• Yes

Votes: 1,013 47.1%
  • No

Votes: 1,140 52.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

keithsingleton

Don't like Conte style of play at all. Christ we will be playing five at the back in some games. He won't know what to do with all our attacking force and have to be a mass clear out to play his style of football. Brendon Rodgers for me from what's available.

Carolina Red

Staff
Don't like Conte style of play at all. Christ we will be playing five at the back in some games. He won't know what to do with all our attacking force and have to be a mass clear out to play his style of football. Brendon Rodgers for me from what's available.
Indeed. Winning 30 games and scoring 85 league goals with a +52 goal difference is just terrible to even imagine.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It's interesting that you'd prefer a guy who was odds on to win a title with Liverpool, then crumbled, and whose team crumble every season, instead of a guy who has won the league here.

I'm really unsure on Conte, Zidane, Rodgers etc, but it seems odd to downplay the one guy who has won the big prize here.
I do know that all 3 of those would be better equipped than poor Ole though.

Lovely fantasty of a cult hero player transitioning into a top manager, but when you realise this is top level football, you wonder what other industry would employ someone without the top background of managing.

Stam99

This is a no brainer, anyone that thinks he is a defensive coach has got him wrong, his teams are very well drilled defensively when out of possession but when in possession his teams do some serious damage. He has used wingers as wing backs with great success playing quick attacking football

Zapata

I am very curious to see how our player would play under conte's style

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Sounds to me like we want to bring Conte in but don't want to have the pressure mounting with the upcoming fixture list. The bad news is the next 7 games are going to be hell. A caretaker would've been a smart move considering Ole's lost half the players.

After Arsenal at home with we have a relatively easy schedule with Palace, Young Boys, Norwich, Brentford. I hope Conte is in by then.

Rash Decision

not to use the cream
Sounds to me like we want to bring Conte in but don't want to have the pressure mounting with the upcoming fixture list. The bad news is the next 7 games are going to be hell. A caretaker would've been a smart move considering Ole's lost half the players.

After Arsenal at home with we have a relatively easy schedule with Palace, Young Boys, Norwich, Brentford. I hope Conte is in by then.
I thought the noise (from the club, not Italy) is that we don’t want Conte. And you have key figures backing Ole to stay on too.

Flytan

Maybe, but I don't feel like the board works like that. They're a bunch of cowards that would rather feed Ole to the wolves than sack him because they just gave him a new contract. I actually believe that they think if he wins the next 2 games that they'll keep him and thing they ride him out for the rest of the season. It's pathetic.

CM

I do get the reluctance with Conte. Ideally you'd want a manager with an aggressive style who could coach the likes of Rashford, Greenwood and Sancho to be more proactive off the ball and actually do a bit of pressing from the front.

We should do what Chelsea did with Tuchel. 18 month contract with an option to extend. If it doesn't work out, feck him off and you haven't lost much. If it goes well, great. We can't continue to sleepwalk with Solskjaer, and the lack of great available options might actually help us get away from this idea of being married to a manager for 3 or 4 years.

DutchCruijff

Since our last league title, Conte has won league titles at THREE different clubs - Juventus, Chelsea and Inter.

And our club and fans are turning their nose up on him yet were comfortable with Ole for the past 2 years? Our club and fans are reserved on him when Enrique, Zidane aren't interested at all and Ten Hag wants to wait till summer '22?

Unbelievable.

Bosnian_fan

Supports
Sarajevo
Conte actually does press high, he is nowhere near Mourinho, it's why he is still successful, while Mourinho is done at high level.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I'm sure some of you might have been watching the video but he has apparently changed some players positions at clubs.

Brozovic from CAM to CDM.
Moses to RWB.
Azpilicuetta to RCB.

I do like the sound of this, just because it does sound interesting.

Anyone have any ideas where someone may change their position for us?

SATA

Thread that pretty much summarizes my thoughts on Conte too. He's a top manager and is unfairly being compared to Mourinho. And in fact is probably more suited to our squad than any manager out there right now and the biggest guarantee to turn us into a title challenging team as soon as possible.

