Would you take Mbappe if given the chance?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
United fans (online) would be way too ‘ashamed’ to take Mbappe. He’s too big for us. I’ve never seen absolute superstars that everyone actually wants at United in 19 years reading this place. We like ‘good, but not Madrid good - but at least they are OURs :devil: ‘. Any player who might also be pursued by Madrid attracts suspicion and a lack of connection.

Last edited:

Spoony

The People's President
United fans (online) would be way too ‘ashamed’ to take Mbappe. He’s too big for us. I’ve never seen absolute superstars that everyone actually wants at United in 19 years reading this place. We like ‘good, but not Madrid good - but at least they are OUTs :devil: ‘. Any player who might also be pursued by Madrid attracts suspicion and a lack of connection.
You're good at this stuff aren't you?

Eplel

I'd be prepared to give Fred and McT to PSG to have him.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
What if the Qataris fancy Rashford to join him at PSG and not the other way around? :nervous:
I think United will be the priority

Way more popular
Premier league also more popular
Far more money invested in United

I doubt they'd buy a Ferrari and put the wheels on a Citroën.

Chief123

So exciting to know he’ll be coming in the summer. Mbappe and Rashford will rip up Europe under ETH.

Valencia Shin Crosses

United fans (online) would be way too ‘ashamed’ to take Mbappe. He’s too big for us. I’ve never seen absolute superstars that everyone actually wants at United in 19 years reading this place. We like ‘good, but not Madrid good - but at least they are OUTs :devil: ‘. Any player who might also be pursued by Madrid attracts suspicion and a lack of connection.
This is so true, if a player is too good then everyone just cries about how they will leave us for RM. And if they are just pretty good, then they are beloved as "ours" here even if we could upgrade on them.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Does a bear shit in the woods?

Mbappe on left
Rashy through the middle
Sancho on the right
Bellingham and Casemiro in the midfield

:drool::drool::drool:

Chief123

On the bench tonight to avoid picking up an injury before his big summer move. :drool:

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Does a bear shit in the woods?

Mbappe on left
Rashy through the middle
Sancho on the right
Bellingham and Casemiro in the midfield

:drool::drool::drool:
The problems are, Rashy isn't really good in the middle, Sancho hasn't really find his feet yet at Old Trafford, Garnacho future career at United will be done as he will be bench option here forever, and signing both Mbappe and Bellingham in the summer would be near impossible (could cost us over 400-500m in one window, is that even allowed?)

Sauxees Moi Hui

If Qatar takes us over, parking Mbappe at United will actually be a sensible move. That way, he gets to play in a league that is not League 1, but still remains a Qatari asset. Might make him happy enough to ward off the likes of Madrid once and for all.

I'd imagine the rest of the football world would cry foul over a transfer like that, though. Would feel like self-dealing, regardless of the price paid.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Would I take him - in a heartbeat.

Would he really want to come ? NO. He is joining Real.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I have this weird feeling of never fascinated on seeing him with United shirt. It's not about rejecting world class player joining us. I was freaking happy when Varane and Casemiro joined us. I'd probably dance naked on the street if Kimmich or Saka join us.

croadyman

I have this weird feeling of never fascinated on seeing him with United shirt. It's not about rejecting world class player joining us. I was freaking happy when Varane and Casemiro joined us. I'd probably dance naked on the street if Kimmich or Saka join us.
Yeah been huge Kimmich fan for years but certain he's Bayern through and through. I thought Saka could be another Arsenal to City transfer then they put together a title challenge this season.

croadyman

Why have you never wanted him in Utd shirt

Strelok

In FM or Fifa yes.

In real life? He's another narcissistic ahole.

Remember when he decided to stop running because the ball wasn't passed to him? If he can fix that and work for the team yes. If not then no.

Valencia Shin Crosses

If Qatar takes us over, parking Mbappe at United will actually be a sensible move. That way, he gets to play in a league that is not League 1, but still remains a Qatari asset. Might make him happy enough to ward off the likes of Madrid once and for all.

I'd imagine the rest of the football world would cry foul over a transfer like that, though. Would feel like self-dealing, regardless of the price paid.
I'd get over it watching him and Rashford interchange on the break as we shred teams on the counter.

Ted Lasso

Doesn't he by now have a reputation of being a super prima donna worse than CR7, Messi and Neymar combined?

I'm also not sure our new wage structure can accommodate a player earning 1m p/w.
He has a reputation as the the best player in the world, already a World Cup winner and having just scored a feckin hat trick in the WC Final where he was also the golden boot winner. At 24 years old.

Please butter that prima donna up and serve it to me hot or cold or leave it in the streets I'll crawl out to lick that plate clean on all fours.

Irony here is the prima donna United fans who'd turn their nose up to signing Mbappe. Funny how irrational and emotional people are.

ROFLUTION

If Qatar takes us over then surely transfering him from one qatar asset to another will seem greatly suspect, no? Hardly two completely independent assets

NoLogo

He has a reputation as the the best player in the world, already a World Cup winner and having just scored a feckin hat trick in the WC Final where he was also the golden boot winner. At 24 years old.

