• No

Votes: 904 63.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Wait this isn't real is it??
I know, I’m a little disturbed to see his name linked with us more than is comfortable. Is it a case of no smoke without fire, or is it just speculation?

I have no idea what to make of him. If he brings Barnes and Ndidi with him it would sweeten things a bit. But I’m just not excited by his potential appointment at all. The fact Leicester fans aren’t arsed about the prospect of losing him says it all.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Rodger's has a much higher ceiling in terms of actual talent and ability than Ole, but there's a very similar stumbling block in that I don't see him taking us to the very top. Which means honestly, what's the point? The football and organisation of the side would be better, we'd have an actual style, lovely, but we'd be not that much closer to winning the big trophies.

Plus he is a prat, but I'm really trying to forget that aspect and be more rational and fair.
What's Leicester's style?

laughtersassassin

Yes but your starting point can’t be “I don’t think he’s the right guy but feck it let’s do it anyway because there’s nobody else right now” - that wastes a feck load of money and more importantly time when they inevitably don’t work out. Either you think he’s the guy or not.
The club think he is a good option and that's all that matters really.

I think he might be good but I'd have my doubts.

There isn't a manager available that I don't have my doubts about though

laughtersassassin

Rodgers won't come to United for few months. He's managing Leicester not Molde or its Scottish counterpart Celtic.

No manager knows how long they will get

If he does well he should get years.

If he does shit months.

Same as joining any club

Judas

Open to offers
The club think he is a good option and that's all that matters really.

I think he might be good but I'd have my doubts.

There isn't a manager available that I don't have my doubts about though
Pretty much. There's no guarantees in management. It would be a lie to say Klopp for example always looked like he'd succeed at Liverpool, it wasn't always roses. He wasn't hired knowing it would work. Picking management is a gamble, obviously there's better gambles than others. Unless you're a loaded club hiring Pep, that's pretty much the biggest sure thing in football.

MUFC OK

I'd prefer him to Poch. But Ten Hag is the one we should be prioritising if we want to bring the glory days back. If its the latter we should get Rangnick/Wenger til the end of the season.

redsunited

Against a Chelsea side that would be Champions of Europe 2 weeks later and a squad built on a fraction of the cost. If you don't want him fine but don't try to shit on an achievement like that because Schmeichel kept them in it, they were underdogs.
Have some perspective. Don't try to bullshit the free fall in the league twice by bigging up a cup run in FA cup.

MUFC OK

Pretty much. There's no guarantees in management. It would be a lie to say Klopp for example always looked like he'd succeed at Liverpool, it wasn't always roses. He wasn't hired knowing it would work. Picking management is a gamble, obviously there's better gambles than others. Unless you're a loaded club hiring Pep, that's pretty much the biggest sure thing in football.
I think people forget that Tuchel wasn't exactly a surefire success when Chelsea appointed him, just the best available at the time. He'd won Ligue 1 with PSG (so what) and taken them to the final of the CL. I'd like a manager who has gone far in the CL: Ten Hag or Poch before Rodgers.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
So here's the situation. Our football decision making people (Woodward, Arnold, Murtough and Fletcher) were probably watching the paint dry during the second half of last season which explains why Ole was given a contract extension and why they were caught with their pants down when shit finally hit fan. The geniuses are terrified of interim managers because if the interim manager wins 3 games in a row then they would struggle to control themselves from giving him a 3 year contract. These gentlemen had allowed Conte to join Spurs even though he was ready to sign an 18 month contract out of fear that he might rock their boat to much. They probably want Rodgers not because they think he's the right man for us but because of some silly clause in his contract.

There is absolutely no shadow of a doubt that Rodgers is better then Ole. He knows his tactics, he's got his own philosophy and he'll stick to it. However a good 60-70% of managers in the Serie A, EPL and La Liga fall in that category. The guy is a bottler, he is not particularly great in signing players, he is not particularly successful in Europe and tend to struggle making it to top 4. He also had issues with Liverpool because they wanted to introduce data analysis in football and shot down Rodger's plans of bringing in his mates from Swansea. Is that the sort of manager you want at United? Doesn't he reeks of Moyes to you?

Ask yourself if Pep, Klopp or Zidane were available/interested would they go for Rodgers? If the likes of Ancelotti or Pochs were available would they go or should they go for Rodgers? So why are you settling for sixth best?
He's not even sixth best to be honest.

There are so many coaches I'd take before I even consider Rodgers. Lets be real, if we're after ex-Liverpool coaches Rafa Benitez is a far superior coach and I wouldn't want him anywhere near Man Utd.

To me, this all comes back to the problem that people like Ragnick are being ruled out because they are asking for control of football affairs. By all reports, United are turning down perfectly good candidates, like him and Conte, because they want to challenge the extremely unsuccessful way our club is being run. That should set alarm bills ringing for any United fan.

We're going for Brentan, not because the Board thinks he's better than the alternatives, but because the Board thinks he's less likely to rock the boat. That should frighten all of us.

