g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Would you take Mbappe if given the chance?

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
I would. He would make a better manager than Potter.. joking.. I think.

Erik the Red

I believe that clip is not new. All players show their frustration at times, and that is not a bad thing, as it shows they care. If Mbappe really is available, ETH would weigh things up, how much Mbappe could bring to the team (probably the best player in the world right now), and whether ETH thought he could man-manage him effectively to bring the best out of him, and integrate him to become a team player.

Ferguson tried to sign Gazza, but he ended up at Tottenham and ruined his career. Who knows what he could have achieved at United? Conversely, he let Ravel Morrison leave because he didn't think he could help him. Mbappe is clearly disciplined, and that has enabled him to become such a great player. He just needs to be taught that football is a team sport, and we can only win as a team. Look at what happened when Rashford overslept, ETH brought him back in line. Sancho also had issues, and now look at him. For the best player in the world, I think ETH could channel his passion into playing for the team.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Mbappe is clearly disciplined, and that has enabled him to become such a great player. He just needs to be taught that football is a team sport, and we can only win as a team.
It's kinda hard to judge him on that given the team he plays for. PSG isn't exactly a model of professionalism, from top to bottom. Apparently some journos asked what they needed to beat Bayern and his answer was "to eat and sleep right", which, well, that really only sounds one way...

OleGunnar20

Brilliant player, massive ego. I'd rather sign someone a level below him with a good attitude who'd gel with the team than become Mbappe FC.

Pintu

It's kinda hard to judge him on that given the team he plays for. PSG isn't exactly a model of professionalism, from top to bottom. Apparently some journos asked what they needed to beat Bayern and his answer was "to eat and sleep right", which, well, that really only sounds one way...
A dig at Neymar who took part in some Poker tournament last week... Apparently he responded by doing a Hazard, adding a Mcdonald to his adventures.

https://www.goal.com/en/news/neymar...ern-kylian-mbappe-warning/blt9fc1c64053a46c03

"Neymar spotted at poker tournament & McDonald's just HOURS after PSG's loss to Bayern and Kylian Mbappe's 'eat & sleep well' warning"

antk

Ole'sattheWheel

No thanks I’d rather stick with Martial who's never fit and can only play about 10 games a season

Pintu

A dig to nobody as Mbappé's comments preceded Neymar's night out.
I think Mbappé knew already about Neymar's night-life. It seems he (Neymar) hasn't been himself since the WC.

Last edited:

surf

I mean yes but I would be worried about balance, he is top drawer but another player very similar to what we have, if it is a choice between Mbappe and another top striker for instance Osimhen, then if that player was offering something different I think I would go against Mbappe.

I also think he is a bit of a dick, I am not sure his personality would not be a distraction, Mbappe wants to be the star player with all the focus on him, not sure that is a good fit with ETH

I think his wage demands would destroy the wage structure/cap.
This is exactly my concern, even if he is available.

Andy_Cole

Last summer all I wanted was a top top manager (ten Hag) and no ego signings. I wanted to clear any toxicity from united. I even said I did not want Haaland.

I got my wish on all counts. Obviously Haaland would’ve been nice (now Raiola has passed), but I just want a team spirit here. A top style of play rather than top players. I want system players.

Stick with the mantra and we’ll succeed.

scottser

Of course, best attacking player in world football.

Unfortunately I feel if he ever becomes a Premiership player he'll be in London.
I've heard he has a thing for sprawling council estates, canals and accents with excessive glottlestops. He wont last pissing time in that London.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
I believe that clip is not new. All players show their frustration at times, and that is not a bad thing, as it shows they care. If Mbappe really is available, ETH would weigh things up, how much Mbappe could bring to the team (probably the best player in the world right now), and whether ETH thought he could man-manage him effectively to bring the best out of him, and integrate him to become a team player.

Ferguson tried to sign Gazza, but he ended up at Tottenham and ruined his career. Who knows what he could have achieved at United? Conversely, he let Ravel Morrison leave because he didn't think he could help him. Mbappe is clearly disciplined, and that has enabled him to become such a great player. He just needs to be taught that football is a team sport, and we can only win as a team. Look at what happened when Rashford overslept, ETH brought him back in line. Sancho also had issues, and now look at him. For the best player in the world, I think ETH could channel his passion into playing for the team.
Doesn't matter if it's old or new, that clip is downright disrespectful to his team, his manager and the fans, if he apologized and has never done anything similar again then fine he learned a lesson, but if he hasn't apologized then I'd not want him in my team - but that's me

fergiewherearethou

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Last summer all I wanted was a top top manager (ten Hag) and no ego signings. I wanted to clear any toxicity from united. I even said I did not want Haaland.

I got my wish on all counts. Obviously Haaland would’ve been nice (now Raiola has passed), but I just want a team spirit here. A top style of play rather than top players. I want system players.

Stick with the mantra and we’ll succeed.
At the level we were at when ETH came, system players were the best answer, but once we have a clear style of play, good team spirit, chemistry between the players and we come knocking at the doors of the big trophies we may need that top player to make a difference.

arthurka

Mbappe he is probably the best player on the planet right now. I would love to have him.