I don’t know but Ole has had superb results on merit at difficult away grounds as well. 2-0 away win at City last season for example. How about all the superb comebacks from being a goal down in most away games? Thing is every manager has his moments during a season

Spoony

The People's President
Since our last league title, Conte has won league titles at THREE different clubs - Juventus, Chelsea and Inter.

And our club and fans are turning their nose up on him yet were comfortable with Ole for the past 2 years? Our club and fans are reserved on him when Enrique, Zidane aren't interested at all and Ten Hag wants to wait till summer '22?

Unbelievable.

How do you know that?

honirelandboy

Yes I would and could see him lining up 5-3-2 with Lingard or Sancho taking the RWB position instead of AWB and a midfield three of Pogba Bruno and VDB with Ronaldo and Rashford up front.

Something has to give with this team and Conte will drop anyone not pulling their weight. Also won't be 10 headless chickens on the field.

Dobba

Interesting video from a Chelsea fan about Conte at Utd.
"He won't need a transfer window."
"Playing at a high level in a few weeks."
"If Conte was Manchester United manager against Spurs Harry Maguire would be dropped... Luke Shaw would be dropped...[...] the problems aren't personnel, they're tactical"

Has he got account on here?
I'm sure some of you might have been watching the video but he has apparently changed some players positions at clubs.
Rashford LWB, Dalot RWB, McTominay CB, Greenwood banging them in upfront for Spurs.

Houdini

Moses to RWB.
Azpilicuetta to RCB.

AWB to CB (can not by worse than recent Maguire). DVB to CM, Shaw as LWB/LW, Pogba to CAM, Lingard to SS.

honirelandboy

How I imagine us lining up with Conte.

RWB Sancho LWB Telles CB Maguire Varane Lindelof CM Pogba VDB Bruno CF Ronaldo CF Rashford

Crashoutcassius

Listen your job is safe until we can agree on who is going to replace you.
As it should be. Not emotional reactions like 'we must punish someone for a scoreline!'. Do what is best for the club with a calm head, even if it takes a year. Look at what the likes of Bayern do

SATA

If Conte does indeed drop Maguire, he won’t be United’s manager in a long while. The club simply won’t allow it to happen to a 80M asset to sit on the bench or out of the team. I personally think he will play Maguire in his XI though. Why wouldn’t he?

Stig

Do we just wait for Carlo Ancelotti to be available, and hope that it is soon ?

Catania

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Supports
Catania
If Conte does indeed drop Maguire, he won’t be United’s manager in a long while. The club simply won’t allow it to happen to a 80M asset to sit on the bench or out of the team. I personally think he will play Maguire in his XI though. Why wouldn’t he?
Maybe because he's slow, bad in 1on1, can't read the game and he's only good traits is heading away crosses.
And he's not a 80 asset as noone would pay even close to that for him.

But you don't have to be worried, he will play, but that is becouse of lack of better options, not Maguire being a good defender.

George The Best

Moses to RWB.
Azpilicuetta to RCB.

VDB from the bench to the pitch might be a start

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

Moses to RWB.
Azpilicuetta to RCB.

De Gea
Lindelof Varane Maguire
AWB/Dalot - Fred/Matic - Pogba/VdB - Shaw/Telles
Bruno/Sancho
Ronaldo/Cavani Rashford/Greenwood​

Front 3 swaps between wingers or 2 forwards and a 10. Think he tries to get Pogba to work in midfield now that he'd have a back 3 behind him, extra guy should be enough tbh. Slight chance at Lingard bring a RWB, Dalot LWB, Shaw LCB, Bruno being a CM and competing with Pogba.

RepardReece

Interesting video from a Chelsea fan about Conte at Utd.
Very interesting, thanks.

I think fans on here need to listen to the reaction from other fans - as a lot of my mates (Liverpool fans mainly) are saying they'd be worried if Conte was to come in and now there are Chelsea fans saying the same.

Natener

The club seems fine with 73M Jadon Sancho sitting on the bench, or is the benchmark specifically 80M and above?

Status
Not open for further replies.