Please butter that prima donna up and serve it to me hot or cold or leave it in the streets I'll crawl out to lick that plate clean on all fours.

Irony here is the prima donna United fans who'd turn their nose up to signing Mbappe. Funny how irrational and emotional people are.
:lol: Calm down, mate.

Would I love to see him play for United? If we can afford him, sure.

Do I think it would go smoothly within the squad if bring in another player who prefers to play on the left and bin Rashford for it? Probably not. I think that's more rational thinking about it than "He as scored in WC final, butter him up." Keeping team harmony and unity is seldom this simple, we should know that by now.

If there is Qatar money to spend next summer and ten Hag says "Yes bring Mbappé in I would love that." Then all good, I'm 100% on board with us signing him, he in the end is the only one who can make the decision if it's a good idea to bring him in and if he can integrate him into our system, we just need to be careful with not creating another Ronaldo problem.

Jeffthered

Of course, best attacking player in world football.

Unfortunately I feel if he ever becomes a Premiership player he'll be in London.

The Urban Goose

No idea. I'm doubtful about whether he can play in a Ten Hag team as whenever I've watched him play he seems a bit lazy off the ball to me. But if ETH thinks it can work, that's all I need to know.

IRELANDUNITED

No offence to the original poster but what kind of question is this. Would you take probably the best player in the world at the minute, errrr let me think about that, eh yes?

Sylar

No idea. I'm doubtful about whether he can play in a Ten Hag team as whenever I've watched him play he seems a bit lazy off the ball to me. But if ETH thinks it can work, that's all I need to know.
People said this about Martial too, but when hes been fit for those 115 minutes or so, hes done well and weve looked even better.

Dazzmondo

I don't think it is as cut and dry as some here are making out. There are some issues with Mbappe. I'll say that for me he's the best player in the world and would obviously add massive quality to the team. However, some of the bad things Mbappe brings are:
  • Concerns around falling out with teammates. I've no problem with ego, all top players have that but he still needs to get along with teammates and most importantly respect the manager's authority.
  • His wage would be on a completely different level to any other player in the league and we currently seem to be kinda borderline in relation to FFP which even new owners couldn't just magically address overnight.
  • He offers pretty much no defensive output and never presses, which was already a massive problem with Ronaldo. You'd imagine a major reason Weghorst and Antony are so favoured by ETH is their pressing, since they both excel in this regard but have been limited in other areas for us so far.
  • His favourite position is on the lw which is where our best attacking player is also at his best. This means at least one of them will need to play either as a striker or on the rw which they might not be happy with and this could also directly impact their performances. If neither can play the way ETH wants his striker to, which his reluctance to start Rashford as a striker would suggest in his case, then we also would need to sign a top striker in addition to Mbappe, which would also cost huge money and put even more strain on our ability to meet FFP regulations.
If ETH is still happy to sign Mbappe in spite of these issues then I'm all for it. However, I would not want our new owners to come in and sign Mbappe without ETH giving his stamp of approval first. The progress we're showing isn't worth destroying just for a big superstar signing. That's the approach we consistently took under Woodward and it consistently failed. Mbappe's on a different level to any of those players we signed, but if ETH doesn't have a way to fit him into his plans, it could cause the exact same problems as those signings. Real Madrid's Galacticos have already shown that simply having the best players in the world isn't enough without having a functional team they can fit into and help improve.

evil_geko

Why do people think it is so crazy about not being sure if you want him? This isn't FIFA or FM, it is real life. He is already being called "best player in the world" so I would guess that slapped good amount of ego on him, and with that we could possibly see some clash with Ten Hag, maybe he could refuse to press as much as manager wants him to because he is "bigger" than our manager. Do people really think that situation is impossible to happen? And I would stand behind manager every fecking time, even if the player in question is prime Messi himself. Not saying it would happen but just saying there are many factors to consider, this isn't FIFA.

There is also question of that transfer pushing Rashford out of his best position, hindering Garnacho development etc etc.

I would rather have harmony in team than expensive toy just for the sake of it and for bragging rights. But I guess young generation don't get this. It is just buy expensive best players so I can brag to my friends.

Loon

:lol:
Old man face doesn't seem capable of making up his mind. He's like a footballing Hamlet.

Orange Tree

The problem with Ronaldo was not only his lack of pressing, but his overall ability is just not there anymore. I'm sure Ten Hag will be able to integrate Mbappe into the team.

That said, it's not happening.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Same player who stopped running up the field on a counter because someone didnt pass him the ball. For all his brilliance, Redcafe is going to absolutely hate this guy the moment he shows his diva tendencies.

LuckyScout78

I definitely would pick Mbappe over Kane and Osihmen.

Mbappe is just meant to on this top top level. A nice football manuscript. That i have really enjoying watching and following so far. Same as Messi and Ronaldo. Mbappe will go that GOAT path too. One of the greatest of all time in the future.

Real Name

Is the water wet?

I know I know, few posters will come up to explain water isnt in fact wet.