Would you take Wayne Rooney back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bwuk

It's a serious question but the serious answer is no.

Rooney was very poor for us in his last three seasons and although he's enjoyed something of a renaissance for DC United the standard of play in that league, which I actually enjoy watching, is well below that of the EPL. Lower half table table sides in the EPL Vill and Norwich would destroy top MLS sides like Atlanta and LAFC.

Rooney would bring other issues this squad doesn't need to be infected with. (You may discover his latest exploits on the back pages today.) And others have already noted, Wayne is Derby-bound.

The more interesting question is whether we would take Ibrahimovic back. I'm not sure the answer should be no.
Schweinsteiger has been playing centre half. I think the majority of Championship sides would walk that league.

Apokalips

Maybe we should sign Bradley Wright Phillips and Carlos Vela too?

I love the lad but Rooney was trash at the end here and trash at Everton. There's a reason MLS is seen as a retirement home.

KennyBurner

Rooney my favorite player of all time. I would like it to stay tat way so no. I remember getting annoyed at him his last 2 years. Don’t want him to tarnish his legacy anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.