Votes: 1,013 47.1%
  • No

Votes: 1,140 52.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
I don't think a coach should be defined by a single way of playing a system. It seems reasonable to assume if Conte did arrive we'd have another build job for a few seasons.
Tuchel didnt need it. Went to Chelsea and took then to UCL with a squad who a lot of people thought was worse than ours. Made it even better this season and results are there for everyone to see.

Good manager make the best use of the squad they have and improve it. This build up job is just mentioned as an excuse for managers failing. Its not like this squad isnt good enough now. We have good mix of young and experienced talent with a bright batch of academy talents waiting.

hobbers

I don't think a coach should be defined by a single way of playing a system. It seems reasonable to assume if Conte did arrive we'd have another build job for a few seasons.
And he wouldnt claim that we'd need one either. He'd expect results from himself immediately, because he's nothing like Ole. He's a winner. As a manager

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Indeed he’s won Coupe de France. Considering the resources PSG have it’s not that impressive, still.
Considering he hasnt even been there a full season maybe you are being slightly hasty

DutchCruijff

Very disappointed if this goes through.

Waiting till the summer with Ole in charge is laughable in itself. Waiting for Poch or Rodgers? Well, this club is digging its own grave.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
either a power play to force our hand, or we’ve genuinely told him we aren’t interested. I worry it’s the latter.

Only thing that’ll make me happy is getting Ten Haag instead.

DutchCruijff

This club is absolutely feckin' rotten, right from the top, meaning the board.

Waiting until the summer to get Ten Hag - he's not even proven - means we're writing ANOTHER feckin' season off. How many more times?

And Poch? Has overseen two major player revolts in the past 2 years. Where does this Pochettino infatuation come from?

Woodenlung

It's pretty obvious we don't want Conte. If we really did then Olé would have been sacked in the immediate aftermath of the Liverpool game.

A lot of Manchester based reporters carried the same line about us being worried about his temperament. They didn't all make that up. I don't think he's the toxic character that the reports suggest either. Just that the higher ups at the club don't want confrontation.

Wayne's World

We are fecked...I mean totally fecked If Conte takes over at Spurs

Wow I never thought I'd see us fall this low but we have

Sviken

Chelsea - Tuchel
Liverpool - Klopp
City - Guardiola
Spurs - Conte
Manchester United............. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

Think I'm gonna be sick, if this actually happens

spiriticon

It looks like no matter who takes over, there'll be a section of fanbase calling for the immediate sack so that their own preferred choice can take over.

The Caf is in a loop of eternal despair.

Bosnian_fan

Supports
Sarajevo
Caf : feck Conte

Caf when rumours he may go to Spurs : we are fecked
I'm sure it's not the same people saying these things.

I hope the club picks either Conte or Potter, but just decides on their option finally. Continuing with Ole would be ridiculous option.

Last edited:

Wilt

Chelsea - Tuchel
Liverpool - Klopp
City - Guardiola
Spurs - Conte

Shouldn’t laugh … but when you see it like that in writing, ffs :lol:

DutchCruijff

Pedulla saying that Nuno is gone and Conte is open to negotiations. In another tweet, says Patriaci wants to wrap this up by Tuesday to gazump any United interest.

So Conte, if assurances given, could actually end up coaching them within this week. I'd actually crack up if Ole loses vs Atalanta and City whilst Conte has already moved to Spurs.

Wilt

The worrying thing is …Spurs already know Conte’s demands and have gone back to him.

Utd might have done Spurs a massive favour.

We are fecked.

Kaos

Ugh, couldn't they have gone for Rodgers.

We're going to start next season with either Ole or Brendan aren't we...:rolleyes:

hobbers

If Spurs sack Nuno and go for Conte and we're sat with our thumbs up our arses I genuinely hope they finish above us.

Our spineless wretched board deserve nothing less.

Wilt

If Spurs sack Nuno and go for Conte and we're sat with our thumbs up our arses I genuinely hope they finish above us.

Our spineless wretched board deserve nothing less.
No worries there, if Conte goes to Spurs and we’re left with Ole …it’s a certainty Spurs will finish above us.

peridigm

A manager that loses his shit when he doesn't get transfers, working for a club that doesn't like to buy players the managers want. What could go wrong?

hobbers

No worries there, if Conte goes to Spurs and we’re left with Ole …it’s a certainty Spurs will finish above us.
Yeh I know they will. And I'll be happy if they do.

The board have cost us Klopp by behaving like deluded children. They cost us Poch and Tuchel in favour of a guy who relegated Cardiff. Now looks like they'll cost us Conte in favour of wasting another season on Ole and replacing him with a mediocre managerial turd like Brendan. It's disgusting and all it deserves is the club to implode and keep imploding until all of the cretins on the board are gone.

Blood Mage

A manager that loses his shit when he doesn't get transfers, working for a club that doesn't like to buy players the managers want. What could go wrong?
This is why we're not hiring him. Our owners want to continue bleeding the club dry without interference from the manager, and they want to continue signing high profile players who sell shirts rather than players who suit the manager's system. Conte would start questioning the running of the club within a couple of months.

We need to force these parasites out sooner or later as it's the only way we can progress as a club. It's a higher priority than being rid of Ole.

