Wout Weghorst interview

Trequarista10

That’s pretty classless from Wout. Own it. You had plenty of tap in chances and you fluffed 97% of them.
Gone down in my estimation.
Read the full article mate. Wout comes across fantastically well and expresses how much it meant to him to play for the United. He didn't say anything resembling the headline.

It's just another reminder that journos are total scum.

led_scholes

The state of the headline.

Whats next? Anderson: I blame SAF for being overweight

(because there are McDonald's in Manchester)

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Read the full article mate. Wout comes across fantastically well and expresses how much it meant to him to play for the United. He didn't say anything resembling the headline.

It's just another reminder that journos are total scum.
I read the whole article mate, and the following piece about him crying when his agent told him we wanted him.
I just think he didn’t need to throw Erik under the bus and give the journos ammo for a headline like that. The piece reads as he was flawless, he did what was asked of him and sacrificed himself for the team, when we can all plainly see that he was infact ever so slightly just a little bit pants.

Trequarista10

I read the whole article mate, and the following piece about him crying when his agent told him we wanted him.
I just think he didn’t need to throw Erik under the bus and give the journos ammo for a headline like that. The piece reads as he was flawless, he did what was asked of him and sacrificed himself for the team, when we can all plainly see that he was infact ever so slightly just a little bit pants.
He literally didn't say anything resembling the headline. How has he given ammo? He's giving some reasons for his lack of goals. Not sure what his ability has to do with it, he clearly worked his socks off and tried to do his role as best he could. Sure itd be nice if he added a line expressing his regret at missed chances, but we dont know he didnt all we see is the final edit, and he's hardly going to say "I'm shit and not good enough" just to please you, is he?

Honestly, the way some people read into interviews is mind boggling. Get a life.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
where did he throw him under the bus?

Unam333

A
What are you talking about? You are reading way too much into this.

Also, that article's title. :houllier: :houllier:

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
I was genuinely curious because I didn’t notice anything.

You didn’t read it at first did you? :lol:
Yes I did, and clearly just interpreted it differently than most.
He could have said ‘I was disappointed not to score more goals’ but instead he laid it all at the door of the manager and his tactics. Maybe it’s just typical dutch bluntness/honesty that has been reported wrong.
Either way, I cba with arguments - I simply offered my opinion. To coin a Caf-phrase ‘I’m not into conversation = will not reply!’ :D

lsd

The Oracle
It's a good interview and I'm sure Hojlund would agree with him on a few things.

THE ZOL

Daddy Sancho
Supports
Al-Merreikh (Omdorman)
It’s a fair evaluation. He didn’t really throw EtH under the bus. Weghorst played a key role in occupying spaces for Rashford to shine. He was obviously way below the standard from a technical standpoint but at least he made the ball stick. The same can’t be said for Hojlund.

ti vu

Misleading headline.

While Weghorst didn't exactly throw ETH under the bus, Weghorst himself was sleazy/deluded by implying his importance to the team functionality last season. He was atrocious as CF and he was fortunate to get as many minutes as he did in no 10 role because ETH's baffling hipster tactical tweak to include Weghorst as much as possible.

Even relegation candidate like Burnley rather taking loss in transfer fee than risking building their attack around striker like Weghorst. Him mentioning the point of reference is moot. Even ETH was not that insane.