WSL 23/24 | Arsenal v United - 12:30 Sat 17 Feb

Scanny

I hope that with a new football hierarchy taking over, Sir Jim, Dave Brailsford et al have been talking to those involved in the women's section, and a vision of how they can progress.
It looks like Skinner may well move on in the summer, I haven't heard of any talks regarding extending his contract, and although we have lost several good players, the team have looked poor at times this season, with no discernable pattern of play, apart from keeping the ball and passing backwards at all times.
We have some quality players, and with a couple of good signings, and a new coach/manager, then I think we can actually compete with the 'big three' and hopefully get some silverware.
A lot of the problem I believe is a lack of positive mental approach to games against the 'biggies', we need a person who has an appetite for upsetting these teams.
Excellent post. Spot on.

Demon Barber

I hope that with a new football hierarchy taking over, Sir Jim, Dave Brailsford et al have been talking to those involved in the women's section, and a vision of how they can progress.
It looks like Skinner may well move on in the summer, I haven't heard of any talks regarding extending his contract, and although we have lost several good players, the team have looked poor at times this season, with no discernable pattern of play, apart from keeping the ball and passing backwards at all times.
We have some quality players, and with a couple of good signings, and a new coach/manager, then I think we can actually compete with the 'big three' and hopefully get some silverware.
A lot of the problem I believe is a lack of positive mental approach to games against the 'biggies', we need a person who has an appetite for upsetting these teams.
This is a good post, especially the last sentence

On a side note, I like the fact that the women's team are generating serious discussion here.

Scanny

That reminded me a bit of the "Club Wembley" thing where it takes ages to refill and has empty seats even when the stadium looks packed.

Arsenal are pretty keen on bigging up their attendances though. That 60160 attendance they've just claimed is surely tickets sold/distributed - not number through the turnstile.
To be fair to Arsenal they announced that number at the game as tickets sold.