WSL 23/24 | United v Arsenal - Fri 6 Oct at 7:30

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Commentators talking about how amazing arsenal are and shite United were. We did ok.

one thing to really take from the game: it’s horrible seeing Russo in a arsenal shirt. It just doesn’t feel right.
Imagine seeing her and Earps there next season! Ugh!!

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Why was Galton on the pitch the last 10-15 minutes? She was barely moving, her legs were stiff as rocks. ANY player with fresh legs would have been better in her position on the pitch. Even moving Malard to her place because she had legs.

I dont get why we need to have players on that clearly are don physically.
Keeping her on was just silly, in the 92nd minute we had the ball where she could have led a counter attack but because she had no legs left she played a hopeful pass and lost the ball and we conceded a minute later

Lightbringer

The respect our D has for Russo, they really rate her they way they gave her a ton of space!

ForeverRed1

Imagine seeing her and Earps there next season! Ugh!!
It’s a very real possibility. Is this how it’s going to be when we get a real superstar on our hands? The likes of arsenal/Chelsea/Barca take them :( we got to start holding on to these players.

Lightbringer

Keeping her on was just silly, in the 92nd minute we had the ball where she could have led a counter attack but because she had no legs left she played a hopeful pass and lost the ball and we conceded a minute later
Indeed. I was screaming for her and Malard to switch places if they would refuse to sub Galton. Galton should ask to be subbed herself actually! Williams would have done a better job than Galton at that point. Just move Galton up front if you refuse to sub her.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Bit concerned about Toone as well, she's a terrier in the press but on the ball well below her standards.

spiriticon

Even if we had parked the bus, there was no stopping their second goal. Cracker.

Malone_Post

The coverage on the BBC is nauseating. The way they’re going on you’d think Arsenal had won 5-0, not needed a last minute wonder strike to salvage a point.

‘World class performance from Russo’. She barely had a sniff until she hit the post.

Great game though. A fantastic advert for woman’s football. Think a draw was a fair result in the end.

ForeverRed1

The coverage on the BBC is nauseating. The way they’re going on you’d think Arsenal had won 5-0, not needed a last minute wonder strike to salvage a point.

‘World class performance from Russo’. She barely had a sniff until she hit the post.

Great game though. A fantastic advert for woman’s football. Think a draw was a fair result in the end.
The difference is amazing isn’t it? Arsenal were just so amazing.

spiriticon

Russo was dead crap until they moved her as a central striker.

But she won't have that place for very long because she simply isn't better than Miedema in the middle.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Gutting not to hold on but probably a fair result, thank feck Russo didn't score

Need earlier and more subs

George has slotted in well but Malard should replace Geyse already

Grande

Aaargh! It feels like we just can’t have any luck at the moment!

Then I remind myself that Rachel Williams won us the previous game vs Villa away in extra time.

And that drawing with a team that can pick off us our best players is bitter, but not really bad.

I guess it’s good to see that with Batlle and Usso gone and lot’s of new players, we are still there or there abouts.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Looks like Skinner could hit a jackpot with Malard.

Electric pressing and some proper impact overall.

Unlikely lad

Bit concerned about Toone as well, she's a terrier in the press but on the ball well below her standards.
She has been unimpressive since the Euros to be honest.

Want to see more of Malard up front, Geyse in 10 or on the RW.

Ubik

She has been unimpressive since the Euros to be honest.

Want to see more of Malard up front, Geyse in 10 or on the RW.
Yeah, good thing about Geyse is I think you can line her up in any forward position and she'll be dangerous. Wasn't good today but still got in behind them for a good chance and almost set Garcia up. She's going to shred some defences if she stays fit.

ImmortalJoker66

Supports
Trinidad and Tobago
So the game ended in a draw, even though we tried to hold on for the win I am not hurt that we drew cause Arsenal was always a danger with their squad, hell I was nervous while following the game on my phone while streaming.

Should there have been better subs to change the game? Yes. Should Zelem have been subbed off to give her rest for Tuesday? Yes and Irene should have come on. Skinner is walking a mighty thin line with his lineups and subs and it will come back to bite him.

Next week Tuesday he has to field a strong yet stable starting lineup if we are to get anything out of this Qualifier to make it to the group stage for the first time. I wish he would actually listen to the fans after the game and take their input then maybe JUST MAYBE he would earn their respect a lot more.

croadyman

We will have to beat Chelsea at home to get back the points they will gain on us this weekend

madi5h

every home game against the top 3 is a must win if we want CL next year let alone a title shot, cant depend on any collapses again, HUGE 2 points dropped

croadyman

every home game against the top 3 is a must win if we want CL next year let alone a title shot, cant depend on any collapses again, HUGE 2 points dropped
Chelsea dropped points last season too

StretfordEnd78

Gutted to miss it I was away in the lakes.
Question from afar. Is Blundell naturally right footed?
Missing Ona. Looks like we need the right combos going forward.
Signed some real talent but I hope we use them.
Good gate. I sold my ST for this one. Sold out but quite a few empty seats.

Demon Barber

Frustrating not to win. No idea where 6 minutes came from. A draw does seem a fair result though.

Some of the posts in this thread though - apparently Blundell, Maya, Geyse, Galton, Garcia, George and Toone are collectively and individually to blame. Unreal.

I thought we played well - probably better than against Villa. Geyse is such a strong player. I thought George an Galton combined well. Ladd was everywhere, but Garcia had a bit of an off night. Malard's determination to get to the ball for her goal was impressive, and unfortunately their equaliser was a stunning goal.

Ubik

Frustrating not to win. No idea where 6 minutes came from. A draw does seem a fair result though.

Some of the posts in this thread though - apparently Blundell, Maya, Geyse, Galton, Garcia, George and Toone are collectively and individually to blame. Unreal.

I thought we played well - probably better than against Villa. Geyse is such a strong player. I thought George an Galton combined well. Ladd was everywhere, but Garcia had a bit of an off night. Malard's determination to get to the ball for her goal was impressive, and unfortunately their equaliser was a stunning goal.
Not really about blame, more just trying to gauge where we're at after a big turnover in the summer and a great season last year. So much went into finally qualifying for the CL, just hope we're ready to make a good account of ourselves for the final hurdle against PSG.

Gutted to miss it I was away in the lakes.
Question from afar. Is Blundell naturally right footed?
Missing Ona. Looks like we need the right combos going forward.
Signed some real talent but I hope we use them.
Good gate. I sold my ST for this one. Sold out but quite a few empty seats.
She's right footed, yeah.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
So the game ended in a draw, even though we tried to hold on for the win I am not hurt that we drew cause Arsenal was always a danger with their squad, hell I was nervous while following the game on my phone while streaming.

Should there have been better subs to change the game? Yes. Should Zelem have been subbed off to give her rest for Tuesday? Yes and Irene should have come on. Skinner is walking a mighty thin line with his lineups and subs and it will come back to bite him.

Next week Tuesday he has to field a strong yet stable starting lineup if we are to get anything out of this Qualifier to make it to the group stage for the first time. I wish he would actually listen to the fans after the game and take their input then maybe JUST MAYBE he would earn their respect a lot more.
Irene wasn’t in the squad yesterday. It was an important top four game, you don’t do subs thinking about the next one during those matches.

I don’t think a manager should listen to fans when it comes to player selections. He’s there for a reason and he knows so much more about the game and his players than we all do combined.

No matter how frustrated we all are about the subs, I can’t do anything but respect Skinner and the work he’s done. We took a huge step forward last season, reaching the UWCL for the first time and coming very close to winning the title.