WSL 21/22 | United v Everton - 12:30 Sun 27 March - at Old Trafford

Withnail

Good win.

I switched on during the second half when I spotted the thread. I hadn't watched the women's team play before so was a little surprised that I was instantly invested.

Lightbringer

Good win.

I switched on during the second half when I spotted the thread. I hadn't watched the women's team play before so was a little surprised that I was instantly invested.
Cool. I have been on the womens train from the first season in the 2nd tier division. I got instantly into to it, the ladies play with so much heart. It felt refreshing after watching the mens team struggle with massive egos etc. Also If I see a United team I get invested. For the womens teams has been a blessing and a new spark to my United fandom. I some of the fans who went to Old Trafford will attend home games in the future even though they are not at Old Trafford.

Foxbatt

How come the Ladies team seems to have better set pieces, better movement on and off the ball and better passing than our mens team?

Pablo76

17 hours total round trip and 550 miles, thoroughly enjoyed my first ever Utd ladies match! Fair attendance and atmosphere, some good football especially in the second half and a great result.

Also had a nice little chat with Mary Earps after behind the goal in the Stretford end, who signed my sons shirt, and Alessia Russo too in the tunnel, both had lots of time for the fans after the match which was lovely to see and they seemed to really appreciate the support, a great day.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
17 hours total round trip and 550 miles, thoroughly enjoyed my first ever Utd ladies match! Fair attendance and atmosphere, some good football especially in the second half and a great result.

Also had a nice little chat with Mary Earps after behind the goal in the Stretford end, who signed my sons shirt, and Alessia Russo too in the tunnel, both had lots of time for the fans after the match which was lovely to see and they seemed to really appreciate the support, a great day.
Good to hear that you enjoyed it. The match had the weather (too much sun if you were sat in the SAF stand and having to shield your eyes) and the result. Quality was a bit up and down at times, but United did their bit, they kept pouring forward. Nice result in the end - though we could have done with getting that disallowed goal!

Hopefully it'll have encouraged some fans to come over to Leigh, and it'll have been an icebreaker for the others - it's not that strange a feeling watching women's football :D

I think a lot of fans and families enjoy the connection between the players and the fans as well. Most of them know what it means to be a fan, most of them are grateful to have fans. Even the minor (to grown-ups!) stuff like getting to meet Fred the Red, adds to the mood for the kids.

At any rate - a good first day with fans at OT, an entertaining game (once we equalised) and a decent result.

MUW4Eva

This game was sooo emotional for me, as someone who was there for the very first match, of this new side, away to Liverpool in the Conti Cup, in 2018, to see the progress to where we were playing a game at Old Trafford, well it brought a fair few tears to my eyes.

I absolutely loved everything about the whole day, (well minus the early Everton goal, but we always like to do things the hard way!), from the way sooo many children were sooo excited about the game, to the marketing of it.

The highlight for me, was on the way home, I was getting the tram back to the station, and there were a few of the successful developmental players getting on it as well, and a fair few young children of both genders, were very excited about this, they couldn't believe that actual footballers were getting on a tram, they were clamouring for autographs and photos!

If this game helps to eradicate this notion of "who cares", "no one cares", "this isn't the first team" etc, from the next generation, and they instead see it all as one club, which it very much is, then it will have all been worth it.

This is as important as the men's first team, don't let anyone say otherwise.