WSL 23/24 | Brighton v United 6:45pm on Sun 5 Nov

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Two draws (against Arsenal and Leicester) and two wins (Villa and Everton) mean we're on 8 points and in fourth place. City and Chelsea are top with ten and Spurs are on 9.

We've had a lot of players away on international duty.l this week. It's anyone's guess really which ones will be coming home fit and ready to play - maybe Marc Skinner will clue us in tomorrow.

The match is live on Sky in the UK. Personally I don't like the timing. Trouble is, once you invite Sky in, they will start rearranging the place.

Lightbringer

Sidenote: I said that Ona Batlle would have deserved to win the price for the womens player this year in a comment section on facebook - and a guy from africa replied and said I must never have watched a womens football game and that I clearly have an unhealthy obsession with Ona as a person :lol: I thought that was hilarious.

Demon Barber

Sidenote: I said that Ona Batlle would have deserved to win the price for the womens player this year in a comment section on facebook - and a guy from africa replied and said I must never have watched a womens football game and that I clearly have an unhealthy obsession with Ona as a person :lol: I thought that was hilarious.
1. Have you ever watched women's football?
2. Do you have an unhealthy obsession with Ona?

I'd (obviously) like to see a commanding win v Brighton. This season could be decided on goal difference. Arsenal v City (Draw), and unlucky Villa with 0 points to beat Chelsea ... a 3-0 win for us could put us top.

Lightbringer

1. Have you ever watched women's football?
2. Do you have an unhealthy obsession with Ona?

I'd (obviously) like to see a commanding win v Brighton. This season could be decided on goal difference. Arsenal v City (Draw), and unlucky Villa with 0 points to beat Chelsea ... a 3-0 win for us could put us top.
I mostly watch social media for any glimpes of Ona I can get :devil: :nono:

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Marc Skinner's press conference was on Thursday morning. The players returning from international duty were all expected to return to training that day.

As far as we know, the only absentees today are the ones with long-term injuries. That's Gabby George, Emma Watson, Jess Simpson - ACL. Irene Guerrero - MCL.

Demon Barber

The match is live on Sky, which means it is not on FA Player in the UK.

For those living abroad it is live on the FA Player App.

Lightbringer

Man City Arsenal 1-1 after 80 minutes, hopefully they will have 10 red cards each at the end, the feckers!

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Mmmmm, Villa ladies now bottom, 0 points, and -12 goal difference. Not sure what's gone wrong, but perhaps a cheeky bid for Rachel Daly in January?
Mind you, she seems to have gone off the boil a bit, watching her England performances, but that could be for several different reasons. So perhaps a new challenge needed?

ForeverRed1

Mmmmm, Villa ladies now bottom, 0 points, and -12 goal difference. Not sure what's gone wrong, but perhaps a cheeky bid for Rachel Daly in January?
Mind you, she seems to have gone off the boil a bit, watching her England performances, but that could be for several different reasons. So perhaps a new challenge needed?
her ex girlfriend plays for United so not sure that’d happen.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Is it going to be one of them nights?
Looking that way at the moment.

Geyse is such a terrific player until she tries to score, it must be really frustrating for her. Malard will score eventually if she keeps getting chances. Galton had been nearly on the end of a lot of decent crosses. We're getting a lot of nearlies at the moment.

ForeverRed1

Looking that way at the moment.

Geyse is such a terrific player until she tries to score, it must be really frustrating for her. Malard will score eventually if she keeps getting chances. Galton had been nearly on the end of a lot of decent crosses. We're getting a lot of nearlies at the moment.
They also have a keeper who has a point to prove against us and is playing like it.

geyse is a brilliant player but her decision making needs to improve.. she’s also offside a fair amount. If she can nail those two things down, she’s a top player.

Lightbringer

On that offside goal once again terrible keeping from Earps when she has to come out far from the goal.

ForeverRed1

If we lose this it’s on skinner. He has some quality subs he can bring on but it’ll be too late for them to get in the game.

This lineup isn’t working - change it.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
2-2 at FT

Started well, didn't make it count. Defence and midfield crumpled under pressure as soon as Brighton started pushing us back.

Williams saves us a point right at the end - what a record she has.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Great game that, I thought that last ball before the corner was going to drop right for the attacker. Would have been heartbreaking for Brighton who deserved something from the game.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Good game. Decent quality both sides. Amazing save by United keeper

rooneyberbatov

What a match. But we need to sort our midfield out and the defensive line clearly can do better. That save from Mary at 1:1 - amazing.

brian017

Rachel Williams this season - Shots on Target: 4 Goals 4. Can't argue with her accuracy :lol: Madness