WSL 23/24 | Arsenal v United - 12:30 Sat 17 Feb

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
We drew 2-2 in the match at LSV back on the first day of the season. Blackstenius scored for them early on; Galton equalised later in the first half. Malard got our second with ten minutes to go and we were the better team for long periods. Unfortunately Lacasse scored for them in injury time.

Bringing it all up to date then. Arsenal are 4 points ahead of us in the League. They come to us after losing 0-1 to City in the WFA Cup last weekend and and 2-1 to West Ham in the WSL the week before. They will get a chance to practice scoring tonight though - they've got a WSL Cup QF against London City.

It goes without saying that our chances of a WCL qualifying place would take a sudden leap for the better with a win - but I'll say it anyway :D

We've won 3 of our last 5 matches with them, including a 2-3 win at the Emirates (where Russo got the winner in injury time) and we've drawn twice.

The match is at the Emirates. It'll be live on Sky in the UK and free to view on FA Player in some other countries.

Last edited:

Lightbringer

United is the big draw obviously as it never happened before :devil:

Lightbringer

It's a hell of an achievement to still out the Emirates. A sign of how rapidly the game is developing.

I hope they all show up! Arsenal (men's and women's teams) have this habit of quoting ticket's sold/allocated rather than numbers through the gates for matchday attendances :smirk:
We will know this for sure this time, all tickets are sold, there is zero chance of everyone turning up for the game. If they put out a sellout number for attendance then we know its fake! We already know it from before, but this time it wont be deniable.

liamness

I completely missed my chance to get tickets for this. I was at Spurs away earlier in the season, which was played at Leyton Orient's stadium, and even then they hadn't opened up the whole ground. So I was surprised when I tried to get tickets for this a few weeks ago and not only was the away allocation completely sold out, but almost all the home tickets were too.

Reactions: Rood

Demon Barber

Rivière still out injured so Evans starts.

That's a strong line-up, and a good bench too. I'm looking forward to this. Obviously it is a "must win" and I feel that we can do it. Maya to totally boss Russo.

Eric_the_Red99

Kinda dumb that you can watch most WSL games for free on FA Player or the BBC but Sky cherrypicks the biggest games like Utd-Arsenal That’s not a great way of growing an audience for women’s football amongst casual viewers.

Demon Barber

Kinda dumb that you can watch most WSL games for free on FA Player or the BBC but Sky cherrypicks the biggest games like Utd-Arsenal That’s not a great way of growing an audience for women’s football amongst casual viewers.
It's annoying, and I kind of agree. However, you could argue that being chosen for Sky is helping to grow the women's game.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
We're playing in flashes at the moment, but the match is pretty even overall. Some of our passing out from the back is scary, but that's not unusual for us against decent teams.l

Ref buys every Arsenal player who falls down as a foul - and that not unusual either :smirk:

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Poor play, clearance right onto the head of the Arsenal player. Made for a cracking cross.

Arsenal seem to have better shape and press, United have a few players who can't hold onto the ball/weaker in the fuels 1v1

Lightbringer

Gemma Evans as a full back has been a recipe for disaster this season, the loss of fullbacks to injury have come to hurt us.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
21 Turner has been a disaster, bad half, is not shielding the ball and losing it every time she is pressured.

Lightbringer

Evans need to be subbed ASAP before she gets red carded, not that it matters anymore as the game is over! She should not feature as a fullback EVER again.