Kag

I don’t read much into PSG, so is there any actual evidence for Mbappe’s poor attitude there?

Genuinely curious. Apparently it’s all about him and he’s a prick: what has he done to warrant this reputation?

justsomebloke

One thing's for sure - if it's true about it being one of the terms in his current contract that he gets a say in how the team plays, selections and so on, then that's an absolute no-go to me. No player is worth that.

That being said, he's obviously a unique talent. But most of all, it seems like the wrong focus to me to think in terms of megastar signings right now.

Peelhead

One thing's for sure - if it's true about it being one of the terms in his current contract that he gets a say in how the team plays, selections and so on, then that's an absolute no-go to me. No player is worth that.

That being said, he's obviously a unique talent. But most of all, it seems like the wrong focus to me to think in terms of megastar signings right now.
That surely can't be right?! It's madness if they allowed that but it does seem a toxic environment.

If true, he's probably not aware that it's actually damaging himself as well by getting involved in areas outside of his expertise.

He's got the talent but can still improve, he should be devoting his energy to being a better player and a better man overall imo.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Again ability wise it's not even a debate. Anyone would want the best player in the world.

However given the fact he's on a reported £1m a week I think we can more or less forget it chaps. He's not going anywhere.

arthurka

If there is one player who would light shit up at Utd it's him. Just don't see ETH going for that profile.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
This could backfire on me but considering that he would usurp Rashford's place in the line up i rather not.

Must be said though him under ten hag is a very scary prospect.

FujiVice

Rashford and Mpabbe wouldnt be fairplay. Not financially, I mean in general!

meamth

For 2 mil salary per week if we does sign him (now currently 1.3 mil euros per week), I'd expect hattrick every half of each fixtures and immaculate solo goals in 3 games. 100 assists per season and 150 goals per season.

Ridiculous, unrealistic signing that will break any team's wage structure. Best we avoid.

Valencia Shin Crosses

For 2 mil salary per week if we does sign him (now currently 1.3 mil euros per week), I'd expect hattrick every half of each fixtures and immaculate solo goals in 3 games. 100 assists per season and 150 goals per season.

Ridiculous, unrealistic signing that will break any team's wage structure. Best we avoid.
What is this obsession with wage structure recently? Would you have turned down prime Messi too just because his wages would be astronomical?
The best players in the world get paid the highest. Trust me Rashfords next contract will be huge too. Get over it

cpresc

If we get bought by Qatar then i reckon its on. We wants to leave and they’ll figure out a deal with their PSG buddies to get it done. Wouldn’t surprise me if this deal is already done with the new owners behind the scenes and everything just staying low key for now.

On the point of Mbappe’s behaviour, maybe it’s partly due to the fact he’s a winner mentality while playing at a joke of a club that is basically a circus. He might actually relish the strict structure of Ten Hag, especially when he’s seeing the performance of all the players improving.

Rashford and Mbappe upfront would be absolutely incredible. Both can play out wide on both sides and love coming in. Ten Hag loves fluency upfront and he’d make it work.

meamth

What is this obsession with wage structure recently? Would you have turned down prime Messi too just because his wages would be astronomical?
The best players in the world get paid the highest. Trust me Rashfords next contract will be huge too. Get over it
Different times mate, wages were not as astronomical as it is today. I don't want to see someone with 1.3 mil salary per week in my club.

As much as I believe "GOAT" level players deserve that much, I don't think we need Mbappe to win the title. What we need is a good functioning team.

EDIT:
Even more baffling when you realise PSG haven't won a single CL since they signed Neymar and Mbappe. Why would you want someone to ruin our club like that? Player power in Manchester United? No way.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Is it realistic? No, I dont think so. His wages and fee is something we cannot afford.
Is he right to call out the party boy? 100%

DevTheRed

For the wages he’d want probably not. Just not a fan of having ‘superstar’ players with wages so much high than everyone else.

Messes with the wage structure and messes with team morale.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Different times mate, wages were not as astronomical as it is today. I don't want to see someone with 1.3 mil salary per week in my club.

As much as I believe "GOAT" level players deserve that much, I don't think we need Mbappe to win the title. What we need is a good functioning team.

EDIT:
Even more baffling when you realise PSG haven't won a single CL since they signed Neymar and Mbappe. Why would you want someone to ruin our club like that? Player power in Manchester United? No way.
And Messi, Donnuruma, Verrati, Hakimi, Ramos, Fabian etc - this is why I’m worried about Qatar ownership - seems like a new bunch of signings without any team being built.

If we instantly buy Mbappe - they might say F it - let’s buy Osimhen and play Mbappe as a RW. F it let’s buy Gavrdiol and play Lisandro Martinez in CDM, RCB or as our back up LCB.

I just don’t want to get Qatar involved in signings - I’d rather that stick with Ten Hag.

Mbappe seems like a bit of a Qatar signing that I’d only want if Ten Hag wants him or even needs him as well.

Suv666

Would be a fecking moron to say no. Arguably the top 3 players of his generation