Would you take Wayne Rooney back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Scott McToMinay

We’ve seen him perform fantastically well in the MLS, and looking in great physical shape.

We’re short in midfield and attack and he can fill every position across the front 6, and there’s no way anyone here honestly thinks he won’t do any better than Lingard in no.10 in a 4-2-3-1.
Not to mention he’s a club legend.

stubie

Not sure if you are aware but he has signed for Derby

And to answer your question no I would not take him back

Bwuk

We’ve seen him perform fantastically well in the MLS, and looking in great physical shape.

We’re short in midfield and attack, and there’s no way anyone here honestly thinks he won’t do any better than Lingard in no.10 in a 4-2-3-1.
Have you forgot how terrible he was before he left?

Jimmy_Bond

Looking forward to the "Would you take Eric Cantona back" thread.

Put me down as a "yes."

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Would take him back in a heartbeat if it meant OP was permanently banned from starting threads.

Raw

Nah. He had a decent start at Everton when he moved there from United but quickly petered off. He isn't going to be any better after a year in the MLS.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Let’s get Beckham back on the right and then Scholes in the middle. Come to think of it what’s Ruud up to nowadays.

Raw

Let’s get Beckham back on the right and then Scholes in the middle. Come to think of it what’s Ruud up to nowadays.
Get Evra at LB while we're at it. Plus De Gea's shit now, bring back Schmeichel. And Roy Keane. Could fit in a Djemba or two.

ravi2

We’re short in midfield and attack and he can fill every position across the front 6, and there’s no way anyone here honestly thinks he won’t do any better than Lingard in no.10 in a 4-2-3-1.

:lol: :houllier: :lol:

AlwaysRed66

Perhaps Bobby Charlton will come out of retirement. World class in his time.

K13

If he was not signed to go to Derby I think he would have been excellent for us as short term loan move. He has the ability - like Larsson - of being an excellent leader and I think our young forwards could have learned alot from him just by watching him train. Sadly not to be.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Id Genuinely have Beckham back over Rooney.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Is Anderson doing well in Turkey? Let’s bring him back.

AlwaysRed66

I suppose when Lukaku & Sanchez start ripping it up in Italy there will be clamouring for their return as well.

DancingPanda

Berbatov is currently a free agent. Scored one goal a few years ago. Would improv the team.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Only if the Stretty sings the following Wu Tang based chant:

I got my Rooney back
The league is wack
Face it the Roo is back
I got my Rooney back
The league is wack
Face it the Roo is back

PoTMS

Let Wayne come back and take our penalties. As a squad player, he wouldn't be any worse than Mata or Lingard.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Now that the UK turned into nazi Germany can we please prorogue thread creating privileges on this forum?

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
We should be aiming to assemble some kind of Ferguson-exclusive XI of players that are still playing and that ‘there’s no way they wouldn’t do any better than Lingard’ …along the lines of:

De Gea
Rafael
Pique
Evans
Young
Pogba
Anderson
Kagawa
Rooney
Ronaldo
Hernandez

TRUERED89

Have you forgot how terrible he was before he left?
Still better than Lingard, I've been supporting Jesse in the past because of the screamers he's scored, but he's really testing the faith now! As he's done nothing in 2019 :(

Bwuk

We should be aiming to assemble some kind of Ferguson-exclusive XI of players that are still playing and that ‘there’s no way they wouldn’t do any better than Lingard’ …along the lines of:

De Gea
Rafael
Pique
Evans
Young
Pogba
Anderson
Kagawa
Rooney
Ronaldo
Hernandez
To be fair, is that side any worse than our current side?

De Gea = De Gea

AWB > Rafael
Pique > Lindelof
Maguire > Evans
Young = Young

Pogba = Pogba
McTominay > Anderson
Kagawa > Lingard

Ronaldo > James
Martial > Rooney
Rashford > Hernandez

lex talionis

It's a serious question but the serious answer is no.

Rooney was very poor for us in his last three seasons and although he's enjoyed something of a renaissance for DC United the standard of play in that league, which I actually enjoy watching, is well below that of the EPL. Lower half table table sides in the EPL Vill and Norwich would destroy top MLS sides like Atlanta and LAFC.

Rooney would bring other issues this squad doesn't need to be infected with. (You may discover his latest exploits on the back pages today.) And others have already noted, Wayne is Derby-bound.

The more interesting question is whether we would take Ibrahimovic back. I'm not sure the answer should be no.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.