WSL 22/23 | United v Arsenal - 7:15 Wed 19 Apr

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
This fixture was switched to Wednesday night due to Arsenal being in the CL semifinal.

We had already sold out LSV for this when the date change happened. United have been asking season ticket holders and others who can't now attend to send their tickets back for resale. How successful they'll be at getting tickets back and then reselling them - who knows. It would be good to get our biggest ever LSV crowd, but who knows.

Current ticket office map shows tickets for the standing section (yes - North stand is open!)

Anyway - it goes without saying this is a big one - it's the classic 6 pointer of a match against a rival. They had a weekend off while we were playing a tough semifinal against Brighton.

A big night for us.

croadyman

Because of the fact Chelsea don't play in league until early May would be huge to win this

Lightbringer

That this game was moved could have a big impact on the title race and the champions league spots, prayers that we can beat these feckers!

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Considering the injury troubles they've had to endure this season, I must say Arsenal have done so well both domestically and in Europe.

Hate to say it but an anything other than a win would make both the title charge and the CL hunt much, much harder. I have faith in the team that they'll find a way to win. Hopefully there's another big crowd supporting the team tonight.

top1whoisman

Scout
LSV sold out as expected. Let’s hope we win something this year. That and/or CL matches should bring more support again which would probably open more sections in the LSV, for the big games.

top1whoisman

Scout
A bit more concentration on those through balls from Toone & Parris and Galton would’ve been through twice already.

top1whoisman

Scout
Good start, happy to see us on the front foot from the start. We did that very well in the reverse fixture so no need to be too cautious today.

top1whoisman

Scout
Horrible luck for Arsenal as Williamson is forced to come off. Hope she doesn’t miss the WC :(

Saw her live twice last summer and she was in my opinion the best player of the whole Euros.

Must not let this timeout work in their favour. Keep on moving the ball and the opponent as we have thus far.

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
Congrats to you - don't know how we want to survive this :D

Mead, Miedema, Little, Foord, McCabe (suspended), Catley and now Leah too. At least it would be funny if Chelea won't win the title.

top1whoisman

Scout
Why is Mannion playing ? Seems absurd! Turner must have a knock!
Wouldn’t say it’s absurd in my opinion. Mannion is a very good footballer as she’s already shown in the opening 15 minutes. I’m surprised too but have full faith in Mannion.

top1whoisman

Scout
Congrats to you - don't know how we want to survive this :D

Mead, Miedema, Little, Foord, McCabe (suspended), Catley and now Leah too. At least it would be funny if Chelea won't win the title.
Well you’ve been very resilient despite all those injuries so I wouldn’t be surprised if you keep on getting results. Of course they can take its toll at some stage.

top1whoisman

Scout
One thing I feel we need to work on is the patience in looking for an opening. Seems like very often we cross early even if it’s our striker vs four defenders in the box. Same with through balls, sometimes it feels like we’re forcing them instead of moving the ball patiently and waiting for the oppirtunity to open up.

Not sure if it’s a coaching or playing staff issue. Perhaps a bit of both.

RedDevilQuebecois

Mannion had all of the time in the world to chest the ball down and take a better shot a little earlier. Good opportunity wasted.

top1whoisman

Scout
Mannion had all of the time in the world to chest the ball down and take a better shot a little earlier. Good opportunity wasted.
Yeah, as the commentator said she was the last one you’d want that ball to fall to. Probably wasn’t aware of the time and space as the ball got to her quite suddenly.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Great goal by us!

top1whoisman

Scout
Well that was cagey. A bright first 15 minutes from us but ever since the injury break it was slow and laborious. Didn’t really deserve the lead but we’ll take that!

Need to move the ball much quicker in the second half.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
How's Parris been lately? I know of her from her England regular days and would've hoped for more goals than she seems to have this season.

top1whoisman

Scout
Brilliant assist from Parris. Great run to the byline and pinpoint pass to Russo.
It was, waited patiently to get the angle for the pass, she knew exactly what she wanted to do.

Was just about post that I’d sub García on for Parris at HT :lol:

top1whoisman

Scout
How's Parris been lately? I know of her from her England regular days and would've hoped for more goals than she seems to have this season.
She’s a handful but she definitely drifts out of games and yeah struggles to really impact the games. We need more danger from the right side and while both García and Parris have had their moments, it’s not really enough.

Really like having her in the squad, seems to be an energetic personality and well liked in the dressing room.

top1whoisman

Scout
Can’t keep hold of the ball and struggling to string to passes together. Need some energy from the bench, otherwise we might have to defend and dig deep for the remaining 30 minutes. And we’re not going to keep a clean sheet if we just defend. We’ve given them the ball and the initiative.

Lightbringer

FECK SAKE CLEAR THE FECKING BALL! Not small pass in our own end, not the time for that!