What must the players think of this? Seeing the Board turn down Conte because he's ambitious and settling for an Anfield reject? I can't imagine the likes of Ronaldo, Bruno, Pogba etc will see this as showing ambition.

SonyaCross493

I hope the people who voted no actually give the bloke a fair chance for the good of Manchester United. Every new manager deserves support and goodwill fron the fans.

it'll be nice to see a Manchester United properly organised and coached team for the first time in years.

Last edited:

foxedup

Supports
Leicester
Would Rodgers really be that Bad? I think he is a really good Coach. For me the only thing is that he managed Liverpool and doesnt have a good record in Europe. I would take him now.
Depends on what your expectations are? If it's finishing 3rd or 4th, being crap in Europe then he'd be fine.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
I hope the people who voted no actually give the bloke a fair chance for the good of Manchester United. Every new manager deserves support and goodwill fron the fans.

it'll be nice to see a Manchester United properly organised and coached team for the first time in years.
He won't be coming here.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Imagine sacking Ole then replacing him with Brendan Rodgers. He's no more qualified for the job than Moyes or Ole. That the board are even considering him as an option highlights how little they understand their own fanbase. We don't want ex-Liverpool managers anywhere near our club.

Even if you removed the ex-Liverpool part, what has he achieved in his career that sets him above Conte, Ten Hag, Zizou or Neil Warnock?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Imagine sacking Ole then replacing him with Brendan Rodgers. He's no more qualified for the job than Moyes or Ole. That the board are even considering him as an option highlights how little they understand their own fanbase. We don't want ex-Liverpool managers anywhere near our club.

Even if you removed the ex-Liverpool part, what has he achieved in his career that sets him above Conte, Ten Hag, Zizou or Neil Warnock?
He's won back to back trebles in Scotland and won the FA Cup. He has now taken a team that were not league leaders or top 4 quality and brought them to very competitive levels, jumping many places in the league and punching with the best for the most part in a season. If his squad was deeper he would have likely broken through that top 4 category too.

I get people don't like Rodgers but lets not try and put him down in bucketing Warnock in the same category. And I get Ten Hag has a lot of great ideas and potential but ultimately he too is not as accomplished as people want to make out.

Rodgers and Ten Hag would both be a risk, but no one really knows who truly is better. Everyone just has their own personal preference between the two.

Judas

Open to offers

What absolute bollocks! Mate just say you don't like him due to him being a shite Liverpool manager years ago, he's obviously miles above Ole, and a hell of a lot more qualified too.

evil_geko

He isn't a lifelong United fan, why do you keep saying it? He's a lifelong Celtic fan, says it in this video at around 05:41.
Lifelong Celtic fan who left them midseason the moment someone whistled from Premier League, nice.

Can't stand him.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
No manager knows how long they will get

If he does well he should get years.

If he does shit months.

Same as joining any club
Sure but Rodgers would probably anticipate that by expecting a long term contract. That would cost us a bomb to get out off.

devilish

I noticed that City lineup in that famous Charity Shield win. They played WC talent like Zack Steffen, Cole Palmer and Samuel Edozie. At one point even Benjamin Leo Knight came in. Pep really gave his soul in that game.

Last edited:

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Wasn't his FA cup win against Lampard's Chelsea. In that case that's quite an achievement. I mean you need a top top manager to beat the English Ole. I also noticed City lineup in that famous Charity Shield win. They played WC talent like Zack Steffen, Cole Palmer and Samuel Edozie. At one point even Benjamin Leo Knight came in. Pep really gave his soul in that game.
It was against Tuchel.

minoo-utd

He is just far better than Ole, with the players and what we have here from talents it’s then expected logically to do better than Ole for sure. But to win us a trophy, how anyone can guess that with any manager out there?

Him or Poch? Hmmm I think Rodgers won with Lecister somethings while Poch only biggest achievement with Spurs was taking them to a C.L final though.

For me both are welcomed if it means Ole immediately will be sacked then I’ll be just happy for at least we will see someone trying to do something understandable on the pitch, and trying to keep our best players playing without doubts.

Caesar2290

Let's sack one manager who bottles all the important matches, has an abysmal european record and makes our defense looking like a leaky cauldron and replace him with another manager who bottles all the important matches, has an abysmal european record and will make our defense look like a leaky cauldron.

The state of this place :rolleyes:

For fecks sake, people like Harry Redknap have more pedigree. Finished Top4 ahead of City and won an FA Cup at the expense of our prime European Double team in 2008, yet I doubt anyone on here would consider him as our next manager.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Wasn't his FA cup win against Lampard's Chelsea. In that case that's quite an achievement. I mean you need a top top manager to beat the English Ole. I also noticed City lineup in that famous Charity Shield win. They played WC talent like Zack Steffen, Cole Palmer and Samuel Edozie. At one point even Benjamin Leo Knight came in. Pep really gave his soul in that game.
Jesus. You’re having an absolute nightmare in this thread.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
No it was against Tuchel Chelsea.

