WSL 22/23 | United v City - Sun 21 May at 6:45

Completely undeserved but I'll take it :D

We have played really poorly 2nd half. We've made it look like they have the player advantage.

The match lasts for 90. Why is it completely undeserved if we were the dominant side in the first half? And created as many good chances as them in the second half?

Yes! Good win

Proud of the team to do their job to make the last round interesting. No chance of a title but that’s nothing to be embarassed about.

MCR IS RED!

Need the Chelsea players to eat some dodgy lasagna, and then some miracle or miracles with reading :lol:

Other than the FA Cup final (sadly), there's always a feeling of inevitability when it comes to United and late goals. Well done to this women's team for taking it to the final game when the more realistic challenge was to qualify for the CL.

Didn't play well. Team always looks knackered by 60th minute when I watch them too.

Happy for Garcia. Think she should start a lot more games than she does.

Didn't play well. Team always looks knackered by 60th minute when I watch them too.

Happy for Garcia. Think she should start a lot more games than she does.
Manager talking about that now. Now they are in CL it is more games so he can change it a bit.

“This is the most beautiful team I’ve worked with”

i’m sure it is, Mark, I’m sure it is ;)

Absolutely incredible result.

The resilience in this team is amazing.

What a brilliant season,

Wow! Terrific result and an amazing season.

Second place cemented and with a (very remote) chance of the title. Champion's League next season. First wins over Arsenal and City. An FA Cup final. And all this for a team in only its fifth season.

We dug deep again today. City have quality and their European hopes depended upon a result. They did well to settle after our blistering start and Ladd's superb goal. I don't think we really managed the game too well after the first 15 minutes or so. The sending off was deserved, but I thought their young sub keeper should be proud of her performance.

So happy for Garcia - she always brings a smile to my face. Blundell's block in the first half was important, but Le Tissier's at the end - surely she has to go to the World Cup.

Batlle got player of the match, but for me it was Parris. Outstanding performance.

Win 6-0 against Liverpool whilst Reading draw with Chelsea (ha) ...

Just a fantastic all-round improvement this season. Would not have expected to feel disappointed at falling just short in the league and cup final at the start of the season, but such are the lengths they've stepped forward. Hopefully whoever's running the club gives the team the resources they need and we can pay what it takes to keep our best players, and bring in a couple of top quality forwards.