• Yes

Votes: 1,013 47.1%
  • No

Votes: 1,140 52.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick7

This is a reactionary post that I may regret later but I’m done being emotionally invested in this club until they - either the Board or the coaching team - demonstrate some basic level of competence and ambition that befits a club of this stature. I’m not convinced that they’re playing a long game to wait for Ten Hag, they’re just hoping to continue with Ole for as long as possible.

And apart from emotional investment in the club you support, what is football but entertainment? And is United’s football entertaining? Not to me.
Not really that controversial. I agree with all of that. The board and owners desperately want Ole to succeed. Unfortunately that is to the detriment of the club.

Affirmation

The way we are managed is honestly embarrassing. Tottenham are essentially acting how we should have, yet we are meant to be the bigger club with higher standards considering our history and financial prowess. Those in positions of influence are proving how clueless, deluded and unambitious they really are.

Last edited:

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
I do indeed expect Conte to get Kane to wake up but their midfield is still poverty and their fullbacks (soon to be wingbacks) aren’t all that great. Don’t think a top 4 place is on the cards for them this season but they’ll be strong next year if Levy let’s Conte build his team.

Idxomer

Conte will be extra motivated to get top 4 after getting turned down by the clowns at United.

NoMidfielders

Very much enjoyed our win at the weekend but Spurs may be the real winners from this. With Conte off the market we basically have no choice but to keep Ole for the rest of the season unless Poch gets sacked even if City and Chelsea do us similar to Pool.

RUCK4444

Ole will school Conte on his own system by the time he touches down in Heathrow :D

Don’t implode guys, I don’t think Conte suited us. It would have been short term appointment but I know a lot would have still taken that.

Pointless getting worked up over it. I don’t think the board, SAF included fancied Conte, so it probably wouldn’t have happened anyway.

Stadjer

Spurs sack their manager after a 0-3 loss to Manchester United, a team with better player than they have.

Manchester United keeps their manager after an embarrassing 0-5 loss against their main rival.

Even Spurs have higher standards....

DevTheRed

Spurs hiring a world class and proven winner for a coach whilst our board sit about twiddling their thumbs :houllier:

Marcus

This may show United's board up to be incompetent fools. Let's see where Spurs finish now.

Nick7

I do indeed expect Conte to get Kane to wake up but their midfield is still poverty and their fullbacks (soon to be wingbacks) aren’t all that great. Don’t think a top 4 place is on the cards for them this season but they’ll be strong next year if Levy let’s Conte build his team.
They may not get top 4. But Conte at Spurs makes getting top 4 for United quite a bit harder. They’ll be pushing for it.

Eddy_JukeZ

Manchester City - Pep
Liverpool - Klopp
Chelsea - Tuchel
Tottenham - Conte

We have Ole

You can't make this up :lol: :lol: :lol:

Arsenal will probably hire Ten Hag once they're done with Arteta.

fergosaurus

If Ole is here at the end of the season then he's here next season. The club will make a big deal of improving the squad in the transfer window and the fans will lap it up like sheep. Rinse and repeat.
At the start of the season it was title challenge or bust. Now the standards have dropped so much limping over the line to 4th would be seen as a good achievement by the board and he'd get another transfer window.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
So the reports that the only job he’d consider taking mid-season would be United were bollox.

Swiss_Red89

I'm glad. Wouldn't have wanted Conte tbh. I hope we will go for Ten Hag or Poch for next season.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I'm probably gonna be in the minority here but it's the correct move by the club IMO, and we should wait for the right candidate whether that be ten Hag or Potter.

Conte is a good coach and I can understand peoples frustration but it's the correct call by the club IMO.

leontas

We truly are allergic to success. We keep dilly dallying because Ed and co. are too afraid to admit their own mistakes. And come end of season, we'll pay the price of their gross incompetence...

the_cliff

We used to laugh at Liverpool fans, now we're in their position 10 years ago. Incompetent management ruining our club.

Eddy_JukeZ

I'm probably gonna be in the minority here but it's the correct move by the club IMO, and we should wait for the right candidate whether that be ten Hag or Potter.

Conte is a good coach and I can understand peoples frustration but it's the correct call by the club IMO.
It would be a good call if they're serious about replacing Ole.

But I really don't think they are. He is the perfect manager for the Glazers and our board.

If we miss out on top 4, he probably gets sacked, but that would be a disaster of a season.

I mean, it's October and we're in a top 4 battle again.

TheRedDevil2019

Thank god for this. If and when Ole goes the only managers I'd take would be Poch or Ten Hag. Spurs are welcome to Conte.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Ole will school Conte on his own system by the time he touches down in Heathrow :D

Don’t implode guys, I don’t think Conte suited us. It would have been short term appointment but I know a lot would have still taken that.

Pointless getting worked up over it. I don’t think the board, SAF included fancied Conte, so it probably wouldn’t have happened anyway.
There is no such a thing as a long term appointment in Sport.

passtheball

We are going to finish outside the top 4 aren't we :lol:

Watch all the Ole-ins/oppo-fans jumping at joy that another winner has gone to a top 6 rival.

BlueHaze

And you really have even an ounce of belief this board are capable of finding

"the right candidate" ?

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
If Conte takes Spurs to top 4 and Man United are Europa or worse….. WOW!!

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Manchester City - Pep
Liverpool - Klopp
Chelsea - Tuchel
Tottenham - Conte

We have Ole

This place would burn to the ground if that happened.

Wayne's World

We are going to sack Ole in a few weeks time and be looking at Steve Bruce and Ryan Giggs for the role....

My god...done with this football club, it's not even one anymore

ConteIsLife

RodgersIsLife was taken
He's not going to go to Spurs because he's a winner and they won't give him what he needs to win the PL.

Doesn't change the fact this club is a joke though.

Edit: Just seen the odds, I'm done.

Rash Decision

not to use the cream

My only hope left for this club is that you’re right Adnan. Personally I’m convinced that the club just has no concrete plan beyond Ole, and really cannot see what an abysmal job he’s doing.

Highfather_24

People trying to cope by saying we will go for Ten Hag dont realise that we are stuck with Ole, unless he fecks up top 4. And then we will go "british" for Rodgers. This club is finished. Allergic to success.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Manchester City - Pep
Liverpool - Klopp
Chelsea - Tuchel
Tottenham - Conte

We have Ole

Really is quite staggering that probably the 4 best managers in world football are all in the Premier League and not one of them is at Man United.

Status
Not open for further replies.