But youve decided hes won nothing even though he has so whats the harm in making more up.

SonyaCross493

Manchester United desperately need a new manager NOW! There's a serious risk of missing out on top 4 and losing Ronaldo etc if we keep Ole, I think Watford with Ben Foster could turn us over! And nobody can doubt that Rodgers is better than Ole! We don't have to keep Rodgers if he isn't successful, why are people talking like it's Rodgers forever? It's getting a manager in whos available who can organise and coach a team properly for right now.

there was a risk about Klopp when he went to Liverpool. He wasn't guaranteed to take that next step to becoming an elite manager if you go back and read fan forums at the time a lot of people had doubts. So Rodgers could do the same and take that next step when given a chance at a big club and shock/surprise the World. It's a risk but so is Ten Haag, Zidane etc no manager appointment is guaranteed for trophies otherwise we would've won major trophies with Mourinho. It's about the players on the pitch, a manager can only do so much. As long as you have a coach who can properly organise and coach a team ala Fergie, which Ole can't! You have a chance.

Rodgers won the FA CUP for a small club like Leicester and a bunch of trophies in Scotland like Fergie did. He deserves his chance at a big club. Sick of foreign managers always getting the big jobs.

Rodgers remit this season would be top 4 anyway and a title challenge next season. Manage expectations. You can't expect him to take the blame for Ole's mess ruining the season.

Last edited:

Reynoldo

Let's sack one manager who bottles all the important matches, has an abysmal european record and makes our defense looking like a leaky cauldron and replace him with another manager who bottles all the important matches, has an abysmal european record and will make our defense look like a leaky cauldron.
This, think he'd come in and improve and make us all think its finally working but then only to fall short but we will get so close he will be around for years with little to nothing to show for it. Bottom line is I don't think he will lead us to a title so it's a no for me.

devilish

No it was against Tuchel Chelsea.

But youve decided hes won nothing even though he has so whats the harm in making more up.
In that case I retract that part. How long was Tuchel with Chelsea at the time?

Abhinav

Manchester United desperately need a new manager NOW! There's a serious risk of missing out on top 4 if we keep Ole, I think Watford with Ben Foster could turn us over! And nobody can doubt that Rodgers is better than Ole! We don't have to keep Rodgers if he isn't successful, why are people talking like it's Rodgers forever?

there was a risk about Klopp when he went to Liverpool. He wasn't guaranteed to take that next step to becoming an elite if you go back and read fan forums at the time a lot of people had doubts. So Rodgers could do the same and take that next step when given a chance at a big club and shock/surprise everyone. It's a risk but so is Ten Haag, Zidane etc no manager appointment is guaranteed for trophies otherwise we would've won major trophies with Mourinho. It's about the players on the pitch, a manager can only do so much. As long as you have a coach who can properly organise and coach a team ala Fergie, which Ole can't! You have a chance.

Rodgers won the FA CUP for a small club like Leicester and a bunch of trophies in Scotland like Fergie did. He deserves his chance at a big club. Sick of foreign managers always getting the big jobs.
Are you seriously comparing Rodgers to Klopp? Klopp won 2 BL, reached a UCL final, went against Bayern in cups & came out victorious. What is Rodgers’ corresponding achievements?
To say that each appointment carries risk is neither here nor there. Good management is installed to weight those risks with pros and take an educated call. Ten Hag has a lot more going for him than Rodgers and IMO, a much lesser risk if the objective is to be PL champions again. If it is just to finish in the Top 4, sure, by all means we should go ahead with a known quantity such as Rodgers. That should not be the limit of ambition for a club with the resources of Manchester United.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
He's won back to back trebles in Scotland and won the FA Cup. He has now taken a team that were not league leaders or top 4 quality and brought them to very competitive levels, jumping many places in the league and punching with the best for the most part in a season. If his squad was deeper he would have likely broken through that top 4 category too.

I get people don't like Rodgers but lets not try and put him down in bucketing Warnock in the same category. And I get Ten Hag has a lot of great ideas and potential but ultimately he too is not as accomplished as people want to make out.

Rodgers and Ten Hag would both be a risk, but no one really knows who truly is better. Everyone just has their own personal preference between the two.
What absolute bollocks! Mate just say you don't like him due to him being a shite Liverpool manager years ago, he's obviously miles above Ole, and a hell of a lot more qualified too.
Brenda being an ex-Liverpool manager will be more than enough to put the United faithful off. He'll get no time to adapt, as the OT crowd will turn on him unless he makes a flying start. It's all set up for him to fail drastically.

How could we possibly overlook Conte? A proven winner across multiple competitive leagues, managed the biggest names in the game and is well-suited to handle the pressures of a big club.

Brendan Rodgers has managed one big club in his entire managerial career and he failed to deliver. Why would it be any different at United?

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Beginning to suspect that people want Ole out the door so much that they'd be willing to take literally anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.