WSL 23/24 | United v Arsenal - Fri 6 Oct at 7:30

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Oooh that was a good chance.

Jazz

/I'm tired of hearing about Russo from the commentators :rolleyes:

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Quality low block defending. They have the ball but there’s no gaps to play a pass or even shoot.

Jazz

Feck off looking for a pen.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Not sure we deserved more than that. Hurts to lose two points like that but I think that’s the ”right” result. Need fresh legs in the CL match. Well, would need. We already know the starting XI.

Jazz

Disappointing but good game from us.

Onwards!

Lightbringer

As soon as we scored we did not have possession at all, wasteful! We gave up everything. But the goal came from a nothing situation, that was an impossible shot!

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Not sure we deserved more than that. Hurts to lose two points like that but I think that’s the ”right” result. Need fresh legs in the CL match. Well, would need. We already know the starting XI.
Think we were lucky to get the point tbh, absolutely nowhere for a lot of that second half.

Lightbringer

Disappointing not to get the three points but Arsenal could have run away with it at times.

Skinner has to get used to the idea that he's got 5 subs and you don't have to wait for 70 minutes.
Why was Galton on the pitch the last 10-15 minutes? She was barely moving, her legs were stiff as rocks. ANY player with fresh legs would have been better in her position on the pitch. Even moving Malard to her place because she had legs.

I dont get why we need to have players on that clearly are don physically.

ForeverRed1

Commentators talking about how amazing arsenal are and shite United were. We did ok.

one thing to really take from the game: it’s horrible seeing Russo in a arsenal shirt. It just doesn’t feel right.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Shame.

I had my post ready to bump the Russo thread.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
When you give up points with a couple of minutes left in any game, it's as good as a loss to me. She was only on for 5 minutes as well. Disappointing! Well at least Russo never got it. We would never had heard the last of it.

Lightbringer

Weekend ruined, to have them shoot a wonder strike with 3 mins left is gutting! The table swing is insane!

Ekeke

Arsenal were better and deserved at least a point. They just werent finding a finish, while we had a bit of luck with ours

Going forward the starting lineup is performing poorly. Not enough overall from midfield + Toone in front imo. Zelem puts the tackles in and good set pieces, she tries but Toone and Ladd are not providing enough with the ball. Garcia and Geyse looked like headless chickens and didnt really threaten to linkup and score a goal

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
On the plus side, Malard and Hinata both look like they'll add a lot, was a breath of fresh air when Hinata would actually turn into some space and keep it rather than lump it away for them to come and attack us today.

Batlle being gone is also very noticeable, and we missed Russo's ability to hold it up.