Sviken

Their incompetency has already cost them 500 million spent on a manager that is clueless. 2 of the high profile signings, that make up around 120 million of that, are sitting on the bench with no actual end in sight. Ironically, they'd spent less with Conte in comparison to sticking to Ole. You would think that these guys would have learned a thing or two given that a quality manager back almost a decade ago managed to keep the club alive on a shoestring budget. And even today - look at Klopp is doing at Liverpool. The reality is that the less qualified the manager is for the job, the more he needs to spend to keep up. And Ole needs to spend A LOT to keep up. And unfortunately the "keep up" is more in regards to a top 4 finish, not a title or anything.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Considering he hasnt even been there a full season maybe you are being slightly hasty
He lost the league against a team with much lower budget, having taken over when they were above them.

Truth is he hasn’t had any real achievements as a coach aside from getting Spurs into CL final. As much as it was impressive, they were crazy lucky to get there and did follow that up with a dreadful start to next season making it look like more of an one-off than anything sustainable.

He is also super light on trophies, and failed in both title races he was ever in. He will win the league with PSG this year but given the discrepancy of resources it’s not much of an achievement either. Well he may actually be out of the job before he can win the league anyway.

peridigm

Their incompetency has already cost them 500 million spent on a manager that is clueless. 2 of the high profile signings, that make up around 120 million of that, are sitting on the bench with no actual end in sight. Ironically, they'd spent less with Conte in comparison to sticking to Ole. You would think that these guys would have learned a thing or two given that a quality manager back almost a decade ago managed to keep the club alive on a shoestring budget. And even today - look at Klopp is doing at Liverpool. The reality is that the less qualified the manager is for the job, the more he needs to spend to keep up. And Ole needs to spend A LOT to keep up. And unfortunately the "keep up" is more in regards to a top 4 finish, not a title or anything.
Was talking about Spurs but go ahead and preach it.

If Spurs appoint Conte, he won’t last 2 seasons. He might last 3 here but would probably get us playing better for the short term at least. Ole is skating on thin ice. The Glazers are business men and will sack Ole if he does not turn things around. The question is how patient are they? I think they’re patient enough to let Spurs sign Conte.

Micky Targaryen

A) What “hints of interest” would you reasonably be expecting from the board? It would be extremely unprofessional and unfair on Solskjaer.

B) Conte already rejected Spurs and I’m sure some more money would make no difference.
A) Maybe some minor briefs to the press. I don’t know. Besides tabloid rumours and the board reiterating their faith in Ole, it’s been relatively quiet and it’s depressing if we found out that the board never intended to sign Conte and we lose him to Spurs or another club.

B) Everyone has a price.

Micky Targaryen

Chelsea - Tuchel
Liverpool - Klopp
City - Guardiola
Spurs - Conte

I've been saying this same thing as my mates for months. It's ridiculous, really. I wish our rivals were as romantic as us, telling tales of the nostalgic Chelsea Way, Liverpool Way, and the City Way.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
You think our laughable "model" is somehow superior to theirs right now? Morally? Results-wise?
Not really because we clearly have a lack of forward planning at the top of our club which we massively need to rectify. That doesn’t mean I want to be anything like Chelsea or the model they use. If we are going to base ourselves on anyone I’d go for the data led approach Liverpool use mixed with the football led approach Bayern utilise. Having some murderous oil tyrant who sacks managers on site, has endless pockets and who has never cared about good football is my idea of football nightmare and goes against the whole reason I support Utd.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I've been saying this same thing as my mates for months. It's ridiculous, really. I wish our rivals were as romantic as us, telling tales of the nostalgic Chelsea Way, Liverpool Way, and the City Way.
Obviously city and Chelsea fans can’t be romantic they are entirely plastic clubs with very little history that completely rely on sugar daddy owners. Fair play if that’s what you want Utd to be.

GueRed

Chelsea - Tuchel
Liverpool - Klopp
City - Guardiola
Spurs - Conte

Even worse when you take into account its McKenna and Carrick doing the actual coaching...

the_cliff

I've mentioned before I don't think he'll go to Spurs and still don't think he will. If he does go it's worrying as that means Levy has promised a significant amount of investment. Can see Spurs finishing above us this year if they get Conte. Will make our board look even more inept if we miss out on CL.

saivet

Maybe I'm naive but I doubt Conte would accept the Spurs job this week knowing that he could wait less than a week before potentially getting the United job.

If he goes to Spurs it probably indicates that either we've ruled him out or Ole is staying.

Conte will know the Spurs job will still be there for him if he wants it. They're so desperate I don't think Spurs can afford to give him a deadline of Tuesday to decide.

the_cliff

Maybe I'm naive but I doubt Conte would accept the Spurs job this week knowing that he could wait less than a week before potentially getting the United job.

If he goes to Spurs it probably indicates that either we've ruled him out or Ole is staying.

Conte will know the Spurs job will still be there for him if he wants it. They're so desperate I don't think Spurs can afford to give him a deadline of Tuesday to decide.
I think he'll wait until the international break before committing just in case, it's the obvious thing to do. Could get a bigger contract as well. Both Spurs and United after him will create a bidding war. The worrying thing is we still stick with Ole. It's hard to wrap my head around, the fact that Conte could be at Spurs and we still have a failed Cardiff City manager at United is mind boggling.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
In fairness Liverpool suffer from this every bit as us if not more, it’s part of what led them going 30 years without a title. They lucked out big time getting Klopp, but I fully expect them to appoint Gerard when Klopp leaves.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

Pedulla saying that Nuno is gone and Conte is open to negotiations. In another tweet, says Patriaci wants to wrap this up by Tuesday to gazump any United interest.

So Conte, if assurances given, could actually end up coaching them within this week. I'd actually crack up if Ole loses vs Atalanta and City whilst Conte has already moved to Spurs.
I’m just hoping this is Conte’s team trying to put pressure on us.

Status
Not open for further replies.