here.

NoLogo

. Conte has history - one or two seasons Tuchel had a stint of 5years and 3 years in his relatively short career. You think they're the same. Okay.
Tuchel has a fairly similar history of falling out with his bosses. At Mainz he left in anger, at Dortmund as well and as far as I can tell he wasn't really on good terms with Leonardo towards the end either. Both Tuchel and Conte are very inflexible characters and if the bosses think things should do differently or don't allow them to things their way fecal matter is going to hit the rotary impeller.

Status
Not open for further replies.